Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Everton (A)(PL) ****

Normann doing well

2 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Much more like it from Normann. Someone trying to make something happen. Exactly what we want to see. 

More of that please.

Showing some leadership

Looked more solid defensively until Kabak went ka-kak for a moment. I suppose we can put to bed this notion of a lack of a plan B as we weren't looking too bad.

Keep it at 1-0 and then really have a go at them in the last twenty, I think.

Positive signs from that last 5 minutes, just need the team to take the game by the scruff of the neck and commit themselves some more. 

Hopefully Farke gets into them at HT and I would like to see Tzolis on the pitch sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Absolutely nothing from Williams in that half to justify his selection, in fact I’d say we’ve seen the opposite.

Williams has been an option 3-4 times on the wide left, in space, every time the move loses momentum, he cuts inside, goes backwards, or looses possession altogether. He looks uncomfortable.

Even the one time he done well to get past Townsend in our half on the outside he then chopped back on himself and went backwards. 

I just don’t get it. Giannoulis would’ve offered so much more in this half so far.

It's just being right footed playing left back, he has to stop and come back on his other foot.  It's the same problem Sorenson had there last year 

We are totally clueless when we get anywhere near their goal, not that it happens very often mind.

Two poor teams dishing up dire football

And yes, it definitely was a penalty. You can't afford to make wreckless challenges and not make contact with the ball in your own penalty area.

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

You mean, don't point out how dodgy it looks telling someone to go back to their nation of heritage you mean?

Yeah you're a bit of a backwards one aren't ya

thought it was much better, at least we didn't look like conceding every attack.

More compact and tight, now need to work on the attack. Like i said on previous posts about 352 / 532, it can be very narrow and its playing out like that. Williams gets forward really well then does nothing with it. Is useless in the final third. 

Just now, McWrighty said:

Yeah you're a bit of a backwards one aren't ya

Only backwards ones on here are the ones telling Farke to go back to Germany...

I actually feel sorry for Farke.

Everton have had lot of dangerous possession but other than picking the ball out of the net don’t recall Krul having to do much.

We gifted them a goal. Other than that we’ve looked solid if uninspiring.

Our play in their final third has been poor though, slow, pondering not enough bodies getting forward and final balls poor/non existent  again.

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Only backwards ones on here are the ones telling Farke to go back to Germany...

That's exactly why I said it...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He’s defending chances and chasing balls into the opposition corner, what game are you watching? 

Well I suppose to be fair to him, not really this one 😂

3 centre backs is not a formation that suits playing a holding midfielder. In a 2 at the back the cdm drops back into the space between the cb’s to receive the ball and move forward. With the 3rd cb there that space no longer exists so he’s effectively a wasted player on the pitch. It works with two box to box cm’s and an attacking mid to push into the pocket between the lines of the opponents. Hey what do I know though. 

VAR was demanded by most managers.

All it has done is cause more controversy than existed in the first place.

Ref didn't give it. He was right. The player had lost control of the ball and Aarons would have got it. But because someone in a dark room tells the ref to look he is telling the ref he has made a mistake. And the replays show us something contentious and not necessarily a clear and obvious error.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I actually feel sorry for Farke.

Everton have had lot of dangerous possession but other than picking the ball out of the net don’t recall Krul having to do much.

We gifted them a goal. Other than that we’ve looked solid if uninspiring.

Our play in their final third has been poor though, slow, pondering not enough bodies getting forward and final balls poor/non existent  again.

Yep agree with this. Just a shame we gave away that pen as 0-0 at half time would’ve been a good base for the second 45. Our game plan was working for the most part, it was **** poor to watch but we just need to get our toe in the door to kickstart this season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, we made one shot in 45 minutes. 

Maybe we might get another in the second half 🙃

Everton have hardly had many shots either ,there not exactly running us ragged are they 

• Like 1

I didn’t think that was too bad,

They didn’t have many chances and we looked better at the back. Penalty was probably right decision but element of more bad luck given ref didn’t give it and he had lost the ball.

Think it was right ideas to try and keep it level to half time then unleash Tzolis and Rashica,

im still living in hope Farke goes for that after 60 mins

• Like 1

Just now, rock bus said:

Think it was right ideas to try and keep it level to half time then unleash Tzolis and Rashica,

im still living in hope Farke goes for that after 60 mins

If you’ve watched much of Norwich under Farke you will know that’s not going to happen. The major criticism I’ve had of Farke even when things are going well is his infuriating use of sub either leaving them too late or making absolutely baffling ones. 

• Like 1

Can’t beat Saturday afternoons for a good moan

Be thankful you’re not on Coach One coming home

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Newcastle, Burnley and Leeds all winning, great!

Doesn’t matter what anyone else does if we can’t even score a goal. We are by far the worst team in this league on the games so far. I am actually struggling to see who we have a chance of beating. 

Everton aren't even out of 2nd gear. We can still get something out of this if Farke makes some changes.

Plan A blown out the water, now for  Plan B.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

3 centre backs is not a formation that suits playing a holding midfielder. In a 2 at the back the cdm drops back into the space between the cb’s to receive the ball and move forward. With the 3rd cb there that space no longer exists so he’s effectively a wasted player on the pitch. It works with two box to box cm’s and an attacking mid to push into the pocket between the lines of the opponents. Hey what do I know though. 

would argue its best with 2 DM's and a free roll no.10