Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Everton (A)(PL) ****

Never a penalty for all the time in China. The most minimal contact and wasn't in control of the ball.

Atrocious decision after a solid start

• Like 1

Sad but I do wonder if that pen would have been given in the other box - particularly when you consider Rashica v Watford last week.  The guy had lost possession, a clumsy challenge but also extremely soft.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I'm not writing him off just yet. But we needed a big, quick, experienced CB who's first and foremost a defender. 

We signed a 21 yo 6ft1, slow, ball playing CB....Survival is tough enough already but we really don't help ourselves do we. 

Just now, Monty13 said:

Hanley errors, get punished. Story of Hanely's season so far.

Corrected that for you in case someone accuses you of not scapegoating enough. 😉

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Are we playing ok? 

Not really. We look slightly tighter at the back but we have absolutely nothing going forwards. We’re now playing into Everton’s hands and making silly little fouls when we inevitably lose the ball going forwards. 

Is going to be a long season I suspect.

• Like 1

Just now, Dame to Blame said:

Dear me what a crap  VAR decision , and of course we all know what happens once we go 1 nil down in the prem. We get fcuk all luck as well fcuk VAR 

The last 30 games we’ve conceded the first goal in we’ve lost. Not a good sign 

3 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm not writing him off just yet. But we needed a big, quick, experienced CB who's first and foremost a defender. 

Yeah good luck finding one of those on our budget

4 minutes ago, McWrighty said:

Never a penalty for all the time in China. The most minimal contact and wasn't in control of the ball.

Atrocious decision after a solid start

Kabak left his foot up at knee height, he is too slow, ref had no choice than to give it

Just now, Jsim1986 said:

If Farke doesn't change this at half time he can seriously Fu*k off back to Germany

Why does it have to be Germany? Seems a bit charged IMHO. Suggesting he should s0d off would be enough right? 

• Like 1

Farkes time is over here. You can’t defend his selections and formations any more. This is woeful. Zero creativity and trying to play it around outside our box. Doesn’t not know how to set a team up in the top flight unfortunately 

Just now, chicken said:

Why does it have to be Germany? Seems a bit charged IMHO. Suggesting he should s0d off would be enough right? 

Don't be thick your whole life 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It’s like watching a League 1 side against a top Prem side in the FA Cup. We have absolutely 0 output going forwards. Pukki looks as mobile as John Hartson did on his loan spell with us. Williams and Aarons are so low on confidence that they’re offering nothing on the wings. McLean, Normann and Lees-Melou are being bypassed every time we have the ball, they’re passengers in this game.

I don’t see where we’ll even get the chance to have a decent shot on goal, let alone score one.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sad but I do wonder if that pen would have been given in the other box 

I know the answer to that one 👍

Just now, Helsinki canary said:

Kabak left his foot up at knee height, he is too slow, ref had no choice than to give it

Rubbish absolutely shocking decision , thankgod i watched most of my football in the 70s and 80s and didnt have to put up with this ****e VAR crap   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sad but I do wonder if that pen would have been given in the other box - particularly when you consider Rashica v Watford last week.  The guy had lost possession, a clumsy challenge but also extremely soft.

It would’ve been given because it was a pen, simple as that. Was careless and lazy from Kabak and he caught him, end of story. Was there much contact? No. Does it matter? No.