Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates-Cantwell still out

'Christoph Zimmerman will definitely miss the game due to his ankle problem. And it is the same with Przemysław Placheta who is out with Covid.Todd Cantwell is also out as he has missed the whole week’s training, with a personal problem, and there is a little question mark over Milot Rashica. He did not train the last couple of days, but was back in training today so we will have a late test on him.

'Here is good news in that Mathias Normann, who missed the cup game in midweek, is back in team training and Josh Sargent, who has been doing individual training sessions is back in team training today. We will have to see how his body reacts, but we hope that he will be available for Everton. So, some mixed news I would say'

Shame if Sargent can’t start, thought he was one of the best performers last week.

Would have like to have seen him and Cantwell start alongside Pukki but maybe a chance for Dowell to try to show why Everton were wrong to let him go.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

So worst case scenario no Cantwell, Rashica and Sargent but sounds like only Todd is the definite non starter.

If that is the case then it would like be Tzolis and Dowell in the attacking midfield.

I know it is none of our business apparently but this personal problem that Cantwell is dealing with now appears to have caused him to miss training for a week.

Any ITK or conspiracy theorists about today ?

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

You could have just stopped here.

You are not interested to know then ,fair enough but i am sure i am not the only one who is.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I know it is none of our business apparently but this personal problem that Cantwell is dealing with now appears to have caused him to miss training for a week.

You're letting yourself down badly with this post TIL. 

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You are not interested to know then ,fair enough but i am sure i am not the only one who is.

Whether I'm interested or not isn't relevent.

You or I have no right to know what his 'personal reasons' are.

To give you a recent, personal example- I had to spend some time off work recently as my son was in hopsital. Nothing too serious but still a worry for any parent. A few people at my work knew why (boss, friends) but most of the business was told I was off for personal reasons, because I didn't want to have to deal with a bunch of people asking me what was going on all the time and people could get on happily without knowing exactly why I wasn't in- and anyone who'd have gone snooping to find out would have looked like a nosey ****.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

To give you a recent, personal example- I had to spend some time off work recently as my son was in hopsital. Nothing too serious but still a worry for any parent. A few people at my work knew why (boss, friends) but most of the business was told I was off for personal reasons, because I didn't want to have to deal with a bunch of people asking me what was going on all the time and people could get on happily without knowing exactly why I wasn't in- and anyone who'd have gone snooping to find out would have looked like a nosey ****.

Fully understand where you are coming from king canary with regard to your family situation but we are talking about a young man who is in the local public eye here in Norfolk and to a slighly lesser degree on the national football stage and remember he has not so far been very shy on his social media these last couple of years putting himself out there so to speak.

If this drags out ( hopefully not by the way ) for a few games the rumour mill will get into overdrive and we all know how that ends up in this day and age.

47 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Any conspiracy theorists about today ?

I'll bite.

I heard after he'd had his 2nd jab he was suffering with a few strange hallucinations. One night he was visited by an apperation of Bill Gates mumbling away talking about world domination and processors in brains and cams in eyeballs etc. Feeling a bit stressed, Cantwell decided to go for a walk, so that no one would see him and overly worry, he drove to a country lane and parked up. He followed the lane for a while before leaning against a tree to contemplate this vision further.

A few moments later lightening struck the tree, terrified he started sprinting back towards his car. Then an incredibly bright light stopped him in his tracks. It centred directly above him. That was the last he remembered. The next thing he remembered was waking up with police officers helping him off the ground in a middle of a field with a trio of cows laying down next to him.

What made this even more odd was that it was a corn field in Iowa, US and he was being greeted by two FBI agents in black macs. One a softly spoken chap with brown hair and the other a red haired lady. The whole experience left him a little dazed and confused.

Edited by chicken
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Fully understand where you are coming from king canary with regard to your family situation but we are talking about a young man who is in the local public eye here in Norfolk and to a slighly lesser degree on the national football stage and remember he has not so far been very shy on his social media these last couple of years putting himself out there so to speak.

If this drags out ( hopefully not by the way ) for a few games the rumour mill will get into overdrive and we all know how that ends up in this day and age.

Erm, you mean instagram? Sorry but none of what you are saying gives anyone any right to pry into his private life. Which is odd in a way.

What you are saying is that anyone that regularly posts pictures of instagram or posts on twitter has consented to their private lives being turned upside down with no corner left unscrutinised. I should imagine there are a fair few people on here who fit that description who would not be happy as that being used as a reason to pry.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

Spot on.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

If that is the case then it would like be Tzolis and Dowell in the attacking midfield.

I feel a bit for Dowell, really looked up for it at the end of last season, did reasonably well in preseason and then... dropped. Even in the cup game only got a short time on the pitch. I hope he gets a chance to stake his claim for a place in the squad, his link-up play in some of the last few games was absolutely brilliant. I appreciate the Prem is a different kettle of fish but I hope he takes his chance if he does feature

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chicken said:

I'll bite.

I heard after he'd had his 2nd jab he was suffering with a few strange hallucinations. One night he was visited by an apperation of Bill Gates mumbling away talking about world domination and processors in brains and cams in eyeballs etc. Feeling a bit stressed, Cantwell decided to go for a walk, so that no one would see him and overly worry, he drove to a country lane and parked up. He followed the lane for a while before leaning against a tree to contemplate this vision further.

A few moments later lightening struck the tree, terrified he started sprinting back towards his car. Then an incredibly bright light stopped him in his tracks. It centred directly above him. That was the last he remembered. The next thing he remembered was waking up with police officers helping him off the ground in a middle of a field with a trio of cows laying down next to him.

What made this even more odd was that it was a corn field in Iowa, US and he was being greeted by two FBI agents in black macs. One a softly spoken chap with brown hair and the other a red haired lady. The whole experience left him a little dazed and confused.

What's an apperition?.....Is it surgically removing an app from a smart phone?.......

Whatever the situation is with Todd's personal reasons resulting in absence from the squad, I really hope it gets sorted and sorted soon.....WE need him...... 

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Posted this on Insta today, if this helps anyone in their detective work.

Screenshot_20210924-152947_Instagram.jpg

He was one of the 24.2%??? 😏

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Whatever the situation is with Todd's personal reasons resulting in absence from the squad, I really hope it gets sorted and sorted soon.....WE need him...... 

Totally agree. If we are to have any hope of avoiding relegation we need Todd in the team firing on all cylinders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Posted this on Insta today, if this helps anyone in their detective work.

Screenshot_20210924-152947_Instagram.jpg

Is that Todd?

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Tattoos on arms so can’t be. 

There just transfers, not permanent tattoos so don’t think we can completely rule out that isn’t indeed Tod and the personal reasons becoming more apparent 

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

No conspiracy, just an agonising and terminal family situation that should be kept very private, and I hope it is. 

• Like 1

Many people concerned about Placheta? He's been out a month with Covid.  I'm hoping it's just his energy levels that means he can't get back into training - or perhaps it's just that he can't get a negative result to be cleared to train perhaps?

Hope the guy hasn't been ill all this time, as that's going to be really depressing for him.

Heart goes out to both players, hope to see them back into the swing of things soon. 

As for fishing for 'ITK' and 'Conspiracies' surrounding a young player who we've all been told is out for personal reasons, is despicable.  The morality façade appears to fall very easily when it suits.

• Like 1

There are some pretty awful posts on this thread. If there’s one thing that is evidently apparent about Todd Cantwell, it’s that he loves to play. He plays with freedom, expression and tries things that others might not be brave enough to. If there’s something going on in his life, let him deal with it and let him deal with it how HE sees fit. 
The kid is a human first and foremost. A son, a sibling, a grandson, a friend, whatever. Just mind your own ****ing business. It appears, to me at least, it’s something very important to him and, if it is, eventually you ghouls will find out. State of this board sometimes. 😔

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

There are some pretty awful posts on this thread. If there’s one thing that is evidently apparent about Todd Cantwell, it’s that he loves to play. He plays with freedom, expression and tries things that others might not be brave enough to. If there’s something going on in his life, let him deal with it and let him deal with it how HE sees fit. 
The kid is a human first and foremost. A son, a sibling, a grandson, a friend, whatever. Just mind your own ****ing business. It appears, to me at least, it’s something very important to him and, if it is, eventually you ghouls will find out. State of this board sometimes. 😔

Yeah, some of the posts on this thread have  been pretty depressing. Can't wait to have Todd back however!