Sign in to follow this  
Thingy

Stronger team

At Everton I would like to see a 4-4-1-1

Krul

Aarons  Omo  Kabak  Williams

Sorensen Normann McLean Gianoulis

Tzolis --->------------------->-------------------> or Rashica or Sargent

Pukki

We have to put up a better defensive display, simple as that.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Krul

Pukki

3 full backs is different but why not. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Thingy said:

Krul

Aarons Andrew Kabak Williams

Normann PLM

Sargent Cantwell Tzolis

Pukki

This, with Gilmour for PLM and operate a double pivot in a similar way to Rice/Phillips for England

Gilmour too weak and gets caught on wrong side of play. Would rather have 2 DM's to better protect the defense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Krul

Pukki

There’s just no outlet with that team Lakey, we’d eventually concede with little threat.

Have faith in the back four you’ve picked with Norman sitting in and Gilmour roaming, then back to a three behind Pukki in Cantwell, Tzolis and Sargent or Dowell. Give Everton more things to think about and stop us being a negative team trying not to concede.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thingy said:

Krul

Normann PLM

Sargent Cantwell Tzolis

Pukki

I'd play Gibson over Omo and possibly McLean over PLM, otherwise I'd go with that.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

There’s just no outlet with that team Lakey, we’d eventually concede with little threat.

Have faith in the back four you’ve picked with Norman sitting in and Gilmour roaming, then back to a three behind Pukki in Cantwell, Tzolis and Sargent or Dowell. Give Everton more things to think about and stop us being a negative team trying not to concede.

I just think it's got to the point where teams think we are easy meat and we need to just batten down the hatches a little - still play Farkeball, but with a bit more conservative outlook, especially away.

The team of OP is pretty much that I'd think as our best option. Only things that I would maybe pick differently is to pick Gibson instead Kabak (as Kabak is very much unproven quality still) and not sure if I'd pick Williams or Giannoulis. But with midfield/forward I'd want to see exactly those players.

4-2-3-1! 4-2-3-1! 4-2-3-1!  Chant it loud enough Farke will listen eventually.  Get a defensive coach in as well and survival is more likely.

Krul: Aarons, Omobamidele, Kabak, Williams; Normann, Sorenson; Tzolis, Cantwell, Sargent; Pukki.

2 hours ago, Thingy said:

Krul

Normann PLM

Sargent Cantwell Tzolis

Pukki

I'd swap Kabak for Gibson for now.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

4-2-3-1! 4-2-3-1! 4-2-3-1!  Chant it loud enough Farke will listen eventually.  Get a defensive coach in as well and survival is more likely.

Krul: Aarons, Omobamidele, Kabak, Williams; Normann, Sorenson; Tzolis, Cantwell, Sargent; Pukki.

Whilst I understand what your getting at I have three points about that, the first is last season we were significantly defensively stronger than prior seasons (albeit in a lower league) it seems as though our current coaches are capable of getting improvement out of squad.

The second, which relates to last season, is the use of a CDM to cover our full backs and help absorb pressure. We've only had one game with Normann in and so have to hope that will start to have an impact in the same way Skipp helped out defensive stats.

The final point, is a defensive coach necessary with regards to what is going on thats resulting in goals? At the moment its a lot of horrible individual mistakes that almost any pro knows not to make, but due to confidence/bad decision making/pressure from our situation, we can see them making them. For example, the club doesn't need to hire me on £80,000 a year to be telling our full backs not to let a winger get space on the overlap, or that they need to cut out balls into the box.. I think its issues that our current coaches (and players for that matter) know more than enough about and will be working on.

Edited by birchfest

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I'd play Gibson over Omo and possibly McLean over PLM, otherwise I'd go with that.

With those two changes that's exactly what my team would be as well 

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

Whilst I understand what your getting at I have three points about that, the first is last season we were significantly defensively stronger than prior seasons (albeit in a lower league) it seems as though our current coaches are capable of getting improvement out of squad.

The second, which relates to last season, is the use of a CDM to cover our full backs and help absorb pressure. We've only had one game with Normann in and so have to hope that will start to have an impact in the same way Skipp helped out defensive stats.

The final point, is a defensive coach necessary with regards to what is going on thats resulting in goals? At the moment its a lot of horrible individual mistakes that almost any pro knows not to make, but due to confidence/bad decision making/pressure from our situation, we can see them making them. For example, the club doesn't need to hire me on £80,000 a year to be telling our full backs not to let a winger get space on the overlap, or that they need to cut out balls into the box.. I think its issues that our current coaches (and players for that matter) know more than enough about and will be working on.

Thanks for your understanding Birchfest. 

I favour getting in a coach, despite the new faces that need bedding in,  mainly because familiarity breeds contempt, hence why seemingly simple lapses suddenly become an epidemic.  A new defensive coach would be a fresh pair of eyes, hopefully a different approach to cognitive recognition of danger (the big issue i think, we sleepwalk to concession), as well as provision of technical support.  If a well-known coach, it might also add a wee bit of a kick up the **** / respect to the issues at hand.  Two weeks of Pukki's wages would be money well spent in my view.  But I agree it is just my view.

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

last season we were significantly defensively stronger than prior seasons

Are you sure about that? Our xGA for the 18/19 season was 1.33 goals per game. Our xGA for last season was 1.34 gpg. The indication being that it was actually poorer finishing that resulted in us conceding fewer.

If you ran that season again you could reasonably expect us to concede far more goals, almost identical to our previous season in the Champs.

• Like 1

It seems that we can agree on these:

Krul

Aarons CB? CB? Williams

Normann DM?

Sargent Cantwell Tzolis

Pukki

Then just a matter of:

A) PLM, Mclean or Sorensen as the other DM

B) Two of Omobamidele, Hanley, Gibson, Kabak as the CBs

Any change of formation, any change of personnel or any change of attitude and application has got to be looked on as a possible hope for a change in this losing mentality which has grabbed a hold of this side.