Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Who’s Excited For Saturday

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Are you on a coach Til? Has to be the best way following Norwich away. 

Surely Loganair is better?......

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Give your head a wobble Midlands as i would rather walk to Goodison than travel on Club Cabbage.

Snob.....

I was really excited for Saturday as it is the first game of the season where I have had tickets for us all together. A short hop along the Wirral for us here in North Wales and I had persuaded the wife to drive so I could get refreshed early 😘

Unfortunately me and the youngest were tested positive for Covid a couple of days ago, so it's another one we've missed out on. 

I also have tickets for Nick Cave on Monday which I'm going to miss too - really disappointed 😔 

Its the sort of situation that can be remedied by a good away performance and 3 points though!

23 minutes ago, NWC said:

I also have tickets for Nick Cave on Monday which I'm going to miss too - really disappointed 😔

Now that is disappointing 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I’ve got a good feeling about these next two games. It goes against everything my head is telling me after witnessing our defending of late but I just think sooner or later there has to be a turning point and that playing away with less pressure on might suit us.

Everton have huge injury issues so look a bit short on fire power. Could be the perfect game to “park the bus” and grind out a point. After that we face a team who have not won at home in the league for 15 games and aren’t prolific so whilst there is clearly huge “along come Norwich” potential they will be under just as much as if not more pressure than us because their fans will expect this game to be their “Watford.”

im predicting 4 points and a turning point for the season. 

Jim really sticking the knife in and doubling down on the OP's sarcasm. 

7 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Apprehensive more than excited.

Everton not in the best of form themselves. Think we need to stay compact and quieten the crowd early doors and just pray we can grind out a result.

Tzolis on from the start after his little telling off from Farke earlier this week. I’m sure he’ll be fired up and will want to make amends after the penalty miss.

Agreed. Felt sorry for him being singled out when he was one of the very few on the pitch showing confidence and aggression.

When so many others put in such a poor showing, you shouldn't call out one player for one moment (even if it might have changed things should he/Idah have scored-It';s still a big IF) 

Why should anyone be excited about this game? From the evidence on the pitch so far the squad have not been up for any form of contest. Anyhow, I will be watching but with absolutely no expectation of a good performance.

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I've got my Smiths and Radiohead tunes on my old MP3 player, all ready for Saturday 17.00 hours.....

You might have to go into full Coldplay mode

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed, much as I don't like saying it there are not many managers that could survive 18 losses.

No I don't know many either. Thankfully,  Farke had a 46 game title winning season inbetween those losses.

• Like 2

You could never say match days supporting Norwich are dull at least. Excitement and trepidation, it’s always the hope that kills you so up until about 2.45 on Sat I will be convinced the winning goal will be a corner headed home by Ben Godfrey. 

2 hours ago, NWC said:

I was really excited for Saturday as it is the first game of the season where I have had tickets for us all together. A short hop along the Wirral for us here in North Wales and I had persuaded the wife to drive so I could get refreshed early 😘

Unfortunately me and the youngest were tested positive for Covid a couple of days ago, so it's another one we've missed out on. 

Its the sort of situation that can be remedied by a good away performance and 3 points though!

There’s an alternate reality in which going to a Norwich is more depressing than going to a Nick Cave concert. This is that alternate reality.

(In jest of course, as a Smiths fan I’ve been told many times that they’re depressing, mainly by people who don’t know any of their songs so I guess Nick Cave is the same).

• Haha 1

I get excited for every game, probably in a more considered way than 50 years ago.

But I always believe we will win. Reality says we aren't going to win every game ( just one would be a start) but at KO, I am waiting for a flowing move and a first minute opener.

I just take one game at a time. If I think they have played poorly I say so without looking for excuses. But if they play well I say so without looking for excuses.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

There’s an alternate reality in which going to a Norwich is more depressing than going to a Nick Cave concert. This is that alternate reality.

(In jest of course, as a Smiths fan I’ve been told many times that they’re depressing, mainly by people who don’t know any of their songs so I guess Nick Cave is the same).

The two you have quoted make Leonard Cohen seem like Cheggers.

Saw the Smiths in 85 at De Montfort Hall the day after the Milk Cup win, what a great long weekend. 

I'm pretty obsessive about games, probably like most. Holidays, weddings, funerals, il still find a way to follow the game but occasionally I will avoid the game as superstition when we Reay need a result.

Last time I did it was when we beat Everton 2-0 so, I'm trying it again this weekend.

If it works, I.promise to avoid every Game!!!

Not if the Smith songs are sung by Rick Astley.😆