Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Who’s Excited For Saturday

Those lucky enough to have tickets I guess. Anyone travelling on official club coaches and if so will you start the first chorus of OTBC soon into the journey? For those unfortunate not to be attending its ears to the wireless while kicking every imaginary ball. 

The storm of these early season setbacks seems to have passed and a more positive forecast is on the horizon. Either way let’s fill this Message Board with upbeat tones pre and post match. 

Yes, because thats what being a football fan is all about, even if it completely unfounded optimism and more irrational hope.

BUT... This isn't the last 5 games and we are 9 points from safety. We will hopefully see a back 5 of even 4-2-3-1 which might help. Todd could come good. Rashica could go up a level. Kabak and Normann could both be more settled and start to show they are top flight standard. Everton have a bit of an injury crisis.

Enough there to think its worth hoping. We win and the mood changes completely, we start looking at going to Burnley and getting something too.

• Like 1

Apprehensive more than excited.

Everton not in the best of form themselves. Think we need to stay compact and quieten the crowd early doors and just pray we can grind out a result.

Tzolis on from the start after his little telling off from Farke earlier this week. I’m sure he’ll be fired up and will want to make amends after the penalty miss.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the match. Once work is finished tomorrow, can't wait!  I may only have about 10% belief right now, but that will soon hit 100% if we start well.  Blind faith, great eh? 🙂

When we get our first 3 points I'm gonna get absolutely smashed that evening and make a point of enjoying it.  If it's Saturday I'll be singing sweet caroline, and telling people I love them while watching the boxing!   ...No doubt followed by illness as I barely drink nowadays, but hey, gonna be great. 🙂

My big worry is that we lose the next two away and then start poorly against Brighton and the crowd turn. Farke, after all he's done, whatever your opinion on his ability at this level, does not deserve it.

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I'll have a pint of whatever you poured on your weetabix this morning.

Are you on a coach Til? Has to be the best way following Norwich away. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Going but now idea why, I will turn up but I doubt the team will 

You’ll have to report your match experience on here. What number coach are you on? 

I always get a tingle of excited anticipation on a match day, there is always the hope even if expectation is absent, together with the solace that sometimes an underdog will win.

24 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Going but now idea why, I will turn up but I doubt the team will 

ah really, where are ipswich off to this weekend?

• Haha 1

Not sure where this idea that Everton are on a bad run has come from-seen it on another thread. Yes, they had a bad result at Villa but they are currently 6th in the league, their 5 games so far are WDWWL.

If they do beat us, it certainly won't be another "Along Come Norwich" stick to beat the club with.

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course looking forwards to it.  After a defeat the next match is always an opportunity to put things right, react well to the adversity and show what you are made of. 

Reminds me of a very old joke-

Boxing trainer says to his boxer-"When I said show him what you're made of, I didn't mean let him knock the stuffing out of you".

• Haha 1

Nope, not excited at all. I've gone through a temporary divorce process with my football team. The bad moods every Saturday are not worth it, and not fair on anyone! I'm in the acceptance phase, and defeats no longer hurt. I just need to enter the forget phase.. then remember to rekindle the love July 1st 2022. 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

My big worry is that we lose the next two away and then start poorly against Brighton and the crowd turn. Farke, after all he's done, whatever your opinion on his ability at this level, does not deserve it.

If that situation arises we will be heading into 18 straight losses at this level and anger will be entirely merited 

52 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Not sure where this idea that Everton are on a bad run has come from-seen it on another thread. Yes, they had a bad result at Villa but they are currently 6th in the league, their 5 games so far are WDWWL.

If they do beat us, it certainly won't be another "Along Come Norwich" stick to beat the club with.

I was going to say, they've generally been very good, although hopefully still have some injury problems.

Regardless, of course I'm excited, I can't go, which may turn out to be a blessing. But generally speaking always looking forward to the next match.

14 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

If that situation arises we will be heading into 18 straight losses at this level and anger will be entirely merited 

Indeed, much as I don't like saying it there are not many managers that could survive 18 losses.

33 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yes, anger will be merited, but some of the ways that anger may manifest will not be. I've no problem with the final whistle booing at all, but any in game anti-Farke chants will be bang out of order given all he's done.

We've got more of  chance against Everton than we had against Watford or will have against Burnley. Trouble is they have players like Townsend and Richarlison who we just cannot cope with as we don't win 1 v1's because we're so slow and weak and don't tackle. I see us putting in a better performance but they'll score two or three from giving it to one of those players who will dribble around our entire backline unchallenged and they'll smash a few in that way. 

Think it'll be a 3-1 loss but a better performance overall

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Those lucky enough to have tickets I guess. Anyone travelling on official club coaches and if so will you start the first chorus of OTBC soon into the journey? For those unfortunate not to be attending its ears to the wireless while kicking every imaginary ball. 

The storm of these early season setbacks seems to have passed and a more positive forecast is on the horizon. Either way let’s fill this Message Board with upbeat tones pre and post match. 

Have you drifted onto this site by accident ?

You seem to be talking about another club entirely 😉

Not sure why people are saying Everton are having problems, sitting in 6th with 10 points 🤨It will take us 4 months to get to that many.

Looking forward to the match. People say with our squad we have a bright future, so the sooner we get there the better.

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Are you on a coach Til? Has to be the best way following Norwich away. 

Give your head a wobble Midlands as i would rather walk to Goodison than travel on Club Cabbage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

They have some injury problems

I’ve got a good feeling about these next two games. It goes against everything my head is telling me after witnessing our defending of late but I just think sooner or later there has to be a turning point and that playing away with less pressure on might suit us.

Everton have huge injury issues so look a bit short on fire power. Could be the perfect game to “park the bus” and grind out a point. After that we face a team who have not won at home in the league for 15 games and aren’t prolific so whilst there is clearly huge “along come Norwich” potential they will be under just as much as if not more pressure than us because their fans will expect this game to be their “Watford.”

im predicting 4 points and a turning point for the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not sure why people are saying Everton are having problems, sitting in 6th with 10 points 🤨It will take us 4 months to get to that many.

Looking forward to the match. People say with our squad we have a bright future, so the sooner we get there the better.

It’s because Calvert Lewin, Richarlisson and a couple of other key players for them are supposedly out injured. 

Everton have two fast wingers that like to cross the ball and a centre forward who’s good in the air. What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1