paokfan

Hello from Greece

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Something that I'm always curious about is what the difference is between P.A.O.K and PAOK?  And how do you verbally pronounce each to people you speak to, to know the difference?

There is pretty much no difference between the two. In the Greek language we use dots to show that the letters stand for something. That it is an acronym. There is no difference verbally, it is only used in written form.

Welcome PAOK fan. In addition to this message board, you might also like the other, which is 'Not 606 - Norwich' (just Google it). Another source of newspaper and blog articles is 'Newsnow Norwich City'. Our local sports newspaper is the 'Pinkun' which again you can just Google. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

No attempt to even hide that English is this individuals first language and very likely his only language. 

Fluent in **** too actually so I stand corrected. 

17 minutes ago, paokfan said:

There is pretty much no difference between the two. In the Greek language we use dots to show that the letters stand for something. That it is an acronym. There is no difference verbally, it is only used in written form.

I've had English teachers whose English isn't  as good as yours paokfano. How come it's so good? 

Are we having our legs pulled?

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Outer or Inner?

What's his bellybutton  got to do with it?

Or Brexit?

Edited by wcorkcanary

I'll choose not to be cynical (which is weird becaue Im really cynical) and welcome our Greek friend to the site. People are suspicious of new posters, especially after 6 defeats at the start of the season, thinking they are trolls (I trust you get those in Greece). But some Greek fans in light of Giannoulis and Tzolis is not unexpected.

We've had a bad start to the season, which we somewhat expected with our opening fixtures, but we havent played well, and we had high hopes this season would not be a repeat of our last season in the Premier League.

We're all a bit deflated at the moment. You'll get more out of us after a win. Though you might have to wait til next season for that the way things are going

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I've had English teachers whose English isn't  as good as yours paokfano. How come it's so good? 

Are we having our legs pulled?

No, not a joke whatsoever. Here in Greece most of us start learning English from a young age. Yes, most of them don't speak the language very good (I count myself among them as far as speech goes) but me, I got my Cambridge profficiency certificate. So yes, I know the language well enough I guess. 

For the people thinking that my English is too good to be Greek, I am flattered. 😀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, paokfan said:

My question to you fellow Norwich fans is where can I get informed about the club? Any websites? Is this website a good place to start?

Might be a good place to stop. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, paokfan said:

Strange that, as it's clearly known that P.A.O.K is the multi-sports parent of PAOK FC.   You sure you're a fan?  

They have different badges, different officials and operate it different disciplines of sport..  (i.e. Katsaris is P.A.O.K president vs Savvidis at PAOK FC.)

Maybe you just forgot? 🤥

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, paokfan said:

Nope 🤔

You ever been to Corfu? First holiday for me abroad. Duke of Edinburgh was born there too. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I'll choose not to be cynical (which is weird becaue Im really cynical) and welcome our Greek friend to the site. People are suspicious of new posters, especially after 6 defeats at the start of the season, thinking they are trolls (I trust you get those in Greece). But some Greek fans in light of Giannoulis and Tzolis is not unexpected.

We've had a bad start to the season, which we somewhat expected with our opening fixtures, but we havent played well, and we had high hopes this season would not be a repeat of our last season in the Premier League.

We're all a bit deflated at the moment. You'll get more out of us after a win. Though you might have to wait til next season for that the way things are going

Thanks for the warm welcome. Oh I see now why everyone is so suspicious. I guess as the first guy who responded to this post said, this is a bad timing. And yea we do have these kind of people here in Greece. 

Sooner or later a win will come. Maybe not this weekend, but I am really optimistic about the next one!

40 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Strange that, as it's clearly known that P.A.O.K is the multi-sports parent of PAOK FC.   You sure you're a fan?  

They have different badges, different officials and operate it different disciplines of sport..  (i.e. Katsaris is P.A.O.K president vs Savvidis at PAOK FC.)

Maybe you just forgot? 🤥

I thought you were asking about the words themselves. Yes, PAOK FC of course is just the football club, the whole association technically is called P.A.O.K. but here in Greece in order not to be any confusion we call the latter "Ερασιτέχνη ΠΑΟΚ" or "ΑΣ ΠΑΟΚ". 

45 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You ever been to Corfu? First holiday for me abroad. Duke of Edinburgh was born there too. 

Yes, I have been in Corfu, beautiful island, but it has been almost 10 years since I've been there.

Just now, paokfan said:

Yes, I have been in Corfu, beautiful island, but it has been almost 10 years since I've been there.

Did you fly from Norwich or Stansted ?

13 minutes ago, paokfan said:

I thought you were asking about the words themselves. Yes, PAOK FC of course is just the football club, the whole association technically is called P.A.O.K.

Ah ok, I did wonder how you differed between the two.  As they're quite different.

I'm curious, What does this image mean to you?

GreekInternational.png.7c110e2a9f8c6eb35d79607a7563a342.png

10 minutes ago, paokfan said:

Northern Greece, sir!

If you are a bluffer, then coming in as a  new fan with no prior  knowledge  of the club is great cover.  .... and jts a good game.

If not,  then welcome. 

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Ah ok, I did wonder how you differed between the two.  As they're quite different.

I'm curious, What does this image mean to you?

GreekInternational.png.7c110e2a9f8c6eb35d79607a7563a342.png

This picture brings bad memories not so far into the past. It was in 2018, the year in which they stole our title inside our own stadium. After a clear goal was disallowed near the end of the game, a goal that would make us champions after 33 years. When the goal was ruled out, Savvidis stormed inside the pitch and asked our players to leave. I was in the stadium that sad day...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paokfan said:

When the goal was ruled out, Savvidis stormed inside the pitch and asked our players to leave. I was in the stadium that sad day...

Not forgetting he had a gun, of course, surprised you didn't notice that I removed it on that image .....   I hear you don't mess with Pontics, is that true?  lol 🙂

Edited by Google Bot

5 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

What does this image mean to you sir!?

Metaxa Ouzo | Astor Wines & Spirits

Haha. I guess you don't need an answer to that. But, I will tell you something new. In northern Greece, we drink "tsipouro", a drink similar to ouzo but different. And hell of a lot better!

• Like 2