Let's, some of us at least, detract from our current woes and have a binner-fest.

As sure as night follows day, as me getting sloshed on a Saturday night and of premature ejaculation (not necessarily in that order,) the "Daily Norwich," more or less silent for a while, has sprung to life following a rather fortuitous three points gained at the mighty Sincil Bank last Saturday.

Full of expertise, envy and pique towards our club as usual they now seem to be beside themselves with glee at our current misfortunes.

This latest nonsense is typical:

"This is as bad a Norwich side as they've had in the last decade, so the decline might just be beginning to set in. They were fortunate last season to have Buendia in the Championship, who was far too good for that level, and Pukki was still getting goals. The trouble is, their key assets are either getting older now or moving onto bigger and better things. If they go down and don't get back up within two seasons, they will really begin to struggle."

What crap!

They are usually full of ill-informed opinion regards all clubs though, especially Norwich, so no surprise there.

Wishful thinking or sensible critique? It could be the case, of course, but with Aarons, Cantwell and Omobamadile from the ranks and the prospects of Sargent, Tzolis, Rachida and Norman blossoming in the squad, to say nothing of our existing stalwarts, I, personally think that we have possibly our strongest squad ever, although, admittedly, we urgently need a team.

Anyhow, back to Binland. If they get walloped by Wednesday next time around, as is more than likely, with their bubble burst they will once again be inclined to contemplate their own navel rather than obsess about their superior neighbours. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

and don't get back up within two seasons, they will really begin to struggle."

think that's fact for any side getting relegated, look at the sides who dont make it in first two seasons. Player contracts naturally come to an end, the quality players get picked off and parachute payments are about to stop and the general level of the squad is pretty much just the crap that no one wanted to buy. Then a rebuild has to take place. 

Isn't that just what the current set-up is supposed to be all about avoiding?

Cat.1, training ground, recruitment?

Top twenty-six and all that.

We might not seem to have a successful PL team atm, but we have a strong Chumps line-up, for sure, and to the extent that some have even accused the club of buying with one eye on that league rather than on total Premier League survival.

The squad we have now will be decimated when we go down this time so there is a good possibility that we may not find bouncing back so easy . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, City 101 said:

The squad we have now will be decimated when we go down this time so there is a good possibility that we may not find bouncing back so easy . 

I don't quite get that.

Decimated? One in ten going? Probably more to be honest, but the new youngsters are on long contracts.

Who do you think we are likely to lose? Cantwell, Aarons? 

Also, if we succumb yet again we will have some financial clout in the market, as before.

Edited by BroadstairsR

16 minutes ago, City 101 said:

And this - of course - is precisely what the doom mongers said the last time we were relegated.  

There is never any guarantee, but the 6-0 demolition of Bournemouth gave a good indication of what is likely to happen if we are relegated again. 

• Thanks 1

Had to go home Saturday via P'boro due to rail closure between Hitchin and Royston.  Pulled into station and found hundreds of delightful morons from Ipswich dancing on the platform.  Became animated when they identified some togged out in Norwich shirts had to be restrained by Old Bill.  Surprised to such numbers in rature until discovered the Scum had won at last at Lincoln.  Another relegation for them cannot de discounted oh what fun might just be a bright spot this season.

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If you can’t take it don’t give it. Spin it the other way round and we’d be howling too. 

Eh?

Take it?

I go looking for it. It's fun.

Edited by BroadstairsR

15 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Isn't that just what the current set-up is supposed to be all about avoiding?

Cat.1, training ground, recruitment?

Top twenty-six and all that.

We might not seem to have a successful PL team atm, but we have a strong Chumps line-up, for sure, and to the extent that some have even accused the club of buying with one eye on that league rather than on total Premier League survival.

i agree the set up is good. But it was just a general statement that if you don't make it in first two seasons. The parachute payments make a huge impact along with some teams are receiving them which inevitable means they in a better financial situation to buy players (unless they have a mountain of debt). Then becomes a bigger reliant on selling players.

However, we would be in a good position in the first two seasons. 

Edited by Baracouda

It's an opinion from a rival supporter.  I'd say that was pretty tame and not all that wild a claim really.

End of the day, we've got a lot of hopefuls here - could be anywhere between the best or the worst team we've had.  So early in their progress as yet, we can't really defend them until they've proven it on the pitch and we need to try not to grill them by the same token.

If Webber doesn't renew his contract, well... That's our greatest source of uncertainty.

14 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If you can’t take it don’t give it. Spin it the other way round and we’d be howling too. 

We don't need to spin it the other way. I wouldn't even dare mention our biggest rivals if they were two divisions above us!

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We don't need to spin it the other way. I wouldn't even dare mention our biggest rivals if they were two divisions above us!

I’m well aware how bad they are but we are doing our best to give some relief. 

The point around ageing players is wrong, but I think the rest of it is pretty sensible tbh. What they don't get is that our squad is strong enough for the Premier League and if relegated, even with the loss of Aarons and Cantwell, ought to be good enough to win auto-promotion (again).

You'll never read a post on TWTD saying that we will do well with what we've got, no more than one on here that they'll  do well with their new squad.

In fact both clubs do have sufficient quality in their respective squads, but both have underperformed, so far.

Much like Liverpool's yesterday our C team takes their team apart. Not sure what they're laughing at tbh.

McGovern

Byram - Zimmermann - Famewo - McCallum

Adshead - Sorensen

Hernandez - Martin - Idah

Hugil

Edited by KeiranShikari

53 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And this - of course - is precisely what the doom mongers said the last time we were relegated.  

There is never any guarantee, but the 6-0 demolition of Bournemouth gave a good indication of what is likely to happen if we are relegated again. 

Er - that was against a Bournemouth reserve team. Would you be at all confident of our first team (whatever that is of course) beating their current first team?? 

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Er - that was against a Bournemouth reserve team. Would you be at all confident of our first team (whatever that is of course) beating their current first team?? 

Er, it was our reserve team against theirs and we won 6-0 

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Er, it was our reserve team against theirs and we won 6-0 

Er - not correct. All our players that night were members of the first team (PL) squad. 

41 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The point around ageing players is wrong, but I think the rest of it is pretty sensible tbh

I was thinking that, but then from an external perspective if you take our two top 'key' performers (Emi/Pukki) out, then indeed one has left and the other is ageing.  Add Krul into that pot too, as Gunn didn't look too spectacular.

Obviously as fans we know so much more is bubbling away in the younger ranks, but it took me a while to appreciate the view externally.

28 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Yes.