Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Huge void of leadership and balls required to compete...

Few points...

Why didn't one of the senior players step in last night and take the ball of Tzolis ? Its inexcusable tbh, Hanely for example, or Idah show some character and tell him straight. 

Does Farke know his best team yet, I dont think so. Yet to be convinced by any of the attacking players we have brought in, Rashica has the hernandes bug which means he goes missing for 70 mins each game, the rest are raw unproven.  

Seems to be a distinct lack of cohesion, character and guts in this team at the moment, all of which is essential if you want to stay in this league, all these signings will take time to gel, but we needed to hit the ground running, I fear we have lost our identity  and togetherness with the high turn over of players. 

The last thing I want is to see Farke go, love the bloke and what he has done and the identity he has instilled in this team (before this season). Generally slow starters so I'm hoping we can get a result at Everton, but if not I'd give him 3 more after that to get things right, that is if we have ambition to stay up....

Thoughts ?

I think going on a losing run is like try to turn a huge ship, it can happen but it takes a huge amount of effort and can look almost impossible to stop the momentum. 

But stop it must. I think we do have the character within the team, and we should also have enough young players desperate for their chance to play that we can create that energy and aggression. Some key players for us could still go up a gear or two; Aarons and Cantrell both not hitting the potential we all know they have so far. But thats where my hope lies; Cantwell gets back to his best, Pukki feeling confident in front of goal, Normann and Kabak settled with a run of games. In those players we have a spine of a quality team that should be able to create performances that we are not seeing at then moment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urdie_Canary said:

Few points...

Why didn't one of the senior players step in last night and take the ball of Tzolis ? Its inexcusable tbh, Hanely for example, or Idah show some character and tell him straight. 

Does Farke know his best team yet, I dont think so. Yet to be convinced by any of the attacking players we have brought in, Rashica has the hernandes bug which means he goes missing for 70 mins each game, the rest are raw unproven.  

Seems to be a distinct lack of cohesion, character and guts in this team at the moment, all of which is essential if you want to stay in this league, all these signings will take time to gel, but we needed to hit the ground running, I fear we have lost our identity  and togetherness with the high turn over of players. 

The last thing I want is to see Farke go, love the bloke and what he has done and the identity he has instilled in this team (before this season). Generally slow starters so I'm hoping we can get a result at Everton, but if not I'd give him 3 more after that to get things right, that is if we have ambition to stay up....

Thoughts ?

We haven't had a proper backbone in the team for many years.

It's not the 'Norwich way' to be aggressive.

35 minutes ago, robert choice said:

We haven't had a proper backbone in the team for many years.

It's not the 'Norwich way' to be aggressive.

Holt certainly was a leader and he was aggressive and it suited the Norwich way.

Buendia was quite happy to mix it.

In fact all the teams we have played have been quite happy o be cynical when it matters.

24 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Holt certainly was a leader and he was aggressive and it suited the Norwich way.

Buendia was quite happy to mix it.

In fact all the teams we have played have been quite happy o be cynical when it matters.

Holty comes under the 'many years' label. Emi was always roundly castigated for showing aggression and we seldom won without him.

What I can’t understand is our sheer lack of a high press. Always under Farke in the previous season have we pressed the opposing team in their own half with the aim of winning the ball back quickly after losing it. Yet this season we have the lowest number of turnover of possession in the opponents half by some considerable distance. We also have the highest total of passes against before defensive action of over 20. Essentially meaning the opponents get 20 free passes of the ball before one of our players tried to tackle them which is totally totally unacceptable. To put that into context Manchester City have the lowest at 9.

it seems Farke is unable to get the correct work ethic out of this group to make an attempt to win the ball. If it’s because Farke has told them not to press then that’s even worse in my book and should be the end of the road for him 

Would love someone like BJ or Holt in this team right now, they lack a leader in the middle of the pitch that is for sure

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

What I can’t understand is our sheer lack of a high press. Always under Farke in the previous season have we pressed the opposing team in their own half with the aim of winning the ball back quickly after losing it. Yet this season we have the lowest number of turnover of possession in the opponents half by some considerable distance. We also have the highest total of passes against before defensive action of over 20. Essentially meaning the opponents get 20 free passes of the ball before one of our players tried to tackle them which is totally totally unacceptable. To put that into context Manchester City have the lowest at 9.

it seems Farke is unable to get the correct work ethic out of this group to make an attempt to win the ball. If it’s because Farke has told them not to press then that’s even worse in my book and should be the end of the road for him 

Where are those stats from please?