Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Where are the new fan leaders

Previous fan leaders of the past have galvanised the fans to force the club into change. The legendary St Andrew halls meetings are one example

what we are lacking is that fan or group of fans that want the best for the club and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.

my generation probably don’t have the energy anymore to organise such activity but where are the youngsters coming through pushing for change and a better future ? 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Previous fan leaders of the past have galvanised the fans to force the club into change. The legendary St Andrew halls meetings are one example

what we are lacking is that fan or group of fans that want the best for the club and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.

my generation probably don’t have the energy anymore to organise such activity but where are the youngsters coming through pushing for change and a better future ? 

A lot of the youngsters love it just how it is. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The youngsters are a different breed - all on their electronic devices.

1 minute ago, Big Vince said:

What are the queues like at Merseyside bookies this morning? 

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They are absolutely horrendous. It started off just being Everton fans joining the queues - now the red half of Merseyside is joining in after last night. It has just become a feeding frenzy. The fear has to be that it will spread to the rest of the country and then we will know that Norwich City are well and truly a national laughing stock. There are going to be a lot of bookies gone bust by Monday morning.

Edited by Big Vince
Add more content

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Yes I guess the heroes of yesteryear must be well into their 70s by now. 

Probably need people in their 40s/50s? I don't think any of the flakey fickle would be of any use. They'd be ok to start off but then we'd win a couple and they'd want to give Farke and Webber 10 year contracts and put up a statue of Delia.

So we need strong minded people who won't be swayed by any good results and to be fair there's not many. On this board I think the boy Vince or Bootsie would be a good shout. Maybe they could team up?

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes I guess the heroes of yesteryear must be well into their 70s by now. 

Probably need people in their 40s/50s? I don't think any of the flakey fickle would be of any use. They'd be ok to start off but then we'd win a couple and they'd want to give Farke and Webber 10 year contracts and put up a statue of Delia.

So we need strong minded people who won't be swayed by any good results and to be fair there's not many. On this board I think the boy Vince or Bootsie would be a good shout. Maybe they could team up?

Yeah Vince and Keith are good shouts. Well, sort of. The problem is whenever we win we'd have to undertake a search party to find them, not sure the resources will be there financially to do that?

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah Vince and Keith are good shouts. Well, sort of. The problem is whenever we win we'd have to undertake a search party to find them, not sure the resources will be there financially to do that?

I think the smart money is on Vince and Keith being one and the same person. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Oh come on my old fruit don't do yourself down.

If you put half as much energy into 'forcing change' at the club as you did into spouting carp on this message board and logging in using multiple accounts I reckon you could have us as Premier League Champions in a couple of seasons and be able to solve the Israel/Palestine problem and World hunger in your spare time. 

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

What changes took place after the "legendary St Andrew halls meetings"?

The hall got some new, wipe down, seat covers. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Putting pressure on the club via social media. After Farke's comments regarding selection the other day it's clear that this is an effective medium. Far better than some ignorable meeting with 20 blokes stinking of scampi fries or something similar that would only make the parish magazine, and a thread on this forum. 

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

What changes took place after the "legendary St Andrew halls meetings"?

Here is what  I have learned from this message board over the years .

The meeting was / wasn’t called by known / unknown folk who did / didn’t want the current incumbents gone.

The evening/morning/lunchtime meeting was a tense affair . Some revellers were in drink and became rowdy . As speaker after speaker addressed the throng (or it may have been wore a thong - this bit is hazy) a near riot broke out . 

St Andrew himself then came down and smote all those in attendance , and proclaimed that the whole of Norwich should become a self funding city , which eventually would be bequeathed to one , chosen , golden soul . History records this heroic mythical soul as “Nephew Tom” - who’s qualification as once owning a camera shop was beyond reproach.  

I may be wrong on a few details but I reckon that covers it .  

GPB 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Pinkun reports that DF was annoyed that the game plan was ignored when Tzolis took the penalty and the lad got a rollicking. Surely the management of the game plan during the play is down to the Captain. Perhaps this lack of leadership on the pitch is part of the problem - no-one stepping up?

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Here is what  I have learned from this message board over the years .

The meeting was / wasn’t called by known / unknown folk who did / didn’t want the current incumbents gone.

The evening/morning/lunchtime meeting was a tense affair . Some revellers were in drink and became rowdy . As speaker after speaker addressed the throng (or it may have been wore a thong - this bit is hazy) a near riot broke out . 

St Andrew himself then came down and smote all those in attendance , and proclaimed that the whole of Norwich should become a self funding city , which eventually would be bequeathed to one , chosen , golden soul . History records this heroic mythical soul as “Nephew Tom” - who’s qualification as once owning a camera shop was beyond reproach.  

I may be wrong on a few details but I reckon that covers it .  

GPB 

Basically spot on, although...

Image result for what did you do daddy great war image

‘So, daddy, what did YOU do in the Great Anti-Delia War?’

‘Well now, daughter of mine, I did my bit. I spent 55 minutes of my life trying to convince the Norwich City directors not to re-appoint Bryan Gunn."

"And how did that work out, father of mine?"

"Five days later they re-appointed Bryan Gunn."

"Was that the day you shouted a lot, threw your Canary bobble hat at the dog and mummy had to hide the key to the drinks cabinet?"

"My, what an observant child you are, to be sure."

"And this meeting at St Andrew’s Hall everyone seems to have gone to?"

"Your dear mother said it would be bad for my state of mind and that if instead I accompanied here to a soothing concert of classical music at the cathedral she might make available again the key to the drinks cabinet, plus other personal benefits of a nocturnal nature."

"What did she mean by ‘other personal benefits of a nocturnal nature’, daddy?"

"That is quite enough questions for one day. Up the wooden hill for you and mother will be along to read you a bedtime story."

"Please can I have ‘'The Lying Witch and the Boardroom'?"

"Far too adult. How about 'Geoffrey and the Magic Wallet'?"

"But I don't understand the ending!"

"No-one does, my child. That's why it’s so popular."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Apparently they're all stood around outside the bookies patiently waiting and dressed in their (pukka not bootleg) designer sports gear, smokin' ciggies or chatting on their all singin' all dancin' top o' the range mobile phones, comparing watches and bling and their latest tattoos and how expensive their latest inking was.....Including discussing whether they watch the Red's next away game at home on their Sky box, or go to the local pub and watch it and have a skinful of bevvy......

Queueing for the bookies is probably not dissimilar for when they queue up waiting for the local food bank to open.... 

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Basically spot on, although...

Image result for what did you do daddy great war image

‘So, daddy, what did YOU do in the Great Anti-Delia War?’

‘Well now, daughter of mine, I did my bit. I spent 55 minutes of my life trying to convince the Norwich City directors not to re-appoint Bryan Gunn."

"And how did that work out, father of mine?"

"Five days later they re-appointed Bryan Gunn."

"Was that the day you shouted a lot, threw your Canary bobble hat at the dog and mummy had to hide the key to the drinks cabinet?"

"My, what an observant child you are, to be sure."

"And this meeting at St Andrew’s Hall everyone seems to have gone to?"

"Your dear mother said it would be bad for my state of mind and that if instead I accompanied here to a soothing concert of classical music at the cathedral she might make available again the key to the drinks cabinet, plus other personal benefits of a nocturnal nature."

"What did she mean by ‘other personal benefits of a nocturnal nature’, daddy?"

"That is quite enough questions for one day. Up the wooden hill for you and mother will be along to read you a bedtime story."

"Please can I have ‘'The Lying Witch and the Boardroom'?"

"Far too adult. How about 'Geoffrey and the Magic Wallet'?"

"But I don't understand the ending!"

"No-one does, my child. That's why it’s so popular."

Those last three lines are absolutely brilliant. 🤣

37 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Those last three lines are absolutely brilliant. 🤣

They made it for me too 😂😄😂

It is a retread and some of it is true. I thought a touch of attempted humour might lighten the understandably dark mood here. If I have learned anything following Norwich City it is that a sense of sometimes morbid humour is essential.

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

You posed a question of the Canaries Trust last night and that thread only got a handful of views and no responses so make of that what you will but not even a play the poster and not the post as is usual with your efforts Uncle Fred.

How about though our fans of the season those wonderful Reeve chaps who have soooooooooo much to say usually on social media, do you think they could hold the key to galvanize the fans ?

30 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You posed a question of the Canaries Trust last night and that thread only got a handful of views and no responses so make of that what you will but not even a play the poster and not the post as is usual with your efforts Uncle Fred.

How about though our fans of the season those wonderful Reeve chaps who have soooooooooo much to say usually on social media, do you think they could hold the key to galvanize the fans ?

Regrettably the canaries trust once again has proven to be a chocolate teapot 

6 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Didn't someone post that Smudger was still lurking, ready to organise a march on CR?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Did Uncle Fred post a rhetorical question here or actually send it to someone  in authority in the Trust? I dimly remember seeing the post and I am a Trust member, but only that, and cannot speak for the organisation. It looked more like a tenuous exercise in point-scoring than a serious attempt to gather views or information.

At the very least Tilly and Fred could do the organising they believe needs to be done or they could join the trust and galvanise it from the inside.

Expecting someone else to do it for them is very lazy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

At the very least Tilly and Fred could do the organising they believe needs to be done or they could join the trust and galvanise it from the inside.

Expecting someone else to do it for them is very lazy.

Done my bit back in the Chase days Squit . If you could tell me the point of The Trust in relation to matters concerning NCFC i am all eyes and ears. I have more faith in the OSP to achieve things for Norwich City fans.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Done my bit back in the Chase days Squit . If you could tell me the point of The Trust in relation to matters concerning NCFC i am all eyes and ears. I have more faith in the OSP to achieve things for Norwich City fans.

If you want to know what the trust is for ask them.

It's a bit weird that every time the team is under performing on the pitch you and Fred seem to think it's the job of the trust to rectify it, even weirder is that this year you want the fan of the season to do something. Have you done that in previous years?

It's almost like you want to blame people who are affiliated with the club and you don't like.

Why not ask the NCFSC to do something? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's a bit weird that every time the team is under performing on the pitch you and Fred seem to think it's the job of the trust to rectify it, even weirder is that this year you want the fan of the season to do something. Have you done that in previous years?

It's almost like you want to blame people who are affiliated with the club and you don't like.

I’m surprised he hasn’t included along come Norwich, bound to be their fault too

23 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

NCFSC are not a Fans Group they provide social events for all fans to participate in and their prime objective is to raise money for the CSF. Their motto is you don't join you just join in.

Where have i laid any blame at the door of The Trust by the way, merely asking why have they kept very quiet over what is unravelling before our eyes but then again they got their fingers burnt over their stance on BK8 if what Webber said is to be believed ?

29 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’m surprised he hasn’t included along come Norwich, bound to be their fault too

We are talking about democratically elected fans groups not one man and a dog not answerable to anybody other than themselves but hilarious all the same.