Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

In Defence of Farke

44 minutes ago, king canary said:

Wasn't a huge fan of the latest album but 'Brutalism' and 'Joy as an Act of Resistance' were both fantastic. Particularly 'Never Fight a Man With a Perm.'

Same. Living in Norfolk, Model Village resonates fairly heavily fortunately not on this forum too often.

1 hour ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Of the 9 new players signed, 5 are experienced players at the highest level and the other 4 are younger players with some experience at the highest level. Skipp had played a handful of PL games when he arrived, but he left able to fill a starting role for Spurs. We have gained 9 new players for the loss of Buendia and Skipp. The last time in the PL, Buendia had good stats, but few goals or assists. Normann has already got one assist in his first 60 minutes. It's frustrating to suffer these losses, but the new players will develop from here and results will improve once they do.

To look at it another way, 3 of the signings have all got experience, of being relegated from the (bundesliga)highest level. Sargent doesn't score, Rashica had a drop in form last year and Kabak has 2 relegations at 21 years old. Gibson could not get into a defensive Burnley team. Gunn was dropped by Southampton. Normann could not get into a Brighton side who were managed by the most defensive manager ever and has since played in Russia, level of their league is championship at best. Gilmour is loved by Scotland fans because he can pass more than 10 meters and has looked good playing next to Kante. Even drinkwater looked good next to Kante. Williams is another wan Bissaka, always making last ditch challenges because he is normally out of position to start with. 

This is me playing devil's advocate.

We can all either look for the positive or the negative but I think the truth lies somewhere in between. We had a similar amount of new players as Watford but I think 2 things made the difference. Their new players have experience of the UK and English football and were also a lot more experienced than ours. They kept Sarr and we lost the services of Buendia and Skipp. We have signed potential. This potential may be fulfilled but it might not. We have all become so excited by us signing players  but we have to understand players in the £10 million range are potential. If they had already hit that potential they would be £30 million plus already. Our players will take time and let's just hope by the time any of them get up to speed we are not cut adrift. 

I voted ‘yes’ to getting rid of Farke in the poll. I feel it’s like Project Restart where I blindly believed it would work out and buried my head in the sand. I have the same feeling now as I did then.

Farke is a great head coach but as others have said with the right squad of players. A Premier League top 10 squad of players. 

We need a coach who can get the team scrapping, like we had with Lambert and Culverhouse, and like Sheff Utd did in that first season in Wilder.

All my excitement for the new signings has well and truly ebbed away.