Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Just got home

A few musings. 

1. I sat in the 2nd row of the South Stand so unusually close to the pitch for me and what is very noticeable is our players do not talk to each other, literally ZERO communication. 

2. Gilmour had his best game for us. 

3. Tippy tappy ALL THE TIME has to stop and stop now, Farke has to change his approach or we will not win a single game at this level. 

4. Idah is nowhere near good enough, he hasn't got that natural strikers instinct. 

5 Tzolis looks massively unfit. 

6. Can we please stop bringing every player back to defend corners. 

7. And most poignantly, this now feels like the beginning of the end for Farke, just has an inevitability to me. His post match interview on Talksport was utter jibberish, and made me agree with O'Hara when he said it was utter nonsense. 

I can't believe how bad its got so quick. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

His post match interview on Talksport was utter jibberish, and made me agree with O'Hara when he said it was utter nonsense.

He was probably just purposely dumbing down to Talksport's level, which to be fair is pretty low.

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

To be fair he’s always talked jibberish at times, just doesn’t really get highlighted when the team are doing well

Yeah but I always put that down to his camp German accent but tonight was weird, I actually didn't get what he was banging on about. The ramblings of a man out of ideas. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ken Hairy

26 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

A few musings. 

1. I sat in the 2nd row of the South Stand so unusually close to the pitch for me and what is very noticeable is our players do not talk to each other, literally ZERO communication. 

2. Gilmour had his best game for us. 

3. Tippy tappy ALL THE TIME has to stop and stop now, Farke has to change his approach or we will not win a single game at this level. 

4. Idah is nowhere near good enough, he hasn't got that natural strikers instinct. 

5 Tzolis looks massively unfit. 

6. Can we please stop bringing every player back to defend corners. 

7. And most poignantly, this now feels like the beginning of the end for Farke, just has an inevitability to me. His post match interview on Talksport was utter jibberish, and made me agree with O'Hara when he said it was utter nonsense. 

I can't believe how bad its got so quick. 

Agree with all of that apart from tippy tappy. its ment to draw the play in then a killer pass is ment to release the team to go forward. However we just play back then back. We dont seem to play the release ball.

Edit tzollis was the only player offering to recieve the release pass but wasnt used enough

Edited by mastoola

It does seem as though the team has zero confidence. Farke also looks pretty lost right now and he doesn't look like he knows how to fix it.

In defence of Farke, he can play any formation he wants but it won't work if the players make the basic errors that they have been making. 

This will be a real test for Stuart Webber. He has been really loyal to Farke and he's just handed him a four year contract but this is woeful and there are no signs of it getting any better. How many more defeats until we say enough is enough?

6 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

In defence of Farke, he can play any formation he wants but it won't work if the players make the basic errors that they have been making.

I actually think this is the most damming evidence for Farke right now, you're right I don't think it makes a difference what formation or even who we select, the tactics for this level of football are completely wrong, it's OK out playing Wycombe, Millwall or the like but it's not going to wash in the Premier and if he won't change then he's needs to be changed. 

I'm actually fearful right now of zero wins all season in the league.