Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Team for Everton...

I think this is as good as we currently have...it probably still wont be good enough but its our best chance of conceding the least number of goals together with incorporating a promising looking partnership between Pukki/Sargent.

I dont know where else we go if it doesnt work....

Krul

Aarons Kabak Hanley Gibson Williams

Lees-Melou  Normann Gilmour

Sargent     Pukki

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I think this is as good as we currently have...it probably still wont be good enough but its our best chance of conceding the least number of goals together with incorporating a promising looking partnership between Pukki/Sargent.

I dont know where else we go if it doesnt work....

Krul

Aarons Kabak Hanley Gibson Williams

Lees-Melou  Normann Gilmour

Sargent     Pukki

I honestly don't think it matters me old fruit.

But here's my go:

Krul

no-one     no-one      no-one      no-one

no-one     no-one      no-one      no-one

Aarons   Lees-Melou Hanley Gibson Normann Gilmour Williams Sargent    Kabak      Pukki

I've been a bit lazy and cut and paste your players. Couldn't be bothered to type my own.

I think we can lose 11-6. That's a victory as far as I'm concerned. 

OTBC

• Sad 1

For me 

krul

Arrons    Omobamidele  Kabak  Gibson Gianouliss

Normann    Lees- Melou

Sargent                               Cantwell

Pukki

I think that side could get a draw

Dowel deserves a start - looks like he actually cares. 

mine would be 

Krul 

Omabadile-  Kabak- Gibson 

Aarons - Giannoulis 

Normann 

Lees- Melous - Dowell 

Sargent - Tzolis 

subs: Gunn - Hanley- pukki- Gilmore- rupp- Sorenson etc

The fact that everyone is throwing around completely different systems and personnel just shows that nobody, including Farke I'd imagine, has any idea what our best team is or what is the best formation to get a result. 

For what it's worth:

(3-4-2-1) Krul; Kabak, Hanley, Gibson; Aarons, Normann, McLean, Giannoulis; Sargent, Cantwell; Pukki.

Assuming they're all fit, of course. And even then, it doesn't strike me as a team that could go to Goodison and get something. 

• Like 1

When you take a step back its actually kind of crazy to see how quickly its unravelled... 7 professional games of football ago, Farke was being hailed for masterminding another promotion and we'd signed a bunch of exciting players etc... the defence was finally settled and we were ready to give the prem a proper go...

On that note, we are just 2 games away from getting over this ****ty patch. Get a couple of unlikely but possible wins vs Everton and Burnley and we can put this painful start behind us.

From what we've seen so far, I'd be going back to 4 at the back and going with:

Krul

Aarons, Kabak, Gibson, Giannoulis

Gilmour, Normann

Cantwell, Sargent, Tzolis

Pukki

Hanley needs a game away from the side... sits far too deep for my liking and doesn't seem anywhere near capable of making the step up currently. Ideal to bring on if we are defending a result though. I'd probably keep Omobamidele and Williams away from the fire for these crunch games too... Time for some experienced players to step up.

Rashica has gone very quiet since a bright debut which is concerning so it's hard to know what to do with him.

Dowell perhaps unlucky to miss out on starting, as is PLM but I think we need that spark from Tzolis/Cantwell and the industry of Pukki and Sargent more this time.

It's September for God's sake... are we really already ****ting the bed? Sure if it still hasn't clicked by next month then ring those alarm bells but surely not all hope is lost? We just need that bit of luck to fall our way. Think back a year to that last min hugill penalty vs Rotherham that got us going after a slow start.

• Like 1

For anyone old enough.... 

Gunn (Bryan) 

Culverhouse  Polston Butterworth Bowen

Newman Goss Crook Fox

Ekoku Sutton 

Oh, those were the days. 

Edited by Sideshow Tim
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

For anyone old enough.... 

Gunn (Bryan) 

Culverhouse  Polston Butterworth Bowen

Newman Goss Crook Fox

Ekoku Sutton 

Oh, those were the days. 

Sigh. Indeed they were.

Rob Newman - part man, part brick wall. Rumour has it he could run the 100 metres in under a decade.

OTBC

• Haha 1

I’m going all in on 3-4-3. Follow Tuchel at Chelsea and the changes he made to correct the issues Lampard faced - namely conceding too many goals from wide areas as a result of having full backs pushed up too far but without cover. So:

Krul

Omobamidele - Kabak - Gibson

Aarons - Normann - Sorensen - Giannoulis

Sargent - Pukki - Tzolis

I’d have Cantwell, Gilmour, Rashica and Dowell primed and ready to come off the bench depending on the game situation. And I’d stick with it for a few games. I don’t think we lack the players, but we very understandably have a confidence problem. 

• Like 4

It will depend on formation but I think we need Rupp in there if we are after more defensive solidarity and less fussed about our deeper midfielders helping in attack.

1 minute ago, Hackney Canary said:

I’m going all in on 3-4-3. Follow Tuchel at Chelsea and the changes he made to correct the issues Lampard faced - namely conceding too many goals from wide areas as a result of having full backs pushed up too far but without cover. So:

Krul

Sargent - Pukki - Tzolis

I’d have Cantwell, Gilmour, Rashica and Dowell primed and ready to come off the bench depending on the game situation. And I’d stick with it for a few games. I don’t think we lack the players, but we very understandably have a confidence problem. 

This ^^ Not certain Farke likes Sorenson though, so perhaps McLean in that slot.

6 minutes ago, Hackney Canary said:

Krul

Sargent - Pukki - Tzolis

This team is what I would like to see.

Sorensen didn't get in tonight so there's no chance he's playing Saturday.

I think Cantwell floating around in a free role could really work well behind a fit again Pukki and maybe Rashica offering the pace.

9 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Sorensen didn't get in tonight so there's no chance he's playing Saturday.

I think Cantwell floating around in a free role could really work well behind a fit again Pukki and maybe Rashica offering the pace.

I mean, I think you’re probably right about Sorensen, but I really don’t get it. A ball-playing defensive midfielder, described by our former chief scout as the most Daniel Farke player he’d ever seen? What’s not to love? Play him in the anchor role on the left of a midfield two, allowing Normann to get forward a bit, while also being capable of covering for Dimi when he pushes on. It works like a dream in my head. 

• Like 1

I agree with you. I think Sorensen needs to be more aggressive to be a true ball winner but he's more solid an option than Gilmour and better all around than Rupp. It's a weird case that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Canary dwarf said:

what about manager for Everton , my choice would be Eddie Howe.😁

What about Jose? Would he be tempted with 10m for the year and 10m bonus for staying up

1 minute ago, Baracouda said:

What about Jose? Would he be tempted with 10m for the year and 10m bonus for staying up

so basically 10 million then.

• Haha 1