Sign in to follow this  
rieg77

You can guess what this is about

I''ve just watched an appalling perfromance form the team.   I don''t care that we lost to Ipswich.  There are so many problems to discuss it makes losing to the binners seem totally insignificant.

On the positive side, Rehamn looked solid enough and Johansson looked a decent player.  It was also nice to see Shackell on the pitch.

However.....Rehman aside, the rest of the defence did not show up today - these ''off days'' seem to be the norm.  Safri was obviously off the pace despite creating our goal - a poor performance from an ordinarily class player.  Hughes - don''t get me started - he doesn''t have the pace, touch or imagination for right midfield and shouldn''t have been on the pitch.  McVeigh - on todays performance you can see what Worthy means - he was very very average.  Etuhu was also very very average - for such a big guy he seems to be so scared of balls in the air........which brings me on to the real nuts of the problem.

Ashton....when he was here it kinda made sense to try hitting teams on the break by ''going long'' to him with an aerial.  But Earnsham is a midget who has not chance with this kind of ball, and Johansson is no better.  It shouldn''t be difficult for even our numpty manager to realise that in acquiring Earshaw we would actually have to play to his strengths.  I.E. pass the bloody thing on the ground into spaces for him to run on to.

I don''t only blame the manager, almost all of our players were rubbish today, Earnshaw included.  He was trying too hard - obviously wants to prove a point imo and he needs to just start playing the game.

Summing up......total dross!!

p.s.  Delia, if you can''t be bothered to sack Worthy then perhaps you should at least ask to see his coaching certificates.  If they''re genuine (which I doubt) I strongly suggest you send him on a refresher course this summer.

Have to agree...what is wrong with playing football on the floor???? The two times we did it, we looked half decent. The players don''t seem to know what they should be doing.

Time for a change, Delia.

( Just one point tho, i thought McVeigh did ok today)

We were dominated today from start to finish by a team who had the guts of a good team ripped out of them during the close season. Ipswich''s team was made up largely of youth team players and players I have never heard of. I am not a supporter of Worthy as a manager but we have to start asking why can our decent (certainly on paper) players not do simple things like passing to each other and tackling?!!!

I said this just before our win over Plymouth many months ago - "something is very wrong at Carrow Road because players who looked Premiership class six months ago now are playing like very poor Championship players". Not a lot seems to have changed.

No doubt we''ll hide behind the usual excuses.  Their winner was handball and yes their first was deflected in....but they always looked likely to score and we never looked like it.

Players like Hucks and McVeigh will only really perform if the rest of the team does.  They rely on the distribution of others to have a real impact.  For me, whilst only having half a match, Huckerby outperformed McVeigh and a number of other players by actually having a go when he got the ball. 

Too many hoofs up the field, too many square passes, too many players who can''t perform!!

We keep moaning about changing the manager ,the fans can see he is next

to useless now, why the heck can''t the board see it ,he seems

untouchable as far as being sacked by this board  is concerned but

unfortunatly he will not be sacked so we can keep talking about this

until the cows come home he is here to stay for the foreseeable

future  sad but true .

That''s the thing that really angered me today coming away from the match. What a clueless, one-dimensional, uncultured, ugly bunch of cloggers that man has turned us into.