Jim Smith

Farke publically having a go at Tzolis now.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

After his Dimi rant.

he is losing the plot in my view. 

Don't be so histrionic and ridiculous Jim. It was absolutely clear at the time that Tzolis was taking the penalty off Idah - and as we know 9 times out of 10 a player who takes a penalty he shouldn't be taking misses. Farke knows his players inside out and is little short of a genius at developing young players.

The only person losing the plot is you. You do it regularly when we've lost and I'd have hoped that you'd have learnt by now. 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

So couldn't DF have shouted some message to them? Its hardly a difficult thing to do.

Yeah - because it's so easy to shout a message 60 metres and make it heard in a stadium full of 27,000 people - jesus.

23 minutes ago, mastoola said:

What do people think would of happened if he would of scored the goal?

Farke answered this afterwards - he said he would still have roasted Tzolis. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Farke answered this afterwards - he said he would still have roasted Tzolis. 

but in private u think?

Farke was totally within his rights to give Tzolis both barrels. However you look at it, it’s a **** move to wrestle the ball off the designated penalty taker. Concern has to be the fact that such a breakdown in team discipline happened at all. Seems like Rupp tried to intervene too. I hope Farke is right to say the matter is dealt with, but I’m beginning to worry that something is rotten in the state of Denmark. And I say that as a BIG Farke fan. Body language from manager and players is all over the shop. We need to sharpen up and do it fast. 

Sorry but a manager or coach criticising his players in the media is a bad sign. He’s a sign of a coach losing his grip and the beginning of the end if you ask me. The quotes may have been paraphrase d when initially reported and he said some nicer stuff as well but the headline has already been written. 

7 hours ago, mastoola said:

What do people think would have happened if he had scored the goal?

That reads better now. 👍

Edited by Crafty Canary

9 hours ago, Clint said:

Not for the first or last time tonight, our captain was AWOL. Surely it’s his job to sort these sorts of issues out? And if not, the senior players? 

When the going gets tough, some players just melt away... 😞

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yeah - because it's so easy to shout a message 60 metres and make it heard in a stadium full of 27,000 people - jesus.

So why do many managers stand shouting on the touchline? - jesus.

10 hours ago, Hackney Canary said:

Farke was totally within his rights to give Tzolis both barrels. However you look at it, it’s a **** move to wrestle the ball off the designated penalty taker. Concern has to be the fact that such a breakdown in team discipline happened at all. Seems like Rupp tried to intervene too. I hope Farke is right to say the matter is dealt with, but I’m beginning to worry that something is rotten in the state of Denmark. And I say that as a BIG Farke fan. Body language from manager and players is all over the shop. We need to sharpen up and do it fast. 

Maybe he is, but then by logic fans have the right to boo after numerous inept displays. 

10 hours ago, Hackney Canary said:

If Tzolis knew what Farke was like, he would never have taken the ball off Idah. 

The main issue is integrating all the new players into Farkism.  Up to the end of last season, we had a settled squad that had evolved well over four years and a tremendous spirit - and now we have almost half a squad of new players and it will take time to get full togetherness and fully up to speed with the principles Farke eschews.  We had better hope Farke can get that togetheness going well again and that all the players are totally on board with it.....and we know what happens if a player steps out of line as with Oliveira and Leitner.   

Tzolis was wrong to do what he did and rightly got a rocket - so it's good that he will now be a bit more aware of what is required and will be a bit more disciplined in future. 

Togetherness is the key and it will be interesting to see how things develop.  A good result or two would obviously help.......

Didn’t Wes take a pen at QPR and make a right mess of it ? I think Lambert pretty much said the same think about him doing it again.

12 hours ago, mastoola said:

What do people think would of happened if he would of scored the goal?

Klopp would probably have bought on Robertson and Henderson a lot sooner, but other than that I can't say it would have changed the result much. The lads might have been a bit more confident though I guess. 

I'm actually with Farke on this. If you have a designated penalty taker, they take the penalty. End of.

Farke is trying to teach him a lesson. However, given the clear lack of team spirit, this may backfire for Daniel. 

Either way, I cannot see any way out of the hole we are in. 

Edited by komakino

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Answer the question, jesus

I was at the match last night - you weren't. The idea that Farke could have shouted on a message in the time available from his position about 60 metres away over the din of 26,000 people is farcical and ridiculous. That is all! 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I was at the match last night - you weren't. The idea that Farke could have shouted on a message in the time available from his position about 60 metres away over the din of 26,000 people is farcical and ridiculous. That is all! 

Oooooh. There was plenty of time for him to shout to one of the nearest players so stop being obtuse.

I think it's quite right that Farke gave him a roasting, but i'd say it could be a mistake to go public with it as he's obviously our new star signing and pretty young to boot. Let's hope it doesn't backfire and have a negative affect on the lad.

I'd suggest missing the penalty was only a very small part of why we lost that game.

20 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

On par with booing or not as bad? 

Reasoned criticism, whether public or private, given with the intent of improving something is never a bad thing. 

Booing is simply a form of abuse that, nine times out of ten, only discourage and demotivates; People who think there's any value to it need to have a think how they'd respond if thousands of people were booing them. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
a
  • Like 1

It's just been called out on Look East - Farke livid with Tzolis.

Agree with Farke on this tbh. I wonder if Tzolis would have gone against Pukki had he been on the pitch? A lack of respect to Idah possibly, who will be pretty pissed if he's reading the thread about him on here!

Will be interesting to see if Tzolis starts on Saturday.

Very fast Farke turn from "I will not agree 17 th place at the moment because we are better than this...." one day before Liverpool 1st round and then to criticised fans last week and criticised in front of media 19 y old records signing who have only 1 year competitive football at mighty Greece league yesterday.

I never ever seen him do this things before !

He know that is on very bad situation and is 2 3 games away  from totally loosing  the plot...

Also we fans so easy turn from amazing transfer business few weeks ago  to we have no any PL level player now!?

My opinion is that always Is very hard to be competitive with so many unsettled players added also nightmare pre season not help this at all.

All in all Farke not have any time and I doubt have ability to adapt or change his style who is trade mark  and may be Webber or/and Farke end will come if avalanche of bad results grow next weeks.

Still I can support our management even If we relegated but we badly need to be at least competitive not idiots of the league who broke all negative records!

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Very fast Farke turn from "I will not agree 17 th place at the moment because we are better than this...." one day before Liverpool 1st round and then to criticised fans last week and criticised in front of media 19 y old records signing who have only 1 year competitive football at mighty Greece league yesterday.

I never ever seen him do this things before !

He know that is on very bad situation and is 2 3 games away  from totally loosing  the plot...

Farke has always been open and honest about what he thinks - and his coments on the fans booing were fair - he said they have every right to boo if they want to, just that it was unhelpful to the players and he then explained why.  As for criticising players openly - he's always done that and quite a few players have had to face that.

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Farke has always been open and honest about what he thinks - and his coments on the fans booing were fair - he said they have every right to boo if they want to, just that it was unhelpful to the players and he then explained why.  As for criticising players openly - he's always done that and quite a few players have had to face that.

I hope he realises that the team performances are not helpful either. Relegated but top of the table on moral and social issues.