Jim Smith

Farke publically having a go at Tzolis now.

Hes had the right effect on young players to date.

That includes outing Cantwell and Emi resulting in them having fantastic seasons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Although now they’ve played the full interview it’s not as bad as the radio initially reported. 

Still. It was worth the accusational thread to attack the manager and claim he's 'losing the plot' before you knew they full story, hey?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Although now they’ve played the full interview it’s not as bad as the radio initially reported. 

It rarely is - context is everything and it’s easy to be misled by poor reporting

• Like 1

Perfectly reasonable thing to say, Farke has a good record of working with young people, the desperation to find fault is becoming a bit overpowering, lots of things need sorting but let’s keep things in perspective.

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Still. It was worth the accusational thread to attack the manager and claim he's 'losing the plot' before you knew they full story, hey?

Bit like blaming a few boos on the confidence of professional sports people 

I still don’t like the trend of criticising players in post match interviews emerging this season. I don’t think it’s a good sign. 

Tzolis was one of the few bright sparks tonight and aside of missing his penalty I can't really say I felt he did much wrong. Didn't get the ball enough, but that's not his fault, just all the pointless sideways and backwards passing meant by the the the ball was played forwards they were always crowded out

Edited by AJ

1 minute ago, Creative Midfielder said:

In your view he never had the plot, which I think says everything that needs to be said.

I’ve never said that. I’ve always said I think he’s a good coach albeit the marking thing has always been a weakness. 

14 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Can he have a go at the defensive coach first?  Oh, d'oh!

We have a defensive coach?

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Whoever the designated penalty taker should have been f*cking stronger then?...allowing a 19yr old lad to take the ball of them??

Think it was Rupp 🙄🤪

28 minutes ago, AJ said:

Tzolis was one of the few bright sparks tonight and aside of missing his penalty I can't really say I felt he did much wrong. Didn't get the ball enough, but that's not his fault, just all the pointless sideways and backwards passing meant by the the the ball was played forwards they were always crowded out

He's a young lad so he gets a bit of a pass, but he was involved in a few wasted final balls & crosses in the first half. Particularly the overhit cross which would have got us back on to level terms. He tried hard & didn't shy away but lacked that clinical edge exemplified by the Tsimikas cross for the killer Origi goal. His shot did lead to the penalty of course. I called it to my son when I saw him standing over the ball - "bad idea" I think I said. 

I remember thinking a few times during the match that "he'd look better in a better team" about a few of our players but I don't think Tzolis is the player at the moment we should be looking to to make the difference in a side looking increasingly bereft of confidence.

Idah was the designated penalty taker and should’ve taken it. But I understand why a guy who gets 2 mins of game time here and there would’ve given in to the new multi-million pound Greek wonderkid.

Isn’t the problem here the complete lack of discipline and leadership? Firstly, Tzolis went against the managers wishes but it only appeared to be him vs Idah to take it, with a bit of an interjection from our young inexperienced loan player. It’s hardly Gilmour’s job to sort these things out, is it? 

Not for the first or last time tonight, our captain was AWOL. Surely it’s his job to sort these sorts of issues out? And if not, the senior players? 

Can you imagine Roy Keane letting some young upstart go against the managers wishes? Can you imagine anyone wanting to defy Fergie? 

We have no discipline and no leaders, from  the top down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Bit like blaming a few boos on the confidence of professional sports people 

It is almost universally acknowledged that it does.