Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

I cannot ever recall a professional football team as bad

At marking as we are.

Im sorry but something is fundamentally wrong with how the defence is being coached, we don’t close down crosses and then when they come in we have 5,6 or sometimes 7/8 players in the box, all marking space and leaving the attacking players completely unmarked.

it’s pathetic and amateurish and it’s undermining all that we do.

Farke can’t sort this. It’s been a persistent failing under him and we are losing any kind of continuity or identity trying to sort something that should be a coaching basic. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

At marking as we are.

Im sorry but something is fundamentally wrong with how the defence is being coached, we don’t close down crosses and then when they come in we have 5,6 or sometimes 7/8 players in the box, all marking space and leaving the attacking players completely unmarked.

Farke can’t sort this. It’s been a persistent failing under him and we are losing any kind of continuity or identity trying to sort something that should be a coaching basic. 

Webber should  act and get in a defensive coach.....if that sidelines Farke well so be it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Really?

No professional team EVER? From ANY professional division?

Crikey. Bit excessive. 

At marking players from crosses no. It is unbelievable. 

10 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Been a fan since 1969 got to be among the worst team ever 

You don’t remember the Peter Grant or  Glen Rodent years then? 
It was cr4p tonight but you do need a sense of perspective Old Bean. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

At marking as we are.

The Delia happy clapper who sits in front of me gives me daggers when I shout stop the cross,  anyone with any brains can tell we concede too many goals from crosses.

Just now, overthebordercanary said:

The Delia happy clapper who sits in front of me gives me daggers when I shout stop the cross,  anyone with any brains can tell we concede too many goals from crosses.

I think they are marking zonally from open play as well as set pieces. I just don’t get it. 

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You don’t remember the Peter Grant or  Glen Rodent years then? 
It was cr4p tonight but you do need a sense of perspective Old Bean. 

I seem to remember losing 7-1 to Colchester in League 1. Still obviously this was worse!!!

John Barnes on Sky saying he has never seen zonal marking done the way we do it. The image is just before their first goal, no one is responsible to pick up the Liverpool scorer

CB085C56-4025-4269-949A-5B9147AB89D4.jpeg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

At marking as we are.

This...

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

John Barnes on Sky saying he has never seen zonal marking done the way we do it. The image is just before their first goal, no one is responsible to pick up the Liverpool scorer

Do you seriously think that? Gilmour was marking the goalscorer as the corner was taken. When he moved away he passed him on to Hanley who for some reason decided to attack the ball, despite there being two others doing that, and lost the header. The entire team is in our penalty area against 4 of their players and one of them is unmarked. That's an individuals error, not the fault of zonal marking.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

He obviously hasn't heard of the Keystone Cops school of zonal marking.  It's fairly popular in regional Germany.

13 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

' I cannot ever recall a professional football team as bad'

Have a look 40ish miles down the road

At marking. Read the post. 

3 minutes ago, robert choice said:

And the most out of his depth PL manager.

Adams, deehan, megson

Get a grip people

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

At marking. Read the post. 

15 goals in 7 games. I guess none of them are down to poor marking and all down to Ipswich just being generally ****?

I think the first and most poignant mistake that's happening with the coaching of the defence is that there's no coaching of the defence....... 

The goals against column says it all. Some of those matches could have easily been more as well. We look like conceding at every set piece and every counter attack. This team will go down in PL history but for the wrong reasons. Both Derby’s and Ipswich’s PL records are in danger if he can’t sort it out 

Edited by Virtual reality

7 hours ago, fredherring said:

Bryan Hamilton. 

Glen roeder. 

Peter grant. 

Bryan Gunn. 

Enough for you, you absolute weapon. 

I’m not saying Farke is bad at everything. He’s a better coach that the above overall. But in the specific area of drilling the defence he is failing totally and it’s that failing that is then dragging the rest of our game down because goals change games and we are conceding soft goals at key moments repeatedly 

9 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

At marking players from crosses no. It is unbelievable. 

you have a short memory then maybe old age is catching up

under Alex Neil everytime someone got a free kick in our half it nearly resulted in a goal

this lot as nearly as bad Gilmour was absolutly crap last night its a bad night when Rupp is the better of the three in the middle

as for worst team ever again short memory  when we got relegated from the championship that was the worst norwich team I have ever seen by a mile

Edited by Paul101

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

None of that back 5 should be anywhere near our first team ever again.

considering Aarons has been just as **** all season but for some reasons gets a moan pass

williams not that much better

the turkish lad looked dodgy

who will we play ?