Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shirt

3 at the back- PLEASE STICK WITH IT

Tonight’s performance was very poor in the second half but I saw enough to make me feel that a back 3 helps us all over the pitch.

I really hope we see this shape again on Saturday. Omabamadele and Kabak have to be two of the three and at the moment I don’t care who goes with them.

With the performance of Hanley and Gibson this evening is there any chance of getting Klose or Tettey back as the third? lol  

Seen milk turn quicker than either of them tonight! 

Edited by Sideshow Tim
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

With the performance of Hanley and Gibson this evening is there any chance of getting Klose or Tettey back as the third? lol  

Seen milk turn quicker than either of them tonight! 

Just ignore poor Zimmermann why don't you?

I'm just wondering if Sörensen was caught humping someone's missus / girlfriend / car exhaust / cat or whatever.

• Like 1

I disagree completely on tonight's evidence. I thought we looked even less in control around the middle of the pitch at home against a young & experimental Liverpool midfield. Not forgetting we had Lees-Melou & Rupp in there, two of our elder statesmen with 'top-flight experience' alongside the wonderkid Gilmour. The back 3/5 might look marginally better with Aarons back in for Mumba but it's a flat no from me as our go-to formation.

We've seen this kind of situation more than most I'm afraid - leaky at the back, toothless up front and a litany of what-ifs & hard luck stories. We're only 5 games in but confidence & belief is clearly lacking. The grumbles are only going to get louder if we can't snaffle at least a point somewhere in the very near future. 

We need to clog the midfield for Everton, hopefully stay in the game by not conceding and then you never know what might happen if/when the game opens up in the last 15 minutes. 

Something like:

Krul

Aarons     Hanley     Kabak     Giannoulis

Rupp     Lees-Melou     Normann     McLean

Sargent

Pukki

If we have a sniff with 10/20 minutes left, a bit of width or guile from Rashica/Tzolis/Cantwell(?)/Gilmour might stretch them as they will be expected to get a reasonably comfortable win and will push/press up high.