Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

A circus in the city!!!

I hate to say it but their IS a circus going on in East Anglia at the moment and it isnt happening in the town.

With NO money town have a decent unit that is trundleing along doing OK in the championship - they have had to sell good player after good player...

With Premiership Cash we are going down the crapper!!

That bunch of clowns was totally inept today, even good players may as well have stayed at home.

Ipswich have taken 4 or 5 seasons to finally be in the poo, we have taken half a season.....

Get the HEAD CLOWN out now!!!!!

Sad but true. Ipswich are doing well considering the players they''ve had to sell - Miller, Bent, Davis, Kuqi etc. They have some good youngsters coming through and have made some shrewd signings - Lee, Forster Currie, Juan etc. They said today on the box that Currie was the first player Ipswich had spent money on for three years!! Not bad!

A bit melodramatic Paul but, in essence, I agree with you.

A few months ago i was embarrassed at the posts from City fans who were ridiculing the Binners for their financial mess.  I tried to point out that our £18M debt was hardly anything to be proud of yet Mad Dan would have none of it of course.Truth is that ''YES'' Binners have a massive debt but, as I understand it, have NO obligation to repay any capital to NU unless and until they get back in The Premier. Also, could their ground actually be seized to pay these debts?. Unlikely as they simply lease / rent the ground from their council anyway.    

Leaving aside aside the finer detail of their financial mess v ours, fact is that Joe Royle continues to work miracles since he has been there WITH VIRTUALLY NO MONEY and player after player being sold. He has carried on their tradition of developing and encouraging THEIR OWN YOUNG PLAYERS something that will never happen here with Worthless & Co in charge.

I felt humiliated today, not at losing to them (that is bad enough) but by the way we continue to play under this managment charade. Poor old Ernie, he must wonder whatever he has done to deserve ''Nigel, Doug and Steve''!!

I have to say that I thought it was a typical home derby game for us. Has nobody noticed that we play better away at Portaloo Rd and we freeze at home in the same fixture. Its the same every season we play the scum. There was a casualness to their passing where as we were passing it around like a hot potato. The pressures off when you play away in the derby game. We''ll bounce back no worries.

[quote user="Bring-on-Flecky"]I have to say that I thought it was a typical home derby game for us. Has nobody noticed that we play better away at Portaloo Rd and we freeze at home in the same fixture. Its the same every season we play the scum. There was a casualness to their passing where as we were passing it around like a hot potato. The pressures off when you play away in the derby game. We''ll bounce back no worries.[/quote]

you forget mate, that was 4 home defeats on the spin..... and our last away game wasnt too memorable neither..

[quote user="Bring-on-Flecky"]I have to say that I thought it was a typical home derby game for us. Has nobody noticed that we play better away at Portaloo Rd and we freeze at home in the same fixture. Its the same every season we play the scum. There was a casualness to their passing where as we were passing it around like a hot potato. The pressures off when you play away in the derby game. We''ll bounce back no worries.[/quote]no way - this was a very poor performance - on paper our squad is easily better quality than theirs and we should have won it.   the current ipswich squad is the worst in 10 years and yet they still played us off the park and always looked most likely to win.  if this performance was an isolated bad day at the office, your arguement may have carried more weight, but we not playing well at all period.

"I have to say that I thought it was a typical home derby game for us."

Don''t be silly - please remind me of the last home derby game - three-one, wasn''t it?

Even sillier - ''we''ll bounce back''. Yeah, right. Not with Worthington in charge.