Kenny Foggo

Performance today

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

To waste? 

Hahaaha more than likely give Tom Smith a bonus 

• Haha 1

I actually thought there were a few positives. We moved the ball well at times and created quite a few chances and Gilmour really did grow as the game went on. Similarly, I think Tzolis looks a talent and a threat.  Notwithstanding that, the team is leaking bad goals and is becoming devoid of confidence as a result.

I personally think that Farke needs to choose his best side and stick with it for a few weeks, we just are a mile away from looking like a well drilled unit. 

Been out tonight, just back. I gather things have not got better? I was hoping the "liberation" of a cup game might produce something better. Sounds like exactly the same. Not marvellous.

I thought Rupp was excellent: really broke up play well and got us up the pitch. Giannoulis was so much better than Williams in every regard. Those two have to start on Saturday.

We were pretty toothless up front again. Tzolis had a torrid game where nothing quite came off and Idah looked amateur in a game full of fringe players.

I really hope that's the last we see of Gilmour - he's undoubtedly going to be a fantastic player in about 3 years once he learns how to do the important parts of his job, especially when we don't have the ball. Until then he's a liability.

We need to grind out a result from somewhere. We look so open, narrow and overrun in midfield all the time. 
I’d be tempted to go 4-5-1, overload the midfield and try and grind out a result, especially away from home.

5 minutes ago, Petriix said:

We were pretty toothless up front again

That's just not true! We missed a penalty; Lees-Melou had an easy chance; Idah and Pukki both had good chances. Tzolis had a good shot and missed another chance. We created more good chances tonight than in any other game so far.

We were well beaten in the end, but the negativity on here is breathtaking. We were in this game. Score the pen and go in level and it's all very different. Lees-Melou scores his chance and we lead. Fine, fine margins.

It will turn.

Just now, sgncfc said:

That's just not true! We missed a penalty; Lees-Melou had an easy chance; Idah and Pukki both had good chances. Tzolis had a good shot and missed another chance. We created more good chances tonight than in any other game so far.

We were well beaten in the end, but the negativity on here is breathtaking. We were in this game. Score the pen and go in level and it's all very different. Lees-Melou scores his chance and we lead. Fine, fine margins.

It will turn.

The teeth are the bit that do the biting. We did some decent growling and slobbering but failed with the biting bit at the end. The final ball and the final shot were pretty impotent.

Sure, there were some good signs, but no bite. Toothless. 

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

It will turn.

Is that not the very definition of toothless?

Lots of chances and still no goal.

• Like 1

In theory, setting a team up to defend should be the easiest thing to do, for a coach. Sort the defence out and the midfield and attack sorts itself.

We need to set up for an ugly 0-0, no worries of scoring or winning, just keeping a clean sheet.

The goals were soft again. They weren't having to cut us open,  the first goal set the tone in that regard.

As for positives,  well its double edged. We created a lot, but our finishing was poor. However we moved the ball through midfield much quicker. I like Lees-Melou and I'm still not sure what the hate is for Rupp, as he helps set the pace a bit quicker in the middle of the park. 

Certainly, it wasn't a 3-0 game and I'm sure the XPG and other stats will testify to that. Unfortunately,  that was the score and won't have done much for confidence.

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Anyone want to defend that or give us the positives? 

Gilmours performance was the ONLY positive. 

I still don't understand the point of Rupp 🤷‍♂️