Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Well beaten by Liverpool U18s

Not really under 18s though is it you twonk. 30+m cb, Greek International lb, England International cb, Keita, oxlade chamberlain, minamino, curtis Jones has played a few games for them now too. And origi?

No ifs and buts. We  we were outclassed by Liverpool's third eleven. Once again unable to get any grip on the game and overrun in midfield. I suppose its just lack of quality and style of play but we rarely found any space and continually dispossessed despite Liverpool not being unduly aggressive. Cant understand the criticism of Gilmour. The lad worked his socks of for 90 mins and was our only player who tried to move forward. Obviously needs to play with a hard man ball winner. The three man defence did not work with wide open spaces particularly in our right back position.

As I said a couple of hours ago the main purpose of this game should have been to play the likely Everton starting eleven to give them some opportunity to get some cohesion and confidence. Based on this game, apart from Pukki/Gilmour, I would find it difficult to start Saturday with any of the other players, but I suppose one of the defenders has to start.

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I think we should lodge a complaint, none of their starting line up was under 18!!.............

With a few academy prospects getting their debuts you couldn’t even call that side their reserves.. maybe not under 18’s but worse than their strongest second 11 wouldn’t be unfair

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

My bad, I missed him from their line up. We need to complain, only one of their starting line up was under 18 😂..........

Think maybe Conor Bradley being 18 may qualify for their under 18’s.. their DCM second half also looked incapable of growing any substantial facial hair

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

1 minute ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Think maybe Conor Bradley being 18 may qualify for their under 18’s.. their DCM second half also looked incapable for growing any substantial facial hair

Hey, I'm 29 and I can't grow any substantial facial hair. 🙈

• Haha 1