Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

Krul vs Gunn- discuss

After watching tonight Krul has to and must stay the number 1, much has been said about the terrible passing of Krul but Gunn is no better.

Krul demands more from his players, is far more vocal and a better shot stopper.

I said for a few weeks about Gunn, after tonight, can I please take it back and keep krul!!! We've spent how much on Gunn 🙄

Gunn is a shot stopper. He has never been a dominant keeper or one who reacts well in close range. He played as I expected him too. Krul is the better all round keeper by a distance, but ironically, not a great shot stopper.

If we could play them both we'd have a chance....

Gunns distribution tonight made me realise Kruls isn’t that bad. That’s about all I learned as other than picking the ball out of the net three times, none of which were his fault, I don’t think he did much else.

14 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Gunn is a shot stopper. He has never been a dominant keeper or one who reacts well in close range. He played as I expected him too. Krul is the better all round keeper by a distance, but ironically, not a great shot stopper.

If we could play them both we'd have a chance....

yes,

we could do with a dominate goalie who likes to come out for catches, might make up for our defenders in ability to challenge for headers

Possibly the only positive from tonight is one less thing to moan about is Krull being selected over Gunn.

surely no one wants that now?

Edited by rock bus

Gunn is no better than Steer, Rudd, Lewis.

Webber just needed a 'feel good' signing after flogging Buendia, bought for the son of a legend 'coming home' PR angle.

Plus nobody knew who Emi Martinez was until 27, similar with Nick Pope, so its not too late for him to blossom. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Not convinced by Gunn yet, but it feels like he's a long term project to succeed Krul but Timmy is very much our No1 at the moment

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If his name wasn’t Gunn we’d never have signed him. 

What if his name was Pu55y Galore? Would we have been sniffing around him then?

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No Mr Farke, I expect you to teach the team to f*cking defend."

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap