Well played young man. Always wanted the ball and didn’t shy away from his duties. Kept trying until the end. Not everything worked out but credit to him.

Rupp and Lees Melou is not the answer in midfield if you play Gilmour.

The rest, just awful!!! Not one of them can demand a starting spot on Saturday 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Gilmour played ok. Dimi put himself about a bit but jury’s still out. Rupp made some good interceptions but passing/shooting naff. Tzolis raw. Idah poor. 

Not many positives this evening.

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Gilmour played ok. Dimi put himself about a bit but jury’s still out. Rupp made some good interceptions but passing/shooting naff. Tzolis raw. Idah poor. 

They weren’t really positives either.

I thought he was good for most of the first half but absolutely woeful in the second. I would send him back now. We do not have room for him in our midfield.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I think my positives were Omobamidele and the energy shown by Dowel when he came on, showed a bit of desire. The rest a mixed bag, we did that thing where we were good for 20 minutes again, and its hard to then say who was actually good for the whole match.

Edited by birchfest

7 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Well played young man. Always wanted the ball and didn’t shy away from his duties. Kept trying until the end. Not everything worked out but credit to him.

Rupp and Lees Melou is not the answer in midfield if you play Gilmour.

The rest, just awful!!! Not one of them can demand a starting spot on Saturday 

You did watch sky sports channel 403 didn't you? 

Agree with the OP,  thought he was the best of the bunch especially second half. Ok he gave the ball away a few times but at least it was when trying to move play forward. The players seem so worried about losing possession that it results in side to side creeping back further and further until Gunn has to punt it long (and out of play too often). Thought Gilmore showed a lovely range of passing at times and energy pressing

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

He’s just getting game time at the expense of someone who may actually be with us next season.

• Like 1

I thought he was hopeless and lightweight yet again.

couple of nice bits of skill but actually didn’t have any impact on the game whatsoever.

I’d honestly send him back to Chelsea now and play those that will be with us next year in the championship.

Christ I’d even pick Rupp over Gilmour!

• Like 1

We don't actually need him. Good little player, but not the super kid that evolved  from all the hype, and he won't save us from relegation. What's the point?

I wouldn't shed any tears if he went back at Xmas and we used that loan spot to recruit a PL level tank.

When we all surmised that we needed muscle and pace in midfield to combat sides in the PL none of us envisaged Billy Gilmour.

He'll probably become, in time, a star at the highest level. Not at our expense.

• Like 1

What game did you actually watch? 

Gilmour was absolutely woeful. He had a couple of good moments but he was positionally all over the place when we didn't have the ball, was second to everything and just kept losing the ball at crucial times.

We can't carry someone so unreliable just for the few decent contributions - the midfield needs to be more disciplined than that otherwise we just get carved open. 

• Like 4

He was pretty good which is what you'd expect against a far less physical side.  Probably not what we need in the Premier League right now.

Hope I'm wrong as I'm pretty sure Farke still sees him as one of our main weapons.

I thought the lad gave it all for 90 minutes. Our only player who was consistently looking to move forward. But the premiership is packed with powerful athletic six footers, particularly in midfield, and he needs that sort of support otherwise he will just be overwhelmed. Over the 90 mins he was probably the best of a pretty poor bunch.

• Like 1

I honestly don’t understand either praising particular players or criticising them right now. As a team they’ve been awful, who cares which ones are slightly better or worse, none stand out consistently either way IMO.

• Like 1

I think the main difference in this game was that a lot of the forward play/chances on goal came from his play. I don’t agree that he didn’t have an impact but I agree he’s a bit inconsistent, did do a few things wrong.

I noticed he was getting booed towards the end when he was on the ball, any idea of this was Norwich or Liverpool fans? Couldn’t really see much reason to boo him, he was far from the worst out there.

Edited by Jambomo

I didn’t see anything really from any of our players except maybe Andy that showed promise and that obviously includes Gilmore.

one of the few to come out with much credit tbh. Created all our best moments. Sure he gave the ball away occasionally but our whole side was disjointed so no surprise there. Not saying he was Zidane reincarnated or anything but had plenty of promise.

I think we need to see him next to Normann and PLM vs Everton.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I noticed he was getting booed towards the end when he was on the ball, any idea of this was Norwich or Liverpool fans? Couldn’t really see much reason to boo his, he was far from the worst out there.

I thought people were shouting ’shoooooot’

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellow Shirt said:

I thought people were shouting ’shoooooot’

I did wonder but I first heard it when he was out on the touch line when it would be impossible to shoot and it happened a few times. That’s why I thought it was boos.

I think the OP is right. Gilmour was decent tonight. Always showed for the ball, great in possession; he’s a really good player and we’re lucky to have him. The trouble is we have a serious confidence problem and we lack identity and leadership on the pitch. Not sure we can ask a 19 year old to provide that. We’re on big trouble, but it absolutely isn’t Gilmour’s fault. 

I will eat my hat from my last judgement   i though Gilmour was the best player on the pitch tonight just needs the players around him to do the dirty work.

Edited by mastoola
  • Like 1