TeemuVanBasten

Idah isn't very good

It's only a few weeks ago Farke was saying he wanted to see much more from Idah. At the time it seemed a little heavy handed as at that point he had precious little opportunity. Since then he has regressed imo.

He needs loaning out but that leaves us with just Pukki and Sargent, not enough cover I'm afraid. A vicious circle but at the moment NCFC/Farke and Idah doesn't feel a good fit.

Having seen him play since he was 11 or 12 , he is unrecognisable  as the same nimble , sharp, alert , dangerous match winner he was through  to age  16. He has bulked up immensely,  I always thought he'd  end up physically  similar  to Efan  Ekuku, he's heading more towards  John fashanus physique,  but doesn't seem to  realise what physical  attributes  he has, either that or his bulk has stifled his athleticism.... and his touch   along with his confidence. 

I’ve seen nothing from Idah to lead me to believe he has the ability to become a Premier league play. However that said, the lad shouldn’t even be anywhere near the squad at the moment, he should be out on loan playing every week and learning through playing competitive match. He should also not be near this disaster of a squad as the negativity it breads is of no use to him at his stage of his career.

26 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

As we all do from all our players. But singling him out is unfair and does no good. 

It's not really singling him out though is it, it's just discussing him - as we do a lot of players, young or old.

20 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

He's a bit better than Dean Coney but not as good as the mighty Darren Beckford.

OTBC

Didn’t Beckford score 4 against Everton? We could do with a bit of that on Saturday! 

5 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Didn’t Beckford score 4 against Everton? We could do with a bit of that on Saturday! 

No, that was Efan Ekoku-Beckford only scored 3!

I have been one of those calling almost begging Farke to give the boy a decent opportunity and was delighted when I heard he would start. I remembered him coming on Liverpool earlier (predictably far too late of course) and he 'rinsed' (as one poster called it) Van Dijk in a sprint and physical challenge so that was what I was expecting last night. 

However, in that aspect and his general all round play, he was very disappointing. I'm not so concerned about the first half miss as this happens to all strikers and when P  

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

It's not really singling him out though is it, it's just discussing him - as we do a lot of players, young or old.

Yes it is, isn't it. 

We know what he can do, he hasn't suddenly got worse.To get the best out of him we need to get behind him. 

and when Pukki slashed that chance horribly wide in the second half v Watford no-one said a bloody thing did they!

For some inexplicable reason, Idah did not use his physique to 'rough up' the Scouse defence. High balls played up to him saw him pretty much rooted to the deck whilst a ball played down the left channel late first half should have seen him lean into his opponent with real aggression to try and get to the pass. He didn't.  No idea why as he was given his real chance and even more was given the full 90 but why he looked so 'not up for it' I really don't know. 

That said, the abuse he's taken in this thread is truly appalling with some of the worse personal criticism I've read for a long, long time. Just hope he can pick himself up and when the next chance comes he can really show what he can do and stuff many of you lot up with some goals. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

No, that was Efan Ekoku-Beckford only scored 3!

I was lucky enough to see both Beckford's hat trick and Efan's away-day 4 goal blast. I remember some Sunderland fans turning up to support us at Goodison as their game at Tranmere had been canceled. Great atmos!

OTBC

On 21/09/2021 at 21:36, TeemuVanBasten said:

There, I've said it.

I saw more in Carlton Morris at his age, definitely more between the ears.

He isn't going to cut the mustard.

The Emperor’s got no clothes!

I still think he’s a talented lad with an awful lot of potential and is worth backing. However I admit he’s not pushed on as much as I thought he would .  He’s in that twilight zone where he’s reckoned to be too good to go out on loan but not good enough to get many first team minutes and build his confidence. Big opportunity for his career , but with big pressure for him , starting last night . Nobody’s getting cut much slack at the moment. Understandable , that’s how it goes . He should’ve been as selfish as f*ck and insisted on taking that penalty. Reckon he’d have buried it.What a chance for him . Maybe affected him after that . 
No way have I given up on him yet .