TeemuVanBasten

Idah isn't very good

He’d have scored that penalty though, which he should’ve taken. Perhaps, like everyone else, he’s completely lacking in confidence.

• Thanks 1

First game he's started for us this season and everyone else was so good, weren't they? 

Has played well at international level this season. 

The latest scapegoat. 

1 minute ago, curious yellow said:

First game he's started for us this season and everyone else was so good, weren't they? 

Has played well at international level this season. 

The latest scapegoat. 

How many goals so far for Ireland? 

4 minutes ago, Hackney Canary said:

Thought he was poor tonight and sadly haven’t seen much from him in his little cameos either. Seems a shame. I’m sure I saw/heard an interview with Gibson last season who said he had all the attributes to go to the very top. I’m afraid to say I’m not getting it. Can’t see how you use him with any confidence from here. 

He seems to have the exact wrong mentality to go with his attributes though.

If he was about bringing in team mates, holding up ball, playing with his back to the goal I'd perhaps wonder whether he could be a Kevin Davies like focal point, or a poor mans Heskey.

But he's just so selfish and takes pot shots, and never pays any attention to who is around him, should be cleaning Pukki's boots for a month after failing to square the ball late on.

I get it about his physical attributes, but he can't finish so he's no Bobby Zamora! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How many goals so far for Ireland? 

I think he hasn’t scored for them yet right, a lot of work but we need someone capable of taking the goal responsibility off Pukki and it appears Idah isn’t at that point yet.

He needs the chance to go to a Swansea or a QPR and have a season of consistent football. 

Just now, birchfest said:

I think he hasn’t scored for them yet right, a lot of work but we need someone capable of taking the goal responsibility off Pukki and it appears Idah isn’t at that point yet.

He needs the chance to go to a Swansea or a QPR and have a season of consistent football. 

Just checked   Nandos in swansea are hiring 

Just now, birchfest said:

I doubt he’d get much game time at QPR, Swansea maybe. He’s gone backwards since that treble at Deepdale which seems an age ago now. 

He is 20. It was Liverpool. Wasn't his fault we conceded 3. Let's not give up on him just yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Upo said:

He is 20. It was Liverpool. Wasn't his fault we conceded 3. Let's not give up on him just yet.

But his POOR play ment we didnt score goals up the other end which is his job

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Would love to see Stuart Webber's reaction to this thread. Reckon he'd have a few posters here banned from CR.

I bet he wouldn't 

3 minutes ago, Upo said:

Whilst he wasn't great and as I said above,  he doesn't seem to have that natural instinct you can sometimes see straight away in strikers, you are of course correct.

He was up against Konate and Gomez which is a big ask for any striker, let alone a 20 year old with few minutes 

We are basically tackling this season with 3 strikers. Pukki can score if given the service but will he? Sargent looks OK but not a clue if he'll work at this level. Idah obvious potential but a long way to go. Worried much?

17 minutes ago, Clint said:

He’d have scored that penalty though, which he should’ve taken. Perhaps, like everyone else, he’s completely lacking in confidence.

Tend to agree with this - the whole team looked tentative. Sometimes when you want something really badly, the collective unconscious affects everyone in the team and this would account for his performance and also probably account for Tzolis missing the penalty too.

Totally agree, he's got no natural finishing ability, no pace and no strength for a biggish lad. Always has a look of fear on him. He's not going to make it as a top 2 tier footballer that's for sure I'm afraid, he's miles off it. 

His fault we missed the penalty then? 

Yes if he was the designated taker . Yes not for squaring to Pukki  yes for loosing the ball every time he needed a decent first touch  yes for every time he ran against a defender and couldn't shield the ball. apart from that he was poor but hey......

13 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Yes if he was the designated taker . Yes not for squaring to Pukki  yes for loosing the ball every time he needed a decent first touch  yes for every time he ran against a defender and couldn't shield the ball. apart from that he was poor but hey......

Good job he didn't take it then, if he's that bad. And the PLM miss? 

Good job he didn't take it then, if he's that bad. And the PLM miss? 

PLM is not the main striker

19 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm fairly certain had Idah taken the penalty he'd have missed it as well anyway.... 

You're wrong. He's taken 2 penalties for us so far and he's banged them both home confidently. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You're wrong. He's taken 2 penalties for us so far and he's banged them both home confidently. 

He couldn't hit a cows **** with a banjo. 

7 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

So if he misses its Idah's fault, just like Tzolis with the penalty. 

PLM?

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He couldn't hit a cows **** with a banjo. 

Well it would appear that he can hit the postage stamp top corner at vicious pace in a mega high pressure penalty shoot out in an away game in front of 60,000 fans. But please - whatever you do - don't look at actual evidence when making your judgement. That would never do when the Pink'Un mob is sticking the boot in to one of our young players.

2:06 to 2:36 here.

• Like 4