TeemuVanBasten

Idah isn't very good

He has all the physical attributes. He also has a decent touch.

He hasn't really shown signs of a football brain as of yet.

• Like 1

I don't know what his personality is like but he really needs some tough love right now if he is going to push on. Just doesn't look like he applies himself enough or has the composure at the vital moment to cut it at the top level.

Looks a bit like Harry Kane did when he was with us and look how that turned out...

I don't think it would take as much as people think but it certainly hasn't clicked yet.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Box striker, nothing more.

But he’s not? Great chances tonight spurned.

He isn’t the answer and I shan’t be calling for his substitution from the bench any longer. 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I said it elsewhere, hard to learn that in PL cameos, there’s a player there IMO but not a finished one and never will be unless he gets a run of games rather than being third choice.

Just now, Yellowhammer said:

When did he last score a goal 

Opening day last year I think. In the league. 

27 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Yeah THIS, he has to go and play a full season somewhere, its not going to work any other way.

Make or break.... send him on loan to a League One club for a season.

Tell him he can come back if he finishes the season with 15 goals.

If he doesn't, then he's found his level. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

No, he bookened the season. Got one against Barnsley.

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

But he’s not? Great chances tonight spurned.

He isn’t the answer and I shan’t be calling for his substitution from the bench any longer. 

To be honest I'm only remembering 1 good chance and that was where he should probably have passed.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Make or break.... send him on loan to a League One club for a season.

Tell him he can come back if he finishes the season with 15 goals.

If he doesn't, then he's found his level. 

It should have happened last year, not sure if injuries or Hugill not stamping his authority as back up were to blame. He hasn't had a full season at pro level yet and I can understand how he will ever get better playing a cup game here and 5 minutes there.

I’ve been wanting him to be given a start but he was awful tonight, really didn’t look like a premier league striker

7 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

When did he last score a goal 

6 minutes ago, WD40 said:

No, he scored in the league in May against Barnsley.

And in February against Wycombe.

Ironically probably the first two clubs we should phone when trying to offer him out for his make or break loan.

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Decent touch! You said that about another forward 2 seasons ago. 

Decent touch! He’s second touch always needs to be a tackle because he’s lost it on the first!

pretty sure even on the team mate talk video that was posted earlier that McLean even said this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've always wanted him to succeed as he looked bright and hopeful when he broke into the team a few seasons ago but tonight just highlighted everything that doesn't work with the lad. He has all the attributes to be successful but for some reason isn't. Pukki was on the pitch for 5 minutes and he'd already won 3 headers, more than Idah had in the previous 80 odd minutes despite his height and physical advantage. Two very decent chances only to end in tame scuffed shots straight at the keeper. There's a good player in there somewhere, but I'm not convinced it'll ever be at Premier League level

32 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

What a truly dreadful player. 

Drewe Broughton-esque

My money would be on Idah having a similar career.

League Two journeyman, retired without managing 100 goals. 

9 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Decent touch! He’s second touch always needs to be a tackle because he’s lost it on the first!

pretty sure even on the team mate talk video that was posted earlier that McLean even said this.

Yep, his first touch is the worst part of his game, even worse than his finishing. He's dreadful.

He can control nicely with his chest, but brings the ball down with his feet like a baby elephant.

Needs a make or break loan to League One. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

He is absolute dogsh*t and to be honest I've been struggling with people desperate to get him in the team for the last few seasons - on what grounds? Terrible, shocking performance tonight.

I posted on here maybe two weeks ago that he will never be a top forward in a top league and got shot down 😕

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

I posted on here maybe two weeks ago that he will never be a top forward in a top league and got shot down 😕

Doesn't seem to be much argument now.

Needs to be out on loan in League One, see if he has what it takes to make a living in this sport.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Doesn't seem to be much argument now.

Needs to be out on loan in League One, see if he has what it takes to make a living in this sport.

I also said that Gilmour wont make it either but from my seat today he was very good. Just needs the players around him to do the dirty work.

Thought he was poor tonight and sadly haven’t seen much from him in his little cameos either. Seems a shame. I’m sure I saw/heard an interview with Gibson last season who said he had all the attributes to go to the very top. I’m afraid to say I’m not getting it. Can’t see how you use him with any confidence from here.