TeemuVanBasten

Idah isn't very good

Unfortunately you are right. As someone said on match thread he does a lot of running around like a lost little boy.was hoping he would do something tonight. Maybe he should've taken the penalty?

Have to say I was just thinking the same thing. I'm not sure what they see in him at this level or even last season in the Championship. I mean no disrespect to the lad; he tries hard and presumably he does things in training we don't see. But when he has been on the pitch he has always looked quite poor.

Tzolis obviously didn't have a great game, but he was streets ahead of Idah.

A lot of running, but so far not seeing anything that would suggest he's going to solve our lack of goals. I want anyone who pulls on the yellow and green to succeed, but 2 tame shots and the second an awful decision to not square it to pukki for a tap in. Should also have backed himself as the penalty taker. 

I dont agere.

He needs a season in the championship. Hope he can find a Lone move in january

He's massively stagnated for sure... this year should have been a year out on loan to make or break him. Just not up to it at prem level in the slightest. Looks like a scared little boy, hence why a year out on loan getting experience would have done him good.

• Like 1

Idah not know what he offers. Club rate him highly and the other players seem to as well, can only assume he plays like Maradona in training because in games he doesn’t look anywhere near the standard required

1 minute ago, Olano said:

I dont agere.

He needs a season in the championship. Hope he can find a Lone move in january

Yeah THIS, he has to go and play a full season somewhere, its not going to work any other way.

• Like 2

You mean, Idah wasn’t very good tonight*

Injuries stopped him from playing more last season, which was a shame, but seen plenty of flashes from him to think there is something there. He just hasn’t had a solid run to prove himself properly, has been playing very well internationally though. 

Honestly if you want to pick out individual players based on these opening games of the season then you end up writing everyone off.

Idah was wasteful tonight, but so was Tzolis. All of the back line were ropey, the midfield offered next to nothing bar from Gilmour.

No need to single anyone out, we simply have to get better as a group. 

• Like 1

I’m still not convinced with him yet and like others said over the summer, I thought he could benefit from a Championship loan this season. Felt he would have converted the penalty though 

1 minute ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Idah not know what he offers. Club rate him highly and the other players seem to as well, can only assume he plays like Maradona in training because in games he doesn’t look anywhere near the standard required

Maradona in training, Madonna on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Injuries stopped him from playing more last season, which was a shame, but seen plenty of flashes from him to think there is something there. He just hasn’t had a solid run to prove himself properly, has been playing very well internationally though. 

Honestly if you want to pick out individual players based on these opening games of the season then you end up writing everyone off.

Idah was wasteful tonight, but so was Tzolis. All of the back line were ropey, the midfield offered next to nothing bar from Gilmour.

To me, rupp was better than Gilmour tonight. Bring on some sh1t comments.

i was Excited about Idah getting a chance at the start of the season

but after tonight might ask Adrian Coote if he can bring his boots for our  next match 

Not progressed.  Selfish, but can’t finish, not a good combination.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

10 caps, zero goals. The one game I saw him against England he was poor in that as well.

• Like 1

He has started about five or six games in his club career and he's unlikely to add to that this season.

The problem is that he has never had a proper run of games, as these ten-minute cameos in the league and the odd run out in the cup isn't really doing much for him.

I do feel that if he gets a run of games somewhere then he'll come good, but he's 21 in February so needs one soon.

I’ve always questioned why people have raved about him

Time is over for his ‘potential’ just not good enough I’m afraid

• Like 1

Yeah needs a year on loan in league 1, because he got that hat trick against Preston the club think that he will produce it again, never really happened