Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

NOW I can see why people are peeved!

I don't think the problem is DF - it's the players. Absolutely shocking performance in front of their home crowd and Sky viewing public. They just don't seem to have the testicular fortitude to go against the big boys. 

Even the roar of the crowd at tonights game would make one think they were playing at Anfield.

The squad needs to have a long good hard look at themselves and ask are they giving their best and are they good value for money.

I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt but tonight showed I was mistaken! 

And as for the goal threat - unfortunately we don't have one!

It's poor, very poor.

But the most shocking thing for me is the amount of posters I've barely seen until we started losing. 

Pretty sure most of them haven't been around since project restart.

Funny that.

4 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

It's poor, very poor.

But the most shocking thing for me is the amount of posters I've barely seen until we started losing. 

Funny that.

To many happy Clappers keep the real fans off this discussion board

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

It's poor, very poor.

Funny that.

Do you really think people post because they want us to lose?

Some people's tolerance levels are lower than others.

It’s the defence (or cover for it) that’s the main thing for me - we look so far from being able to keep a clean sheet it is insane….this with a smattering of internationals and seasoned players - it’s bizarre.  Something needs to get them playing properly.  Perhaps Kabak and Normann, when up to speed, will be the key.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s the defence (or cover for it) that’s the main thing for me - we look so far from being able to keep a clean sheet it is insane….this with internationals, seasoned players - it’s bizarre.  Something needs to get them playing properly.

Meanwhile Ajer is looking like the signing of the Premier leauge season for Brentford..

Team let us all down - and the board- so Flying Dutchman beats up other posters! 

According to him I am an Ipswich fan because I questioned the window all summer - crying out for physicality and grit and lamenting numerous kids signed for future resale value. I warned this would happpen- but apparently that makes me bad rather than the manner the club has handled the window and start of this season 

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Team let us all down - and the board- so Flying Dutchman beats up other posters! 

According to him I am an Ipswich fan because I questioned the window all summer - crying out for physicality and grit and lamenting numerous kids signed for future resale value. I warned this would happpen- but apparently that makes me bad rather than the manner the club has handled the window and start of this season 

Any builders on here, Webber the QS, Farke the Site Manager. The cheaper alternative is always picked by the QS, the manager wants qualified tradesmen, poor quality of workmanship means the company has so many snags to rectify it loses money on project. 

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Do you really think people post because they want us to lose?

Some people's tolerance levels are lower than others.

No.

I think some only show up when we do.

I can't help, having read that Peter crouch article, feeling like our players are indeed accepting defeat too easy. I remember my Sunday league side being more determined to get back into the game than this bunch

On 21/09/2021 at 23:13, AJ said:

I can't help, having read that Peter crouch article, feeling like our players are indeed accepting defeat too easy. I remember my Sunday league side being more determined to get back into the game than this bunch

Not only the Peter Crouch article but also echoed by Iwan Roberts - if the players don't carry out their responsibilities, then how can you blame the manager. Having said that, the manager will have to do some serious player rotation so that those players get the message.

What is interesting is that all those players who might have been "using" Norwich to attract interest from "bigger" clubs have effectively shot their bolt!

There are many failings going on at the club which have contributed to our present predicament. In such times you look at your strikers for hope. Who's going to fire us out of this ? Go on a little bit of a run? i.e. Dean Ashton and Leon McKenzie in 2004 i...ok ultimately we got relegated but the hope was there and it went to the last game. Today we have pukki,Sargent and Idah and for me that's where the hope runs out. They're just not good enough.