Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Webber Out

Recommended Posts

How is Farke supposed to lose his best player, his only top 6 quality player, our talisman, somebody critical to everything that we did on the pitch over the past three years, and then get us winning in the top tier with either a 19 year old or a recently relegated Kosovan as his replacement. 

How is he supposed to integrate a defensive midfielder brought in at the end of the transfer window, essential first XI players need to be through the door by early July for the full pre-season. Defensive midfield was our absolute number 1 priority position, it had to have been, and Webber has just done the whole of the pre-season without one.

Same with the centre back, failure to land Ajer out of stubborness has seen us panic and loan a youngster again, with no time to integrate. Terrible transfer window, some players brought in far too late, giving Farke no time whatsoever to get them ticking as a team.

This constant desire to impress the outside world by being 'left field' and pretentious all the time, why do we buy from Germany and France instead of from the Championhip? 46 games in the Championship last season and we found nobody to bring up with us? Signing from the lower league in this country is the Norwich way; we've always bought from the Championship when in the Prem, and from League One when in the Championship. 

Stringer, Walker, Worthington, Lambert. This is the Norwich way. Our business from Germany has, on the whole, been atrocious. 

Why are we blaming the head coach for failure to recruit well? Farke does not sign the players

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ, they're all out now aren't they...

We sold Maddison (our best player at the time) and signed Emi (a complete unknown at the time).

The very thing you are blaming is the very thing that supports your apparent argument.

Your post lost all credibility after that for me.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Christ, they're all out now aren't they...

We sold Maddison (our best player at the time) and signed Emi (a complete unknown at the time).

The very thing you are blaming is the very thing that supports your apparent argument.

Your post lost all credibility after that for me.

A mid-table Championship side selling their best player is completely different from a newly promoted side selling their best player and immediately waving goodbye to any chance they have of carrying momentum and a winning mentality into the top tier. 

Now, let me set you a challenge. You give me one example of a similar thing happening in the top tier of English football at any time since the formation of the Premier League and I'll decide whether you've even got any credibility to lose. 

Because I've actually looked into this and could only find one example, it was when Derby County sold Seth Johnson to Leeds. Then they got relegated. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was flamed for questioning the window all summer - I said we needed grit and physicality and instead they signed more lightweight kids looking to future resale value. It has left us totally uncompetitive- fans deserve better.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buendia didn't want to play for Norwich anymore. Which rather ruins the whole "he would have kept us up this season" argument.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jesus here we go again.

 

BUENDIA WANTED OUT. Doesn't matter about a contract its not worth the paper its written on in football, and look how pants Kane has been since Spurs tried to strong arm a want away player.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is supposed to integrate those players with time, clearly, and without making any knee jerk reactions when it’s still very much early doors.

As I’ve said elsewhere, hopefully with Normann and Kabak finally in the team and starting, we should be over the worst of our teething issues.

I don’t think we’re close to a point where anyone needs to be sacked. 

You really do lose the plot a bit after a bad performance / result don’t you? About 4 or 5 threads started in the space of an hour on Saturday and already clocked up a couple after the defeat tonight…

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Buendia didn't want to play for Norwich anymore. Which rather ruins the whole "he would have kept us up this season" argument.

Pogba decides that he doesn't want to play for Man Utd every 6 months, but has 7 assists in 5 games this season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, birchfest said:

jesus here we go again.

BUENDIA WANTED OUT. Doesn't matter about a contract its not worth the paper its written on in football, and look how pants Kane has been since Spurs tried to strong arm a want away player.

Cantwell and Aarons will be wanting to leave too, doesn't mean we have to accept an offer and doesn't mean that they'd go on strike.

Aarons will be desperate to leave in January the way things are going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pogba decides that he doesn't want to play for Man Utd every 6 months, but has 7 assists in 5 games this season. 

Bit less of a problem when your Man United and you could throw huge money at him or sign Ronald to make him perk up don't you think. comical comparison.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Buendia didn't want to play for Norwich anymore. Which rather ruins the whole "he would have kept us up this season" argument.

 

Kane didn’t want to play for Spurs but he is…admittedly badly 😂 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I don’t think we’re close to a point where anyone needs to be sacked. 

You really do lose the plot a bit after a bad performance / result don’t you? 

I voted "No" to the "should Farke be sacked" poll.

I think he's been sent into a gun fight with the wrong bullets, either that or he's been sent to the front line and his bullets only arrived after a quarter of his battalion had already been shot in the head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pogba decides that he doesn't want to play for Man Utd every 6 months, but has 7 assists in 5 games this season. 

... And he has always been a consistent favourite at old Trafford and has never been accused of going missing when he isn't happy. 

Also, is it possible that Pogba and Buendia are different as individuals, and that Emi may not have had the same reaction to being told he couldn't further his career?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I voted "No" to the "should Farke be sacked" poll.

I think he's been sent into a gun fight with the wrong bullets, either that or he's been sent to the front line and his bullets only arrived after a quarter of his battalion had already been shot in the head. 

Presumably he had some input to at least the type of player he wanted? I’d be absolutely shocked if he didn’t.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How is Farke supposed to lose his best player, his only top 6 quality player, our talisman, somebody critical to everything that we did on the pitch over the past three years, and then get us winning in the top tier with either a 19 year old or a recently relegated Kosovan as his replacement. 

How is he supposed to integrate a defensive midfielder brought in at the end of the transfer window, essential first XI players need to be through the door by early July for the full pre-season. Defensive midfield was our absolute number 1 priority position, it had to have been, and Webber has just done the whole of the pre-season without one.

Same with the centre back, failure to land Ajer out of stubborness has seen us panic and loan a youngster again, with no time to integrate. Terrible transfer window, some players brought in far too late, giving Farke no time whatsoever to get them ticking as a team.

This constant desire to impress the outside world by being 'left field' and pretentious all the time, why do we buy from Germany and France instead of from the Championhip? 46 games in the Championship last season and we found nobody to bring up with us? Signing from the lower league in this country is the Norwich way; we've always bought from the Championship when in the Prem, and from League One when in the Championship. 

Stringer, Walker, Worthington, Lambert. This is the Norwich way. Our business from Germany has, on the whole, been atrocious. 

Why are we blaming the head coach for failure to recruit well? Farke does not sign the players

 

I do agree with some of what you say but Farke does coach them and many of our issues are currently down to experienced players failing at the basics. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.......if it's at the time (for Daniel/Webber/both) to go ...who comes in,..... honestly......who's about? Hughton, hodgson, Lambert..... who

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cantwell and Aarons will be wanting to leave too, doesn't mean we have to accept an offer and doesn't mean that they'd go on strike.

Aarons will be desperate to leave in January the way things are going.

8B18BD4B-BE2A-4D43-991C-26C2B02CA774.png.28048dd556d10b082513835939fc3d28.png

From the recent Telegraph article shared by Bethnal. I’m sure if they’d been a regular flow of messages from Aarons or Cantwell then their position at the club also would’ve become untenable. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RugbyCanary said:

Ok.......if it's at the time (for Daniel/Webber/both) to go ...who comes in,..... honestly......who's about? Hughton, hodgson, Lambert..... who

I don’t want either to go. I also don’t want us to be total sh*t though. Very conflicted right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

A mid-table Championship side selling their best player is completely different from a newly promoted side selling their best player and immediately waving goodbye to any chance they have of carrying momentum and a winning mentality into the top tier. 

Now, let me set you a challenge. You give me one example of a similar thing happening in the top tier of English football at any time since the formation of the Premier League and I'll decide whether you've even got any credibility to lose. 

Because I've actually looked into this and could only find one example, it was when Derby County sold Seth Johnson to Leeds. Then they got relegated. 

So it becomes irrelevant to you that the Championship Norwich got IMMEDIATELY promoted after selling their best player and signing a relative nobody?

Again, this is the basis of your 'talisman' argument here.

Seriously, the selective memory is astounding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cantwell and Aarons will be wanting to leave too, doesn't mean we have to accept an offer and doesn't mean that they'd go on strike.

Aarons will be desperate to leave in January the way things are going.

Why did Buendia want out. Why do other senior players want out. Because NCFC have a salary cap related to being in the championship! Would you yourself stay with a company if you could earn more down the road!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Ok.......if it's at the time (for Daniel/Webber/both) to go ...who comes in,..... honestly......who's about? Hughton, hodgson, Lambert..... who

Frank Lampard, with Jody Morris or John Terry as his assistant.

The Brighton technical director in for Webber, he's a Norwich fan and former Norwich youth player.

Next.

 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Frank Lampard, with Jody Morris or John Terry as his assistant.

The Brighton technical director in for Webber, he's a Norwich fan and former Norwich youth player.

Next.

 

Your losing faith in the model now I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

8B18BD4B-BE2A-4D43-991C-26C2B02CA774.png.28048dd556d10b082513835939fc3d28.png

From the recent Telegraph article shared by Bethnal. I’m sure if they’d been a regular flow of messages from Aarons or Cantwell then their position at the club also would’ve become untenable. 

Sounds like they know what they want to do in order to get their moves in January then, just increase the number of messages they send. Sounds very easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Your losing faith in the model now I think. 

I've never really understood what the model or project was Midlands Yellow, yet alone had much "faith" in it. Perhaps you've misunderstood the tone of my "is there a loss of faith in the Project" thread.

My understanding is that a conveyor belt of talent being sold to bigger clubs means that Tom Smith can own a football club while having no money, and that doesn't excite me at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Frank Lampard, with Jody Morris or John Terry as his assistant.

The Brighton technical director in for Webber, he's a Norwich fan and former Norwich youth player.

Next.

 

FFS is that the best you’ve got!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I've never really understood what the model or project was Midlands Yellow, yet alone had much "faith" in it. Perhaps you've misunderstood the tone of my "is there a loss of faith in the Project" thread.

My understanding is that a conveyor belt of talent being sold to bigger clubs means that Tom Smith can own a football club while having no money, and that doesn't excite me at all.

Apologies if I’m wrong but I thought you’d brought into it a few months ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...