Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Webber Out

On 21/09/2021 at 23:27, TeemuVanBasten said:

Our business from Germany has, on the whole, been atrocious. 

Nonsense. Onel Hernandez, Marco Stiepermann, Tom Trybull, Moritz Leitner, Zimmerman, Mario Vrancic. These players took us up to the Premier league on a very low budget. Lukas Rupp and Ondrej Duda where not up to par but came in during a difficult situation.

As for Rashica and Sargeant until further notice I am withholding judgement

39 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes he would, and guess why he deleted chickens lies.... because they were lies. 

Starting to sound like Billious  now 😇👍😉 

1 minute ago, shruk4 said:

Nonsense. Onel Hernandez, Marco Stiepermann, Tom Trybull, Moritz Leitner, Zimmerman, Mario Vrancic. These players took us up to the Premier league on a very low budget. Lukas Rupp and Ondrej Duda where not up to par but came in during a difficult situation.

As for Rashica and Sargeant until further notice I am withholding judgement

Marcel Franke, Phillip Heise, Ralf Farhmann, Josip Drmic all get a free pass then do they?

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Marcel Franke, Phillip Heise, Ralf Farhmann, Josip Drmic all get a free pass then do they?

Yeah not all cheap Germans succeeded at Norwich. Just skimmed a bit of the thread and I dont know what the hell you are on about. Please dont try to sue me for disagreeing with you. Also keep your opinions on what job people should have to yourself

23 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Where is the old boy tonight, haven't even seen his Fredherring character 😏

22 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Especially when Pete just deleted posts at his request... I don't think Pete was entertained about whether there are lies etc or not. I feel sorry for the chap to be honest, it's a thankless task and I am sure it gets more grief than praise.

If you are lurking, thanks Pete, you do a great job. Especially when having to deal with threads like this.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

Especially when Pete just deleted posts at his request... I don't think Pete was entertained about whether there are lies etc or not. I feel sorry for the chap to be honest, it's a thankless task and I am sure it gets more grief than praise.

If you are lurking, thanks Pete, you do a great job. Especially when having to deal with threads like this.

I also sympathise with Pete for having to delete a load of the nonsense you wrote on this thread.

Now chicken, I'm off to watch the boxing, you?

40 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Proverbs 19:9 –  A false witness shall be punished, and a liar shall be caught. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

OK.  Right.

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

'And now I know that all I've learned my kid assumes,

And that my deepest problems will be his cartoons.'

The Gospel according to  St John de Sebastian.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

I fear that both Webber and Farke are too good for us. Both will go on and succeed beyond.

Not if they completely tarnish their reputations this season. Make of break for Farke. Keep us up and he could well go on to a massive club, back to Dortmund. Get relegated with record low points, or god forbid zero points then it's back to the German 4th tier for him. 

On 23/09/2021 at 11:44, hogesar said:

Now hold on a minute. You can't post what you did at the end of the window and then claim you still hold the previous criticisms you posted beforehand. You yourself said, "my bad for doubting". I'm afraid, that rules out all the previous stuff you posted.

So, no less than 23 days ago you credited the board for one of the best windows we've ever had and Webber for plugging all the gaps.

Skip back to present time, only a mere 23 days later, and you've gone full circle and basically agreeing that Webber should be sacked. 

That is the literal definition of petty, pant-wetting and flippant rubbish.

DCB, you seem to be posting a lot of vitriol again in lots of other threads but you've not taken the time to address the above and explain, and I'm starting to take it personally.. 

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

I fear that both Webber and Farke are too good for us. Both will go on and succeed beyond.

Martin O'Neill is the only manager i can think of who has left here and gone on to bigger and better things. 

What a surprise - instead of dealing with the issue at hand Hogesar is just trying to deflect by attacking playing the man and not the ball. One comment made after Normann and Kabak came in - on a day when many of us were Upbeat. Instead of using it as a stick to beat me with how about giving us your opinions of what is going on and why? 

7 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Comments like this are utterly ludicrous. 

Shows the complete lack of understanding of football that a lot of Norwich fans have. 

I cannot fathom how one's mind would genuinely believe this. 

9 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

That's a very odd comment to make. 

If they were 'too good' for us, they would not be here in the first place.

Webber has always stated he is just 'passing through', but the way things are going, his dream European move will be working in a Spanish Bar. 

Farke has blown it in this country and will be back to Germany hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Farkes style of football would work far more effectively with top level players at top European clubs like Dortmund who have players capable of initiating it. It's no coincidence that many of our goals leaked are from individual mistakes. Zonal marking for example. Our defenders just seem unable to grasp it. We almost need to strip it back to basics with us.

Webber has maximised the opportunities given to him here. He's limited by our low level resource. Both are now suffering from a combination of past achievements, raised expectations and lack of investment to take it to the next level.

Edited by Michael Starr

If Farke can turn it round - and I believe he can - it will further cement his place at the club as a fantastic guy to have at the helm and it will vindicate Webber too.  Webber has done his best - he's got us players that should be able to do well at this level once they settle into it.

Writing either or both of Webber or Farke is premature.  Still everything to play for this season.

Lakey… let’s be honest. We don’t know if any of the players can make it in the PL, because none of them have played here before (Kabak had a brief loan last year as emergency cover). They are all punts that we hope will ‘do’ a Pukki or Buendia. But many of these punts have disappeared over the last couple of years.

Without being rude, the Greek or the bottom of the German league is not the PL… 

We can just cross our fingers and hope that a few will come good because Webber has not bought one player that has any proven ability…!

Edited by yellow_belly

32 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Lakey… let’s be honest. We don’t know if any of the players can make it in the PL, because none of them have played here before (Kabak had a brief loan last year as emergency cover). They are all punts that we hope will ‘do’ a Pukki or Buendia. But many of these punts have disappeared over the last couple of years.

Without being rude, the Greek or the bottom of the German league is not the PL… 

We can just cross our fingers at home that a few will come good because Webber has not bought one player that has any proven ability…!

Some good points here, but then also ones that have to be tempered with some doses of reality too.

The lower Bundesliga sides probably aren't premier league quality, though Werder Bremen are not typically one of those sides, they have a relatively good standing in their top league and were doing well not so long ago.

The flip side to that is also that finding equivalent players in better leagues costs more money. Over the summer people had asked why we were not looking at some of the players in the Championship, or asking if we had been better off not signing Gibson and using the money to get someone better.

The reality is that homegrown players, or even players already in the English leagues, will come at a premium. I remember when we signed Srbenny people were asking why we hadn't gone for a League One striker at the time. Said league one striker was valued at £7m.

This is the beautiful game as it is now. A decent, young, up and coming CB from the championship aged 21-25 will cost you over £10m like Worral. We have frequently seen championship strikers fetch more than £10m just between championship sides. Hell, we only need to look at Ross McCormack to see how much players can go for.

To this date, and to the best of my knowledge, we have never had the most expensive squad assembled in fees in any league we have been in - ever. Not in the 30+ years I have been supporting the club at least. And I would imagine that probably goes for player wages too.

"Proven ability" is a term banded around like there are players that this exists with. Norwich have rarely bought players, ever, with proven ability as such. Newsome was probably the only one I can think of back in the day, others like Bowen, Crook and Culverhouse were signed from reserve sides. Unless you consider some of the older players like Nedergaard, Helveg, Walsh, Cottee, Emblen etc. Even Iwan when we signed him had a decent record but was not fit and was lacking form.

I lie, the last time we signed proven players was probably Huckerby and Crouch I think. But even then, Huckerby wasn't enough to keep us in the Prem.

Our squad needed an overhaul, we'd probably hung on to some players a season too long, but then signing premier league players whilst you are in the championship isn't easy either. We arguably needed more, younger players, or mid 20's players, who could adapt to the step up with some experienced heads around.

4 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What a surprise - instead of dealing with the issue at hand Hogesar is just trying to deflect by attacking playing the man and not the ball. One comment made after Normann and Kabak came in - on a day when many of us were Upbeat. Instead of using it as a stick to beat me with how about giving us your opinions of what is going on and why? 

Ha!

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ha!

Yeah, lay off Bootso ,Hoggo. No one likes their dirty flip flops washed in public....its verging on Bullying.

12 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

I know others are doubting this statement, but I agree.

Webber will be seen as a good director of football who has helped to finance a club on football alone by bringing in players to loan, increase the value of and then selling. Using that money to help the club progress the quality of it's training and academy facilities which results in better quality players seeing us as a more attractive destination, meaning that we can pick better players to bring in etc.

On top of that, he has helped turn a struggling championship side back into a title winning promotion side despite having to sell some of their best players at the time (Pritchard, Maddison, Murphy x2 etc).

They might see that we have struggled in the top division, and I wonder if ruthlessness with Farke may be more of the criticism if results continue to elude us. But I think overall most clubs - especially club owners, would look at Webber as a young, focused and successful business man in his role and like the idea of bringing him in to maximise the potential of their club.

Imagine if he was at say, Everton, and had brought in Buendia to loan out to the championship for example. £1.5m and a season or two later they have a player worth £35m+ playing for them. Rather than loaning the likes of Skipp, Buendia etc, they would be loaning players out.

And Farke has a lot of stock in Germany and elsewhere. He has been linked many times. Offers have been put in for him. One season won't dent that. Neutrals will look at the amount of change and suggest that it was a lot to take on in a season where survival is vital and in arguably the worlds harshest league. With the chasm between top 8 sides to mid table sides, to bottom 8-9 sides and then the championship each being absolutely huge.

As I have said before, how many clubs in the Prem can genuinely afford to regularly buy £40-50m+ players?

Webber and Farke will be seen as loyal, hard working and successful considering the neutrals perspective of our club. As such they'll be seen as having done a terrific job to grow it on a shoestring both on the pitch and off it.

On 21/09/2021 at 21:27, TeemuVanBasten said:

How is Farke supposed to lose his best player, his only top 6 quality player, our talisman, somebody critical to everything that we did on the pitch over the past three years, and then get us winning in the top tier with either a 19 year old or a recently relegated Kosovan as his replacement. 

How is he supposed to integrate a defensive midfielder brought in at the end of the transfer window, essential first XI players need to be through the door by early July for the full pre-season. Defensive midfield was our absolute number 1 priority position, it had to have been, and Webber has just done the whole of the pre-season without one.

Same with the centre back, failure to land Ajer out of stubborness has seen us panic and loan a youngster again, with no time to integrate. Terrible transfer window, some players brought in far too late, giving Farke no time whatsoever to get them ticking as a team.

This constant desire to impress the outside world by being 'left field' and pretentious all the time, why do we buy from Germany and France instead of from the Championhip? 46 games in the Championship last season and we found nobody to bring up with us? Signing from the lower league in this country is the Norwich way; we've always bought from the Championship when in the Prem, and from League One when in the Championship. 

Stringer, Walker, Worthington, Lambert. This is the Norwich way. Our business from Germany has, on the whole, been atrocious. 

Why are we blaming the head coach for failure to recruit well? Farke does not sign the players

I wouldn't say that Farke was sent into a gunfight without a gun this time.

But was probably sent into a gunfight with a 17th century musket. 

Stand by this thread, appalling summer window, Webber out. 

On 21/09/2021 at 21:39, Flying Dutchman said:

Christ, they're all out now aren't they...

We sold Maddison (our best player at the time) and signed Emi (a complete unknown at the time).

The very thing you are blaming is the very thing that supports your apparent argument.

Your post lost all credibility after that for me.

So does my post still lack credibility? 

Or does it feel more real now that a good man has lost his job? He lost his talisman following a promotion, and his replacement looks ok(ish) but has 0 goals and 0 assists. 

On 25/09/2021 at 22:45, Michael Starr said:

Farke - yes

Webber - not so sure. 

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Or does it feel more real now that a good man has lost his job? He lost his talisman following a promotion, and his replacement looks ok(ish) but has 0 goals and 0 assists. 

As far as I'm concerned its really simple - Webber out!!

43 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Jesus TVB, you really need to get out more.

Yeah let's blame him, that works.