Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Farke out

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Lambert was lucky? 3 excellent seasons with naff all backing. He did an excellent job. Farkes had 2 good seasons, 2 dreadful ones and isn’t covering himself in glory in this one (whilst being backed).

What else do you call a man whose subsequent career has been an absolute failure?

4 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Farke has to sharpen pretty quickly. His preferred method of play is not effective against Premier standard teams. Not even close as proven against a Liverpool reserve side on Tuesday night. Constantly passing square or turning and passing backwards is also not even attractive to watch. Sitting quietly on the bench looking bemused and bewildered is also not generating any passion on the field or in the stands. Something has to change. We are out of the League Cup and unless the Premiership form is turned around this season for Norwich will be over before October starts. Some improvement, any improvement, must be seen at Everton (who were beaten last night by a Championship side) or the clamour for someone to take this squad by the scruff of it’s neck and shake it awake and into a Premiership side will be undeniable. As we were so universally poor in all aspects of the game against Liverpool reserves it would be unfair to point accusations at individual players, they were all poor. But the defence and their leader need to get organised and do the basic stuff, like professional players. Otherwise our proud Club will become a laughing stock, a joke, a throwaway punchline ; if it is not already.

We’re already a laughing stock this season, some feel guilty for laughing and feel sorry for us now. 

We should support the club now and keep the lads going ... true , people at the Carra shouldn't be letting their bad feelings be known to the lads on the field...

BUT ... I would get rid of whoever is the manager if he doesn't seem to be able to cut it at PL level and can't get the results needed to stay up. 

Too much emotional binding to DF , he can't get it sorted out!!! A few more games... no points = OUT

40 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

I love posts like this. 

Given me a proper good laugh first thing in the morning. 

Just an example of the laughs we have around here, ya binner 😘

10 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Agree with you there. Are we really happy to risk having another Hughton/Bruce/Pulis? Yes Farke’s awful at PL level and a defensive manager might keep us up for a bit, but he’s great at Championship level

I’d much rather we keep Farke and risk relegation than sack him and risk having another defensive manager

Here we go. Another numpty who doesn't want to be in the EPL.

Farke is not the problem. The simple issue is that we lack the quality of players needed to compete in the PL. That goes to the wealth of the owners. If and until new investment comes into the club we will remain nothing more than an embarrassment to the PL.

Edited by Highland Canary

Maybe a way forward is for Webber to persuade Ian Culverhouse to come and join the first team staff as assistant head coach, it will apply pressure to Farke but allow him to adapt and bring some new approaches to the way we set up. If things don’t improve then allow Farke to walk or be fired and then either promote Culverhouse to head coach or bring in another who can work the magic with him. It seems clear that the Lambert era of success wouldn’t of happened without Culverhouse doing the dirty work on the training field and Lambert worked as the match day motivator. All successful coaching set ups have a good cop bad cop arrangement 

Edited by Helsinki canary

OP Keith can you tap up your brother Barry, then we can get the super rich owner everyone is crying out for and the toilets would be cleaner than ever.

Sadly I'm now in agreement if we have an ambition of staying up, Farke has served us some of the best football at Championship level we've seen, but by far the worst top flight manager we've had. 

If the club are still OK with this top 26 stuff then I guess he'll stay even if we lose all 38, but I'm no longer satisfied with just yoyoing up and down, and let's be  honest in think we all know in which direction the string will eventually break if we carry on like this. 

2 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Farke is not the problem. The simple issue is that we lack the quality of players needed to compete in the PL. That goes to the wealth of the owners. If and until new investment comes into the club we will remain nothing more than an embarrassment to the PL.

This simply isn't true this time around. The way these players are being asked to play is an embarrassment currently, top clubs find us too easy to play against, that's solely on the stubbornness, or lack of tactical ability at the top level of Farke. 

Went with Villa and Liverpool friends last night, they ripped Farke to shreds and said it's clear as day the players aren't comfortable with how they're being asked to play. 

40 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Lambert was lucky? 3 excellent seasons with naff all backing. He did an excellent job. Farkes had 2 good seasons, 2 dreadful ones and isn’t covering himself in glory in this one (whilst being backed).

Lambert got lucky with having Hoolahan and Holt and then built around them. Farke had Buendia and Pukki in a similar way.

10 hours ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

The problem with that is if Farke survived another relegation (which I doubt) then best case scenario of yours is instant promotion again.. then what? You can’t sack him after promotion and would you want to have him take a third stab at the PL?

Exactly this 

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

What else do you call a man whose subsequent career has been an absolute failure?

We should’ve stuck with Bryan Gunn, absolute failure of a manager we took on

28 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Lambert got lucky with having Hoolahan and Holt and then built around them. Farke had Buendia and Pukki in a similar way.

Agree to a degree, pukki was playing champs league when we signed him. Holt was in league 2. To get him scoring at premiership level was remarkable. I’m not a massive Lambert fan, but he did very well for us and to thump us 7-1 at home with the two players mentioned was a good achievement.

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

Lambert was lucky. As has been proven by his utterly useless career since. It was fun to watch though at the time. Fun when he completely lost the plot down the road too.

Mostly agree with that. Lambert was carried by Holt and one or two others and when he didn't have them anymore he got found out. Ditto now with Farke without Buendia and Pukki.

Without them on fire I fear Farke will now struggle. Both Lambert and Farke got lucky and eventually that runs out.

Lambert took us up and Kept us here and he is Lucky 

Farke took us up then straight down then back up then here today and he is Better ? 

Lambert had players running through Brick walls for him 

i admit Lamberts time as a Manager was here and he has done nothing since But we do not know what Career Farke will have 

Asking Hanley to play it around at the Back like a john stones or van Dijk standard of player is not the best tactics 

Lambert would say clear your lines and reorganise 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

I wonder if this is how Farke will be seen in 10 years too? 

The club won’t sack Farke this season partly because they will feel they owe him the opportunity to get us back up next season and because of the pay off they would have to give him. However if we aren’t in contention for promotion come end November/early December then his time may well be up.

20 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

The club won’t sack Farke this season partly because they will feel they owe him the opportunity to get us back up next season and because of the pay off they would have to give him. However if we aren’t in contention for promotion come end November/early December then his time may well be up.

Sorry but that is nonsense.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Agreed, I mean even if we've been stupid enough to not included a reduced pay out for dismissal / resigning this season then I heard full compensation for him for the 4 years is £5 million, utter peanuts in comparison to what we would lose with relegation. 

2 hours ago, robert choice said:

Mostly agree with that. Lambert was carried by Holt and one or two others and when he didn't have them anymore he got found out. Ditto now with Farke without Buendia and Pukki.

Without them on fire I fear Farke will now struggle. Both Lambert and Farke got lucky and eventually that runs out.

I’ve said this before, Farke’s reign has coincided with a purple patch for both our ex recruitment team and our academy. That’s a huge amount of reflected glory and while you would give credit for introducing a possession based style of play that rips up the championship it’s now that his ability is truly tested to find a way to win in the premiership. Still early doors but no signs yet of that happening.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Time will be the arbiter of whether it’s nonsense or not. I’m sure you will offer a profuse apology when I’m proved to be right.

15 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

I think he is vital to how we play and how we are as a club at present 

Careful what you wish for, we could end up with a defensive long ball merchant who yes, may keep us up for a year or two, but the money will talk in the end. Careful what we ish for lads

I'm firmly in the keep DF camp

Well the current incumbent will not keep us up I can predict that now! Oh to have  ...'a year OR TWO' in the PL!  

56 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Time will be the arbiter of whether it’s nonsense or not. I’m sure you will offer a profuse apology when I’m proved to be right.

i Think they Might Sack him this season if he gets really Bad 

Just say 11 games without a win Nobody would Survive That ,

And to be honest i don't want it to get Ugly for Him after all he has done