Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Farke out

Got to say that I don't disagree. 

Clueless, weak and devoid of confidence. 

Farke is quickly proving that he is not cut out at this level.

• Like 1

I think he is vital to how we play and how we are as a club at present 

Careful what you wish for, we could end up with a defensive long ball merchant who yes, may keep us up for a year or two, but the money will talk in the end. Careful what we ish for lads

I'm firmly in the keep DF camp

Dont think we have money to do that. 

Wasent he aworded a new 4 year contract some weeks agoe?

Edited by Olano

I don't understand why we aren't at least trying 4231 which the players know inside out, and worked a charm last year.   These formations aren't working at all 

Farke seemed very happy at final whistle. He must have thought we would lose 5-0.

Totally agree he is out of his depth in premiership.

3 minutes ago, simmo_2 said:

Farke seemed very happy at final whistle. He must have thought we would lose 5-0.

Totally agree he is out of his depth in premiership.

Perhaps he had the correct score at 10-1? 

3 minutes ago, nfkboy21 said:

He just likes a cuddle with Klopp at the end. It's all he comes for. 

Fxxkin joke IMO

Embarrassing. This was a Liverpool reserve side containing three teenagers and they did not even need to get out of second gear to beat a very, very weak Norwich side. So, so poor. Farke seemed pleased though.

11 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Careful what you wish for, we could end up with a defensive long ball merchant who yes, may keep us up for a year or two, but the money will talk in the end. Careful what we ish for lads

I'm firmly in the keep DF camp

Agree with you there. Are we really happy to risk having another Hughton/Bruce/Pulis? Yes Farke’s awful at PL level and a defensive manager might keep us up for a bit, but he’s great at Championship level

I’d much rather we keep Farke and risk relegation than sack him and risk having another defensive manager

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Agree with you there. Are we really happy to risk having another Hughton/Bruce/Pulis? Yes Farke’s awful at PL level and a defensive manager might keep us up for a bit, but he’s great at Championship level

I’d much rather we keep Farke and risk relegation than sack him and risk having another defensive manager

Are you making the assumption that Farke and Webber would be here for another championship season. Can’t see it personally, Farke will have lost the players/fans most likely and Webber too ambitious. There are a few decent managers that could do a job with our team and finances in the Championship.

54 minutes ago, Haus said:

I don't understand why we aren't at least trying 4231 which the players know inside out, and worked a charm last year.   These formations aren't working at all 

To be fair at least half the players you’d expect to be on a PL team sheet didn’t play for us last year. Agree it’s not working though.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Love Farke but that is very funny. 

Yea fair play that’s brightened the mood.

59 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

But we're playing terribly, and as a club we're depressed?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I think he is vital to how we play - Awful

and how we are as a club at present - Embarrassing

Yep, he's certainly doing that.....

2 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Are you making the assumption that Farke and Webber would be here for another championship season. Can’t see it personally, Farke will have lost the players/fans most likely and Webber too ambitious. There are a few decent managers that could do a job with our team and finances in the Championship.

If we get relegated I can see Farke being kept for one more season to see if he can get us straight back up again. If he fails, I think he will go.

Pity Lambert has failed miserably ever since he left us, as otherwise I wouldn’t have minded him as a replacement 

1 hour ago, Keith Scott said:

Another humiliation on national television. To Liverpool's C team! This can't go on any longer, surely?

All the best. Keith.

Another Farke horror show in front of a full house.

The players aren't playing badly deliberately and it just looks like they don't know what to do to me.

4 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

If we get relegated I can see Farke being kept for one more season to see if he can get us straight back up again. If he fails, I think he will go.

Pity Lambert has failed miserably ever since he left us, as otherwise I wouldn’t have minded him as a replacement 

The problem with that is if Farke survived another relegation (which I doubt) then best case scenario of yours is instant promotion again.. then what? You can’t sack him after promotion and would you want to have him take a third stab at the PL?

6 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Lambert knew what excitement was and signed players with passion.

9 hours ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Yep, he's certainly doing that.....

So all the good work of the last few years is instantly disregarded by you? And then you also truely believe that with the replacement we get in - be it someone like pulis or Sam alladyce (picking on them as they are great at saving teams in this league) will be able to compete here with the squad how it is at present (ie set up to play DF way so no good to play a game where we try just constantly cross)

Also consider who else you may wish to go and get, like some are saying, people in the champs would do a job - yeah like who? Who's better proven and equipped for the squad than DF?

What if it isn't the manager? What if it's just the difference between these premier sides and us? That maybe all the lack of investment over the years has caught up with us? That isn't a shot at the board, they are doing what they think is right for the long term and this year they have - and only in our terms - gone for it. 

Its the same madness of the people who are saying pukki is finished. Tbf to the guy, we are now playing a slightly different formation to what we have over three years, as well as he has lost in one summer the three players who always played in through in mario, steepi and EMI. 

You are all welcome to you opinion on if we should sack DF or when enough is enough. But genuinely, through enjoyment of watching his side's, and what he has already done in a relatively small amount of time and budget, I think it would be a massive mistake to fire DF. Even if we are dead and burried by Xmas. Sorry but I just do, he is vital 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

So all the good work of the last few years is instantly disregarded by you? And then you also truely believe that with the replacement we get in - be it someone like pulis or Sam alladyce (picking on them as they are great at saving teams in this league) will be able to compete here with the squad how it is at present (ie set up to play DF way so no good to play a game where we try just constantly cross)

Also consider who else you may wish to go and get, like some are saying, people in the champs would do a job - yeah like who? Who's better proven and equipped for the squad than DF?

What if it isn't the manager? What if it's just the difference between these premier sides and us? That maybe all the lack of investment over the years has caught up with us? That isn't a shot at the board, they are doing what they think is right for the long term and this year they have - and only in our terms - gone for it. 

Its the same madness of the people who are saying pukki is finished. Tbf to the guy, we are now playing a slightly different formation to what we have over three years, as well as he has lost in one summer the three players who always played in through in mario, steepi and EMI. 

You are all welcome to you opinion on if we should sack DF or when enough is enough. But genuinely, through enjoyment of watching his side's, and what he has already done in a relatively small amount of time and budget, I think it would be a massive mistake to fire DF. Even if we are dead and burried by Xmas. Sorry but I just do, he is vital 

I love posts like this. 

Given me a proper good laugh first thing in the morning. 

9 hours ago, robert choice said:

Lambert knew what excitement was and signed players with passion.

Lambert was lucky. As has been proven by his utterly useless career since. It was fun to watch though at the time. Fun when he completely lost the plot down the road too.

15 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Lambert was lucky. As has been proven by his utterly useless career since. It was fun to watch though at the time. Fun when he completely lost the plot down the road too.

Lambert was lucky? 3 excellent seasons with naff all backing. He did an excellent job. Farkes had 2 good seasons, 2 dreadful ones and isn’t covering himself in glory in this one (whilst being backed).

Farke has to sharpen up pretty quickly. His preferred method of play is not effective against Premier standard teams. Not even close as proven against a Liverpool reserve side on Tuesday night. Constantly passing square or turning and passing backwards is also not even attractive to watch. Sitting quietly on the bench looking bemused and bewildered is also not generating any passion on the field or in the stands. Something has to change. We are out of the League Cup and unless the Premiership form is turned around this season for Norwich will be over before October starts. Some improvement, any improvement, must be seen at Everton (who were beaten last night by a Championship side) or the clamour for someone to take this squad by the scruff of it’s neck and shake it awake and into a Premiership side will be undeniable. As we were so universally poor in all aspects of the game against Liverpool reserves it would be unfair to point accusations at individual players, they were all poor. But the defence and their leader need to get organised and do the basic stuff, like professional players. Otherwise our proud Club will become a laughing stock, a joke, a throwaway punchline ; if it is not already.

Edited by kenfoggo