lake district canary

Lapps Official Liverpool Match thread

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Don't agree it's a size issue in general, we have put some bigger sides out recently. It's mentality that's the issue. Too many of our players are bullied, it's like there is no culture of combative football.

Attitude has little to do with it. Rupp, Gilmour and Mumba have the physiques of 12 year olds and PLM is another skinny, fragile, lightweight player. There's nothing they can change in terms of mentality that will stop them being bullied every game. 

it's like playing several less technically gifted wes Hoolahans in our midfield and defence. In the most physical league in the world ( I know its a cup game) it is stupid trying to play players like this. You can get away with maybe one player at a time but you need physicality around them.

We're so slow as well. It's like somehow we didn't learn any lessons after last time. 

10 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Atm relegation looks odds on , confidence shot , not a single reliable defender

Omobamidele looks like our best centre back on the evidence we've seen so far this season.

Thus far our £17m Greek left side has struggled against an 18 year old right back making his first professional appearance and a 16 year old playing his first game for Liverpool (he did play a few minutes for Derby). 

Just now, king canary said:

Tzolis looks bright so

Liverpools right side have 1 professional appearance between them before today and an average age of 17. 

So really our £17m Greek combo down our left should have shredded them, and have instead looked shakey. 

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Attitude has little to do with it. Rupp, Gilmour and Mumba have the physiques of 12 year olds and PLM is another skinny, fragile, lightweight player. There's nothing they can change in terms of mentality that will stop them being bullied every game. 

it's like playing several less technically gifted wes Hoolahans in our midfield and defence. In the most physical league in the world ( I know its a cup game) it is stupid trying to play players like this. You can get away with maybe one player at a time but you need physicality around them.

We're so slow as well. It's like somehow we didn't learn any lessons after last time. 

Loads of smaller players thrive in the premier League. They just have a bit of bite. 

I wasnt really talking about this side out today, I was talking about Watford more. We were not a small side on the pitch that day.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Liverpools right side have 1 professional appearance between them before today and an average age of 17. 

So really our £17m Greek combo down our left should have shredded them, and have instead looked shakey. 

He's not playing as a pure left winger though - he's drifted about and been more central generally. Not his job to cover Giannoulis in this formation. 

physically weak, defensively clueless, this is liverpools B team,  yes i know theres some decent players there but its probably not a top 12 prem team

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Is it a coincidence that the only game we won - was when gilmour wasn’t playing. Every time he starts - we lose 

I can remember the last time Chelsea loaned us an over rated midfielder, next Frank Lampard they said.

Had joined Leyton Orient on a permanent within a year, and went from there to League Two with Crawley.

Talking about Jimmy Smith of course! 

Based on what we've seen so far I fully expect to see Gilmour at Oxford United within two years, trying to prove he can move up a level to the Championship.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, sack the chef said:

physically weak, defensively clueless, this is liverpools B team,

Arguably not even their B-Team, more like two thirds B Team and one third Under 18s! 

…and that’s exactly why Idah doesn’t start games…

…shocking attempt on goal.

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Is it a coincidence that the only game we won - was when gilmour wasn’t playing. Every time he starts - we lose 

Lost against Arsenal and he wasn’t playing.

Just now, ROBFLECK said:

The writing's on the wall,  it's for all to see. But some, understandably don't want to see it.

Not many in that camp today mate.

I do think there’s some positives to take from this so far, namely the formation which I can see us growing into, and it’s also giving us some luck down the wings which we’ve been in dire need of so far this season.

Giannoulis getting run ragged by a 16 year old isn’t a great sight mind you, and the lack of confidence across the whole XI is also plain to see. I also don’t think Mumba is anywhere near ready for PL football, as much as I think he has a very bright future here. His decision making isn’t quick enough and overall quality is lacking somewhat. Needs a full season playing every week in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Needs a full season playing every week in the Championship.

He'll get that next season then 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Giannoulis getting run ragged by a 16 year old isn’t a great sight mind you

Sounds like a job for Sorenson our super left back.

Just now, king canary said:

Rupp no pace or power to hold of Curtis Jones. Such a nothing player. 

Bit harsh. Farke says he is our LR7!

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Arguably not even their B-Team, more like two thirds B Team and one third Under 18s! 

Still has a solid spine about it. 36m Konate and Joe Gomez, Ox and keita all four would start for us and most bottom half PL teams. 

Because we strengthened the squad but not the starting 11 - Farke has huge options but no real way of making a meaningful change. It’s painful to watch him chop and change and see no real difference…what next?