lake district canary

Lapps Official Liverpool Match thread

He didn’t bring them in - poor chap. As ever the board have sent him out without a gun..

This is a WUM surely. He has a gattling gun this time.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Embarrassing I think it's game  over for Farke 

I am increasingly convinced he’s just too nice and Ted Lasso-like. We lack any kind of grit or nastiness.

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Did you watch us under Gunn against Colchester? 😂

Yes, I did. And what happened. Gunn was sacked and what happened afterwards?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

If it was me making the calls 

1) Eddie Howe

2) Steven Gerrard 

3) Valerian Ismail

Howe: Not for me, fully believe there’s a reason no club has gone anywhere near him for over a year. Tactically lacking. Got lucky as a club legend at Bournemouth during a period where the quality of the Premier League dipped compared to previous years. 

Gerrard: Again, not for me. No suggestion that he could rise to the challenge in the PL. He is a name that may give the players a boost however. 

Ismail: Would be happy with him as I think he’s clearly a very talented coach, but he has a completely different style and way of playing to Farke that doesn’t fit the squad, so may not be one to get in for an immediate impact. If the time does come where we’re looking for a new manager though, he’d certainly be on the shortlist I’m sure.

It's the middle of September and everyone is giving up?

We learned plenty tonight. Three at the back could work - Omobamidele and Gibson both had decent games; Giannoulis was allright. I suspect Kabak will come in for Hanley, who didn't look comfortable in the three.

We also learned (finally) that Idah will probably never be good enough and that Gunn used to be good but isn't anymore.

Pukki, Sargent, Normann, Krul, Aarons and Kabak will all be back on Saturday and with this system we have a chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

We learned plenty tonight. Three at the back could work - Omobamidele and Gibson both had decent games; Giannoulis was allright. I suspect Kabak will come in for Hanley, who didn't look comfortable in the three.

We also learned (finally) that Idah will probably never be good enough and that Gunn used to be good but isn't anymore.

Pukki, Sargent, Normann, Krul, Aarons and Kabak will all be back on Saturday and with this system we have a chance.

Gibson had a Decent game? 

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Idah.

Dear oh dear.

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Well, compared to Hanley (who was responsible for two of the goals) he did! But yeah, I thought he was solid enough.

Just now, sgncfc said:

Well, compared to Hanley (who was responsible for two of the goals) he did! But yeah, I thought he was solid enough.

Solid is something you don't associate with anyone in the  Norwich defence ATM   

6 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Nobody had a decent game . Wishful thinking is one thing . Still as Lord Melchett said 
 'If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.' 😂

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Goals against are not just the responsibility of the defence. Collectively, as a team, we are currently very poor when we do not have the ball. Our challenges are weak in midfield in particular - this has been a failing for 4 years. We fail to stop runners by fouling them when we should - Liverpool (again) did it every time we won the ball in a midfield position. We fail to block crosses - again, something we have failed to do for 4 years.

I had hoped that Normann, Kabak and Williams would sort that out. They still might.

15 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I’m struggling to remember what two goals Hanley was directly responsible for? Do we just blame him for any goal now?

First goal Gilmour didn’t track his man.

Second Gibson doesn’t stay tight to Origi unless we are complaining Hanley’s not tall enough or his eyes in the back of his head don’t work.

Third he waltzes through all our defenders after someone else loses the ball in a super dangerous position, think it was Rashica?

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

I’m struggling to remember what two goals Hanley was directly responsible for? Do we just blame him for any goal now?

First goal Gilmour didn’t track his man.

Second Gibson doesn’t stay tight to Origi unless we are complaining Hanley’s not tall enough or his eyes in the back of his head don’t work.

Third he waltzes through all our defenders after someone else loses the ball in a super dangerous position, think it was Rashica?

We play zonal at corners, we don't track men. Hanley attacked the header when two others were already there and left that space. Second Hanley jumps under the ball - it's his header in that position, not Gibson's. Admittedly the cross should have been cut out.

• Like 1

Just now, sgncfc said:

We play zonal at corners, we don't track men. Hanley attacked the header when two others were already there and left that space. Second Hanley jumps under the ball - it's his header in that position, not Gibson's. Admittedly the cross should have been cut out.

Ok he attacked the header unnecessarily, but I can’t claim to know how our players are meant to react in our marking system but there were other defenders with no red shirt around who stood and watched him take that space without closing it down. 

Again I think the seconds harsh, cross should never come in and it’s a good ball that’s perfectly beaten him for height. I’m not sure on his positioning but with three CHs marking one CF in my head if Hanleys gone towards the ball to block the cross I’d I’ve expected Gibson to get tighter to Origi personally. I’m not blaming him either just don’t think Hanley is directly at fault.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ok, potential to be world class

Cheer up buddy

Looking at tonight’s posts I don’t think I am anywhere near the top of the list of fans who need to be told to cheer up...🤩