lake district canary

Lapps Official Liverpool Match thread

Just now, RugbyCanary said:

I disagree!!!! The squad I think is decent and has a chance to do well. Buying into a project is the whole point surly? Pep at city, klopp at 'pool.......just because the results ain't going out way, the board, owners, Webber know nothing??? Gimme a break! . Yes it ain't great at the moment but have faith at least for a bit longer

How much longer? When does it click? And why does it suddenly click? What evidence is there that this is just a blip? 

My opinion before the game was we should have played our strongest team, let them gel and get some confidence back with the performance. My view hasn’t changed.

Total waste of time. Change of formation, 9 changes. We have been comprehensively beaten by Liverpool’s reserves and U18s combined, what did we get out of the game? 

I’m even more convinced now our best team would have got a result or at least given a performance to gain some confidence before Saturday.

Its Farkes choice but it’s another poor one IMO that just adds to the pressure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The mystery for me is how we play some of the best football I’ve ever seen from a City side , blow the division away , and as soon as we get up we look hopeless. 

I get that we have a style , but how can it be so brilliant in one division and useless in the Prem? it’s not like the Chumps is a pushover is it ? 

Not picking on individuals .wouldn’t  bother with a sponsors MOM. Maybe the kit man. 

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

How much longer? When does it click? And why does it suddenly click? What evidence is there that this is just a blip? 

I agree it's a huge blip but .....who's out there? Big Sam, Howe, hodgson......hughton Lambert? 

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

To be fair, I don't think it's a blip either but asking people to tell you how a team suddenly clicks is, by its nature, a bit if a pointless and unanswerable question.

I think we should just give up trying to defend altogether as we clearly aren't very good at it.

Push every one up front and run around after the ball like 8 years olds playing at the park.

Failing that, could we not try synchronised swimming?

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

I think DF has to be on written warning now. We have brought in new signings who aren't, on the face of it, any better.

But I will give them some slack because our defending is woeful and the real cause of our problem that the new players haven't had much chance to show their talent.

People think some managers are dinosaurs because they concentrate on defence but it has to start there and build upon it.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

My opinion before the game was we should have played our strongest team, let them gel and get some confidence back with the performance. My view hasn’t changed.

Total waste of time. Change of formation, 9 changes. We have been comprehensively beaten by Liverpool’s reserves and U18s combined, what did we get out of the game? 

I’m even more convinced now our best team would have got a result or at least given a performance to gain some confidence before Saturday.

Its Farkes choice but it’s another poor one IMO that just adds to the pressure.

This ^

Just now, RugbyCanary said:

I agree it's a huge blip but .....who's out there? Big Sam, Howe, hodgson......hughton Lambert? 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

I think DF has to be on written warning now. We have brought in new signings who aren't, on the face of it, any better.

But I will give them some slack because our defending is woeful and the real cause of our problem that the new players haven't had much chance to show their talent.

People think some managers are dinosaurs because they concentrate on defence but it has to start there and build upon it.

He didn’t bring them in - poor chap. As ever the board have sent him out without a gun..

3 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

I disagree!!!! The squad I think is decent and has a chance to do well. Buying into a project is the whole point surly? Pep at city, klopp at 'pool.......just because the results ain't going out way, the board, owners, Webber know nothing??? Gimme a break! . Yes it ain't great at the moment but have faith at least for a bit longer

Oh yeah, I think you’re right. I was concerned until you posted, but now I’m reassured. Im sure everything’s going to be okay now.

9 minutes ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

Eire manager watching in the stands, must be unimpressed

He's  not the only  one. 

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The mystery for me is how we play some of the best football I’ve ever seen from a City side , blow the division away , and as soon as we get up we look hopeless. 

I get that we have a style , but how can it be so brilliant in one division and useless in the Prem? it’s not like the Chumps is a pushover is it ? 

Not picking on individuals .wouldn’t  bother with a sponsors MOM. Maybe the kit man. 

I’m starting to think it’s just clinicalness of the opposition players. We make just as many mistakes in the Championship but they aren’t punished as often and we get away with it because we are the stronger side anyway.

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

If it was me making the calls 

1) Eddie Howe

2) Steven Gerrard 

3) Valerian Ismail

I’d be suggesting that Farke calls Culverhouse

• Like 1

I’ve been around a while, I’m getting on a bit in fact but I can’t recall ever seeing a Norwich team that looks so lost in itself. 

Im sure there are good players in there but as a group…… they all just look lost.

That’s worrying. Very worrying .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

I think 16 straight defeats to Premier League opposition says it all. The squad may be decent, but for championship football not the EPL sides.

I do rate Farke, but I just don’t get his constant use of players who just aren’t up to this level. It’s like that old saying definition of insanity is to keep trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result!

Rupp, McLean & Hanley aren’t the players to try and build the team round.

Sorensen no matter what we think on here must warrant a game or two as none of the midfield can say the are playing too well to be dropped! 
Idah really needs to watch this back and understand that he’s got to be a player to hold the ball up, he was up against two quality CB today but needs to show more. Disappointed as I really think he can be a huge asset.

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What evidence is there that this is just a blip? 

Did someone  really say this is a blip? If they did then I apologise in advance for  calling you a lying cont who makes shoite up for dramatic effect. 

9 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Who would you get in? Genuinely curious.

If Webber hasn’t got a list of names in a safe somewhere ready to go he’s not doing his job properly.

I’m not ready to agree to the need yet personally, although starting to think it’s maybe inevitable. That 4 year contract however is looking farcical and I say that as someone who celebrated it.

Edited by Monty13

1 minute ago, Mr Tea said:

I’ve been around a while, I’m getting on a bit in fact but I can’t recall ever seeing a Norwich team that looks so lost in itself. 

Im sure there are good players in there but as a group…… they all just look lost.

That’s worrying. Very worrying .

Did you watch us under Gunn against Colchester? 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I’m starting to think it’s just clinicalness of the opposition players. We make just as many mistakes in the Championship but they aren’t punished as often and we get away with it because we are the stronger side anyway.

No doubt that has something to do with it . We create lots more chances in the Chumps.