lake district canary

Lapps Official Liverpool Match thread

3 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

There is absolutely zero point in giving Farke any more time.  He has to go now.  The longer we keep him, the more damage it will cause.

Now isn’t the time for knee jerk reactions. Don’t get me wrong, I’m questioning whether Farke is the man for the job, but we risk breaking any sense of stability that may still be present in the changing rooms. Not only that, who would you get in? There’s not many available managers out there  if any that I would want in at the moment. 

Edited by Hoolahoop14
  • Haha 1

Where do we go from here? Is it the manager or are the players just not up to the task?

We’ve been poor in this league before, but this feels like a new low.

Avoided here because too depressed after Saturday, but Idah just isn't good enough.

17 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Really don't get the hype around Idah... not moved on from "hot prospect" in the last 3 years.

Runs around like a lost little boy and doesn't score goals.

I really think he'd have been better to go out on loan and get regular game time somewhere as he's nowhere near ready for the prem yet. Needs to grow and get regular game time in men's football.

Can't pass very well either

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Idah you th*ck selfish pr*ck, get him out on loan, any player with a brain squares that ball to Pukki. 

Terrible. League 1 standard, at best

Just now, kirku said:

Good enough to keep this shower in the Prem? He's good, but he isn't Messi.

Well I think its more about the complete dejection that every one of his team mates would have felt the moment he was sold, and then the moment when they saw his replacement in the flesh at Colney, they'd have felt relegated before a ball was kicked.

Let’s be really honest here, the “project” quite clearly is not working, and the insistence of Webber to purchase untried and untested youngsters like Tzolis to sell them on for big money is wrong, ethically and certainly footballing wise at the level they are being asked to perform. NCFC will be relegated with a whimper once again through this shoddy scheme purely thought out to protect a future owner of the club.
Farke buys into this project and his insistence on playing these young players is actually destroying their future careers with losses after losses! It really is an embarrassing situation now.

How long will it take for Delia/Webber and Co. to wake up to the realities of football at EPL levels. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

How exactly it this Gunn's fault? I get that people are venting but let's pick a reasonable target...

His distribution has been woeful, and his efforts at preventing the goals have looked a touch feeble.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Not quite but at this rate will be very soon

Hughton was grim football, but we weren't playing as badly as we have for large parts of this season. I have backed Farke from the moment he got here, including when we were relegated, but two more games of this and we need a change.

Hanley and Gibson might not be world beaters, but somehow the defensive system that we are attempting to work is so inept that it makes them look like they have never played the position before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There has been a few glimmers of plus.....back three looked ok. Tzolis looked ok. Gilmore.....no more, please back to London you go!!!! Daniel Farke still has credit I think. Let's see

It was a mistake not to loan Idah out. He’s never going to develop in these cameos and a few mins here and there. He needs a season in the Championship to actually learn his trade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Hughton was grim football, but we weren't playing as badly as we have for large parts of this season. I have backed Farke from the moment he got here, including when we were relegated, but two more games of this and we need a change.

Hanley and Gibson might not be world beaters, but somehow the defensive system that we are attempting to work is so inept that it makes them look like they have never played the position before.

I have to agree. If we lose the next two I think Farke needs to go.

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well I think its more about the complete dejection that every one of his team mates would have felt the moment he was sold, and then the moment when they saw his replacement in the flesh at Colney, they'd have felt relegated before a ball was kicked.

Teemu, he didn't want to be here anymore, so I don't see what the point is of pretending that keeping him was a viable option.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Now isn’t the time for knee jerk reactions. Don’t get me wrong, I’m questioning whether Farke is the man for the job, but we risk breaking any sense of stability that may still be present in the changing rooms. Not only that, who would you get in? There’s not many available managers out there  if any that I would want in at the moment. 

Nothing even remotely knee-jerk about it.

• Haha 1

****ing marvellous. What a waste of a tuesday night. And now we have to put up with multiple threads by DCB and TVB.🤬

2 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

There has been a few glimmers of plus.....back three looked ok. Tzolis looked ok. Gilmore.....no more, please back to London you go!!!! Daniel Farke still has credit I think. Let's see

Ehh! Hanley and Gibson are the Hinge and Brackett of defending. Andrew has talent but he has too much to do with those two messing it up alongside him.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Missed the end. Any boos?

Probably plenty of boo-sing to drown our sorrows!

12 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

How exactly it this Gunn's fault? I get that people are venting but let's pick a reasonable target...

Whilst the defending has been abysmal, 2 goals went through him and the header on 6 yard box a good strong keeper would have anticipated the cross and come and caught or clattered the striker and punched it clear. 

3 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Let’s be really honest here, the “project” quite clearly is not working, and the insistence of Webber to purchase untried and untested youngsters like Tzolis to sell them on for big money is wrong, ethically and certainly footballing wise at the level they are being asked to perform. NCFC will be relegated with a whimper once again through this shoddy scheme purely thought out to protect a future owner of the club.
Farke buys into this project and his insistence on playing these young players is actually destroying their future careers with losses after losses! It really is an embarrassing situation now.

How long will it take for Delia/Webber and Co. to wake up to the realities of football at EPL levels. 

I disagree!!!! The squad I think is decent and has a chance to do well. Buying into a project is the whole point surly? Pep at city, klopp at 'pool.......just because the results ain't going out way, the board, owners, Webber know nothing??? Gimme a break! . Yes it ain't great at the moment but have faith at least for a bit longer

We really are an embarrassment as soon as we face any sort of challenge, we have no-one on that pitch to gee up our players and it shows as soon as we concede, just no fight in us whatsoever.

Edited by robertociNCFC