lake district canary

Lapps Official Liverpool Match thread

That young Liverpool keeper has been very good.

I remain very hopeful we can get something from this game. We are definitely in this match.

• Like 1

****ing kids and their ****ing arrogant twatty run ups. It was the same with Rashford and Saka. Just run up to it from just outside the box and hit it.

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

So we’re supposed to be happy with losing?

Villa beat Liverpool’s 3rd team 5-0 in the FA Cup the season before last, let’s not forget.

Well of course not 😝 But we shouldn’t expect a stroll in the park. It’s always going to be tough

Is this thread a wind up? It's been loads better and Gilmour looks like the player we thought we were getting - he's been excellent. Giann miles better than Williams.

• Thanks 1

Such a shame we let such a soft goal in, Liverpool are there for the taking penalty miss regardless.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

That young Liverpool keeper has been very good.

I remain very hopeful we can get something from this game. We are definitely in this match.

Good God. He has had two shots to save in 45 mins. And did both! NCFC are embarrassing to say the least. Can’t defend and can’t score!

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Is this thread a wind up? It's been loads better and Gilmour looks like the player we thought we were getting - he's been excellent. Giann miles better than Williams.

Gilmour has been excellent 

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Agree. The stats show we have been competitive. But somehow people at the moment just see all the negatives.

IMG_20210921_203538.jpg

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Such a shame we let such a soft goal in, Liverpool are there for the taking penalty miss regardless.

Yeh we are doing ok, should be good second half

I like Giannoulis. I'm not sure why he was cast aside (an admittedly terrible) game against Man City, when he was one of our best against Liverpool in first game of season.

Just now, sonyc said:

Agree. The stats show we have been competitive. But somehow people at the moment just see all the negatives.

IMG_20210921_203538.jpg

People see the negatives? Can you name the positives this season????!! 

Ended the half well I feel, started getting in behind alot more, just need more decisiveness in the final third as we seem to just slow down too much and allow them to get back in shape. (I think I've said that like three times already this season lol)

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Agree with this, loads of positives to take, particularly the formation and the fact that Farke seems to have got the tactics almost spot on tonight. Very much hoping we go for this shape at Everton.

A few individual performances that may be a cause for concern however, Rupp still not really showing us anything to make us think he’s PL quality, same with Mumba. Hanley and Gibson not filling me with any confidence either but they haven’t done much wrong at the same time.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

3 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

While I agree the score begets the performance, I think that’s harsh on Williams when He hasn’t had the benefit of the change of system.

We're 1-0 down because of Gilmour, he hit a free kick I'd be embarrassed by and he can't get the weight right on his forward passes.

Our standards really have dropped.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

Good God. He has had two shots to save in 45 mins. And did both! NCFC are embarrassing to say the least. Can’t defend and can’t score!

Liverpool have had one shot on target.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

People see the negatives? Can you name the positives this season????!! 

I'm talking about this match DCB. Obviously.