Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Farke quote

“Let’s be honest, the first game that really mattered was the game against Watford. “

really? He honestly thinks that? Disgusted by that statement and he should be made to answer why the previous games didn’t matter. If the coach is saying that what effect filters down to the players. 
Every single game matters to me and I expect 100% commitment always. 

CC464B91-8051-4F45-9ED6-E68EBA69A6FD.jpeg

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

“Let’s be honest, the first game that really mattered was the game against Watford. “

really? He honestly thinks that? Disgusted by that statement and he should be made to answer why the previous games didn’t matter. If the coach is saying that what effect filters down to the players. 

I don't believe he actually said that. It must be taken out of context.

“ Let’s be honest…” ALL games count, and if a head coach does not appreciate that or the environment in which he is competing, then he is not fit for purpose. Extraordinary statements coming out from Farke at the moment. One time he is accusing the fans of not supporting the Club enough and now he totally misunderstands his role. He HAS to compete for every minute of every game and for every point! Anything less at this level is an abrogation of his responsibility to the Club, the owners and the Supporters.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, and I will repeat another poster as well.

Before the start of the season but after the fixtures were announced, I didn't think we'd get much from the opening four games, if anything at all.

As another poster put it, "it wasn't losing itself, but the performances and the way we lost" or something similar to it.

Radio Norfolk were saying the Watford game was where our season started properly, the first game where people had genuine expectation of points. You might hope for points against the others. Some may have been buoyed by Brentford's result very early doors against a much weakened Arsenal side perhaps... but genuinely, if you thought Norwich could easily get points from teams placed 1st, 3rd and 5th at the end of last season, you may have set your sights extremely high, unrealistically so.

If Farke has said that, he hasn't said anything the majority of fans thought when they saw that fixture list.

1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

“ Let’s be honest…” ALL games count, and if a head coach does not appreciate that or the environment in which he is competing, then he is not fit for purpose. Extraordinary statements coming out from Farke at the moment. One time he is accusing the fans of not supporting the Club enough and now he totally misunderstands his role. He HAS to compete for every minute of every game and for every point! Anything less at this level is an abrogation of his responsibility to the Club, the owners and the Supporters.

2 hours ago, vlad666 said:

I agree with Daniel. The fans reaction says this match mattered much more than any of the previous 4.  Watford were the benchmark. This mattered and we blew it. But all is not lost so stop getting yer knickers in a twist!  

After the storm we have to believe in Daniel to get things right. Green shoots need to appear quickly but he must have decent credit in the bank still. I’d hate to see him ever getting sacked here so now it’s time for the boys to deliver on the pitch. 

The first four games were always going to be hard, especially because of the cancellation of warm up games and the late arrival of the newest players - and the stupid international break so soon into the season - so it is quite understandable that they would be seen as games where we would not pick up much in terms of points.

So it's obvious that the Watford game was seen as a match where we should target three points - but it does show there will be no easy games - and no-one should take it for granted we will win against anyone in this league.

From here on in though and once we have the new players more settled in, every game has to be a potential three points - and we can't rely on just beating those around us (as the mini-leaguers would have you believe) because the standard is so high whoever you play - and anyone can beat anyone else on any given day. For me that is what we have to start showing - that we can beat anyone on our day. It's going to be tough, but it's the only way - we have to compete on the same level as the opposition every week.

A big season ahead and much to improve on - and Farke's point about booing is good too - yes people are entitled to do it, but does it help the players.....no. His press conference is well worth a listen.

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

All Matches Matter......... 😏

I’m sure Daniel would be the first to agree but it won’t stop people misinterpreting what he meant. Personally I think he was just trying to relate that this one really hurt in a way that a defeat to the top 4 doesn’t. You cannot deny that losing this game mattered more to us than being stuffed by Citeh, like many other teams will be. 

Look I think we all know that it was unlikely we’d get points from the first 4 and maybe therefore something has been a bit lost in translation but on the face of it that quote smacks of little old Norwich and writing off games that there was still a chance of getting something from. We don’t want that being the attitude of the club or there is no point us being in the premier. 

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, chicken said:

Some may have been buoyed by Brentford's result very early doors against a much weakened Arsenal side perhaps... but genuinely, if you thought Norwich could easily get points from teams placed 1st, 3rd and 5th at the end of last season, you may have set your sights extremely high, unrealistically so.

We only got one less point (4) out of 'both legs' against Manchester City (1st the season before), Chelsea (3rd) and Arsenal (5th) as we did against all six of Crystal Palace, Brighton, West Ham, Aston Villa, Bournemouth and Watford who propped up the table with us and earned us 5pts...

*sigh*

And here starts fans trying to take apart every little thing a manager does or says to find fault. 

43 minutes ago, hogesar said:

*sigh*

And here starts fans trying to take apart every little thing a manager does or says to find fault. 

Every little thing? To me that statement is massive. Something that needs to be clarified if it was lost in translation. 

11 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Every little thing? To me that statement is massive. Something that needs to be clarified if it was lost in translation. 

Only if you are looking for a stick to beat him/the club with.  Otherwise it is saying precisely what many said all along….not just because of the fixtures we’d had (though of course that’s also relevant), but more so because of it having been the first ‘proper’ post-transfer window game where the full squad was available.

Edited by Branston Pickle

21 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

But had we got a point against Leicester and again against Arsenal (not unrealistic in the context of how those matches played out) you wouldn't even mention it.

Sooner we're back where we truly belong the better.....It'll stop all this infighting and personal spats.....This league causes so much friction between fans.....