Sign in to follow this  
NorfBhoy66

Todd out with pissedoffitis again

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Only if you go looking for it. I don't see it, so don't find him irritating on social media at all. If I did, I would stop looking at it.

People seem to have an innate need to be irritated by stuff.

Playing devil's advocate, he is the only one who had access to those players at that specific point of their career. We'll never know if a different manager would have given the same players the same opportunities. Imagine if Godfrey carries on doing well at Everton and gets called up to England. You can't then say, "Benitez turned Godfrey into an England international, Farke had access to him and didn't".

Playing devils advocate you could also say Godfrey was equally as good whilst playing at Norwich, after Farke gave him the opportunity, but he only got into the England squad because he is playing at a "big club".............

56 minutes ago, robert choice said:

It's called 'opinion'.

Or aren't we allowed to have that on here?

You're being  a bit precious  now, opinions once voiced on a public forum are liable to discussion,  please show me where  I stated you can't have an opinion....or am I not allowed to  have a different one to you..

...see how  silly that sounds. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

But Farke has way more skill in it than a majority of other managers, as he's turned Max, Lewis, Godfrey, Emi, Todd into multi-million pound players. Other managers had access to those players and didn't.

It would be wrong not to credit the many other people who have helped to bring these kids along.

Farke is a thoroughly decent individual but let's not try to turn him into a God.

46 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You're being  a bit precious  now, opinions once voiced on a public forum are liable to discussion,  please show me where  I stated you can't have an opinion....or am I not allowed to  have a different one to you..

...see how  silly that sounds. 

I do't do riddles.

2 minutes ago, robert choice said:

I do't do riddles.

Or thinking , by the looks  if it  🤔,  just ill thought out clichés. 

Standards on this board are slipping  .

26 minutes ago, robert choice said:

I do't do riddles.

It's not a riddle its a perfectly simple question.

You're doing what an awful lot of the numpties who come on here making silly criticisms of the club do. You're talking a lot of twaddle and when you're called out on it on a public discussion board  you're crying and whinging about your 'right to have an opinion'.

Nobody is saying you haven't got a right to an opinion - they're just saying that in their opinion you're talking rubbish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You're doing what an awful lot of the numpties who come on here making silly criticisms of the club do. You're talking a lot of twaddle and when you're called out on it on a public discussion board  you're crying and whinging about your 'right to have an opinion'.

Nobody is saying you haven't got a right to an opinion - they're just saying that in their opinion you're talking rubbish.

Comedy gold....

11 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Comedy gold....

Don't worry - it's a public message board - everybody can see that you're wriggling just like Boris Johnson when he's asked a simple question. 

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Only if you go looking for it. I don't see it, so don't find him irritating on social media at all. If I did, I would stop looking at it.

People seem to have an innate need to be irritated by stuff.

Playing devil's advocate, he is the only one who had access to those players at that specific point of their career. We'll never know if a different manager would have given the same players the same opportunities. Imagine if Godfrey carries on doing well at Everton and gets called up to England. You can't then say, "Benitez turned Godfrey into an England international, Farke had access to him and didn't".

I know you're paying devil's advocate, but I still think that's pretty big revisionism which no-one would have said had we started this season well (something which actually has zero relevance to his ability to develop young players).

The reality is, Alex Neil had access to Maddison, Godfrey and Lewis. Lewis and Aarons in particular were relatively unnoticed by all accounts until Farke wanted to integrate them into the first team. 

We signed Emi for a silly fee, an initial £1.5 million. If any manager could then turn him into a £30 million player I imagine pretty much every club would have tried to purchase him, and we'd never have signed him. There's just too many examples of young players developing very well under Farke for it to be a coincidence, and it's something he's been well recognised for outside of Norwich.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I know you're paying devil's advocate, but I still think that's pretty big revisionism which no-one would have said had we started this season well (something which actually has zero relevance to his ability to develop young players).

The reality is, Alex Neil had access to Maddison, Godfrey and Lewis. Lewis and Aarons in particular were relatively unnoticed by all accounts until Farke wanted to integrate them into the first team. 

We signed Emi for a silly fee, an initial £1.5 million. If any manager could then turn him into a £30 million player I imagine pretty much every club would have tried to purchase him, and we'd never have signed him. There's just too many examples of young players developing very well under Farke for it to be a coincidence, and it's something he's been well recognised for outside of Norwich.

That is Why he was at a Top European Side in charge of the Younger Players 

Farke is Fantastic at Bring Through youth players ,

i think at Norwich he had to a little as there was no money  but done a fantastic job a perfect fit 

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

But Farke has way more skill in it than a majority of other managers, as he's turned Max, Lewis, Godfrey, Emi, Todd into multi-million pound players. Other managers had access to those players and didn't.

He’s done a fantastic job with these players. It miffs me how they are all getting big moves in the big league and we couldn’t even compete in said league with this talent.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Exactly this. It's actually the polar opposite of the complaints of a lack of freedom of speech. It's actively examining and discussing the point put forward.

What a lot of people who say this mean is they're scared of the freedom of opinions to being torn apart. I prefer a different turn of phrase, namely you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're entitled to an INFORMED opinion.

2 hours ago, robert choice said:

Farke is a thoroughly decent individual but let's not try to turn him into a God.

He is though a guru figure more so than any other manager we have ever had and clearly has a good way with the younger players. He is philosophical, wise, intelligent, a deep thinker, strong minded, loyal, doesn't suffer fools gladly, speaks eloquently, much admired in the football world for his principles and achievements, is loved by many and commands respect wherever he goes - he is as close as you will get to a guru in football.  Name any other current manager who has that kind of aura about him - Pep maybe, Klopp maybe, but I think he is a bit ott myself. Other than that, I can't think of anyone - Santo maybe, but none of them match Farke for me in the type of person they are - amd what they bring to the club they are with.

Just now, lake district canary said:

He is though a guru figure more so than any other manager we have ever had and clearly has a good way with the younger players. He is philosophical, wise, intelligent, a deep thinker, strong minded, loyal, doesn't suffer fools gladly, speaks eloquently, much admired in the football world for his principles and achievements, is loved by many and commands respect wherever he goes - he is as close as you will get to a guru in football.  Name any other current manager who has that kind of aura about him - Pep maybe, Klopp maybe, but I think he is a bit ott myself. Other than that, I can't think of anyone - Santo maybe, but none of them match Farke for me in the type of person they are - amd what they bring to the club they are with.

That could run the risk of overegging the pudding, I'd simply say we just see a lot more of Farke than we would of other managers so we have more information about him compared to others like Klopp, Guardiola etc. Bielsa seems to have a reputation as quite the "coaches coach" but hasn't exactly got a bulging trophy cabinet. Could well say the same about Ralf Rangnick as well.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

LDC Wow Guru  !! 

We are Yet to see if he can Master the PL lets not get to carried away 

21 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

LDC Wow Guru  !! 

We are Yet to see if he can Master the PL lets not get to carried away 

Success can be measured in many different ways.........

Emoticon

Edited by lake district canary
  • Haha 1