Sign in to follow this  
NorfBhoy66

Todd out with pissedoffitis again

52 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Which one of his work colleagues has done that please?

Customers then. You see the point being made but you want to pick issues by being pedantic about the comparison.

• Like 2

It’s sad that so called supporters want to stir the pot over any single detail they can to intensify negativity around the club they purport to love. It makes me wonder if some sections of fans, and that’s not solely restricted to NCFC I might add, are actually happier following a club when they have their chance to get upset and angry. But I know the answer, and there actually are people in life that really do derive pleasure from feeling like that.

Anyway, regarding Todd, hope all is ok with him - not my business to know, and nor do I need to know, but in situations like this, I think unless you’re a complete fool/a-hole then you should always give someone the benefit of the doubt and respect that maybe just maybe there is a private issue that is of far more significance than a 3-1 loss. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a mental health issue going on - he seemed pretty impassioned about matters when he was fronting the campaigns against online bullying and I think people forget that there's a hell of a lot of pressure on young players making their way up and in the game. 

It goes without saying that I truly hope I'm wrong here. But I do think he'd be in good hands with Farke as his boss if it were such a case.

Hopefully he's back on the pitch doing what he does best soon.

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Try not to be such a massive TW*T!!

Farke said in the press conference that some of the young players are having some problems in their personal lives at the moment. That could mean many things, but whatever it is I hope that Todd (assuming he's one of the ones Farke's referring to) and whoever else he's talking about are able to get over these problems and move on soon. 

Great post. Time for the OP and a number of others on here to take notice of your first line.

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just spotted Todd in Nandos.. In Leeds! 😳

I saw him Saturday night out in the Midlands. Think he was even wearing a villa tracksuit 🧐

8 hours ago, robert choice said:

Potentially our best creative player being hemmed in by Farke's obsessive 'system'.

Crush a free spirit and it quickly dies.

Cantwells entire career has developed and flourished under Farke you absolute genius.

• Like 3

Dale Gordon, the Jarvis Bothers, and now Todd...some of you Norfolk residents do seem to give it rotten to "your own", is it a self-loathing thing? Maybe to you need to get out more. I did! 

Edited by spencer 1970

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Cantwells entire career has developed and flourished under Farke you absolute genius.

In your opinion.

Which you are entitled to of course.

12 minutes ago, robert choice said:

In your opinion.

What level was Cantwell playing at before Farke?

What did our fans think of him when he replaced Emi during the championship season?

How many on here wanted him out on loan instead of playing in his first Premier League season with us, where he ended up our second top scorer?

It's not an opinion. It's a fact, based on evidence. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robert choice said:

In your opinion.

So, in your opinion, Cantwell's career hasn't developed under Farke?

As for this thread, if any other player were missing for personal reasons then nobody would bat an eyelid and they'd receive sympathy. 

But not Todd. He's judged in a completely different way to the rest of the squad, so he gets slated for missing a match for personal reasons. Yes, I agree that he's very irritating on social media, but everything he does is used as a stick to beat him with for any frivolous reason, as previous threads on here have shown, so if he is indeed suffering with his mental health it's no surprise given the treatment his own supposed fans give him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i Do Not know who Farke was Talking about 

If it is sulking due to Transfers etc they need to Grow up 

If it is a Private Personal matter of any kind other than football i wish them the best and hope all is well soon 

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So, in your opinion, Cantwell's career hasn't developed under Farke?

As for this thread, if any other player were missing for personal reasons then nobody would bat an eyelid and they'd receive sympathy. 

But not Todd. He's judged in a completely different way to the rest of the squad, so he gets slated for missing a match for personal reasons. Yes, I agree that he's very irritating on social media, but everything he does is used as a stick to beat him with for any frivolous reason, as previous threads on here have shown, so if he is indeed suffering with his mental health it's no surprise given the treatment his own supposed fans give him.

I prefer to accept that Todd is a natural talent. Why look at others to take credit for what the lad has achieved?

Either a youngster has it or he hasn't. Todd has.

Shocking thread. If the OP was off work for 'personal reasons', would they like their colleagues accusing them of having 'pissedoffitus'? 

4 minutes ago, robert choice said:

I prefer to accept that Todd is a natural talent. Why look at others to take credit for what the lad has achieved?

Maybe a natural talent - I get that. But still has to be worked on by way of integrating with the team and the like, and how best to use that talent. There is more to being a footballer than just being able to kick a ball well. 

If natural talent was all he needed why did he go on loan a couple of season ago - Oh to develop different parts of his game. That was arrange by and for the benefit of the club. A win - win when it comes off. 

Same with Maddison, Godfrey  etc. 

5 minutes ago, robert choice said:

You prefer? 

Do you also prefer to ignore the part coaching plays in development ?

Your final statement though true, is limited. Plenty of kids have it, it takes smart coaching to bring out the best in all but the truly exceptional.....and even they will find they can improve with assistance.

Just now, Greavsy said:

Maybe a natural talent - I get that. But still has to be worked on by way of integrating with the team and the like, and how best to use that talent. There is more to being a footballer than just being able to kick a ball well. 

If natural talent was all he needed why did he go on loan a couple of season ago - Oh to develop different parts of his game. That was arrange by and for the benefit of the club. A win - win when it comes off. 

Same with Maddison, Godfrey  etc. 

Fair comment but bringng on talent isn't a unique skill to Farke. For every one that has come through a large number have been let go.

If a kid is determined enough he will make it.

Just now, robert choice said:

Even without natural talent? im not so sure. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

You prefer? 

Your final statement though true, is limited. Plenty of kids have it, it takes smart coaching to bring out the best in all but the truly exceptional.....and even they will find they can improve with assistance.

It's called 'opinion'.

Or aren't we allowed to have that on here?

1 minute ago, robert choice said:

Fair comment but bringng on talent isn't a unique skill to Farke. For every one that has come through a large number have been let go.

Well no - because of the 3 being discussed - Godfrey, Madison and Todd - Farke wasnt in charge when they went on loan. 

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You prefer? 

Well said corkio! 

Its the kids who think they have it all, and dont listen who a less likely to make it. 

3 minutes ago, robert choice said:

It's called 'opinion'.

Or aren't we allowed to have that on here?

Only if its the right opinon! 😉 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Only if its the right opinon! 😉 

I can live with that Greavsy.

Edited by robert choice
wrong glasses

9 minutes ago, robert choice said:

But Farke has way more skill in it than a majority of other managers, as he's turned Max, Lewis, Godfrey, Emi, Todd into multi-million pound players. Other managers had access to those players and didn't.

2 minutes ago, robert choice said:

I can live with that Greavsy.

Edited 1 minute ago by robert choice
wrong glasses

👍

Glad to see you've put the green and yellow ones on now! 😉 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

But Farke has way more skill in it than a majority of other managers, as he's turned Max, Lewis, Godfrey, Emi, Todd into multi-million pound players. Other managers had access to those players and didn't.

I get you point Hoggy, and agree to a degree - but surely some of their value has to be due to Webber and being harder to do business with too? i accept the 'product' has to be marketable in the first place 

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Yes, I agree that he's very irritating on social media

Only if you go looking for it. I don't see it, so don't find him irritating on social media at all. If I did, I would stop looking at it.

People seem to have an innate need to be irritated by stuff.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Playing devil's advocate, he is the only one who had access to those players at that specific point of their career. We'll never know if a different manager would have given the same players the same opportunities. Imagine if Godfrey carries on doing well at Everton and gets called up to England. You can't then say, "Benitez turned Godfrey into an England international, Farke had access to him and didn't".

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Only if you go looking for it. I don't see it, so don't find him irritating on social media at all. If I did, I would stop looking at it.

People seem to have an innate need to be irritated by stuff.

Playing devil's advocate, he is the only one who had access to those players at that specific point of their career. We'll never know if a different manager would have given the same players the same opportunities. Imagine if Godfrey carries on doing well at Everton and gets called up to England. You can't then say, "Benitez turned Godfrey into an England international, Farke had access to him and didn't".

This is of course true - but you only have to look at the way that Alex Neil dealt with James Maddison compared to the way that Farke did to get an idea that Farke is incredibly good at this part of being a manager.