Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

If this continues surely the club has to make a statement

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

Too many long words and complex sentences LDC 😉

No just self indulgent bollockś typed by someone who believes his opinion is the only one that matters yet doesn’t even attend matches or really seem to have the slightest grasp of how football at this level works. 

2 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

At this level. At this level. At this level!

Willie Thorne made hundreds of 147 clearances in practice. How many did he do at competition level. 

Sorry I hadn’t realised that last season was just practice games. I had assumed we were competing for real with a number of other very good sides ( why can’t we be…?) in the Championship. I’m impressed that Sky and ifollow were willing to show practice games.

To be fair - a very good consistent yoyo self financing Club like NCFC, that bounces back & forth between Championship & Premiership -  is doing a lot lot better than Ipswich tbh lol

I would luv to see my NCFC stay in the Prem this season, but it don't look good atm, after just a few matches

Players recruited by Webber this season, must be subject/contracted to accept reduced wages on relegation (so NCFC Directors are not losing their cash - bless em)

If NCFC (as expected already by the bookies and pro pundits) get relegated. The contracted players Webber has signed on a permanent basis, will have already accepted the possibility of  relegation, & also fully accept the positive mentally attitude needed to compete within the Championship challenge for a top 2 place next season

Assume Webber has signed players on contracts that will see played stay with NCFC next season in the Chamionship>: ????.  Contracts to be 100% ok with relegation?. 

Way too many loan players needed for me this season from Webber - just another hit and hope from Farke & Webber for their second chance at Premiership survival

3 hours ago, robert choice said:

NCFC is a PL team with a non league mentality and looking at the submissive comments from it's online fan base I can see why. I question how many actually go to the game(s) and paid good money to be humiliated. Again.

Needs new ownership or nothing will change.

Bravo 

Totally agree with the above . 

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

No just self indulgent bollockś typed by someone who believes his opinion is the only one that matters yet doesn’t even attend matches or really seem to have the slightest grasp of how football at this level works. 

Plenty of people who attend matches have those failings. 

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Plenty of people who attend matches have those failings. 

Very true, who actually knows? I have no clue with everything needed to be known how it all works at Sunday league level! I’m an design engineer and I’ll leave the club to be run by those who own the club! I’m glad I don’t have people telling me how to run my engineering company……..👍💛💚

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Seriously mate stop embarrassing yourself. Read what he said again and then make an effort to actually understand it!!!

Oh dear.

Didn't take long to find the forum foghorns did it?l

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Very true, who actually knows? I have no clue with everything needed to be known how it all works at Sunday league level! I’m an design engineer and I’ll leave the club to be run by those who own the club! I’m glad I don’t have people telling me how to run my engineering company……..👍💛💚

If you are turning out shoddy goods and expecting customers to pay the going rate for it without question I suspect they would soon go elsewhere. Being a Norwich supporter we don't have that luxury we they have a cupboard full of halfie halfie scarves and can change with the wind. We are a captive, not just a customer.

NCFC was 'my club' long before Delia latched onto it and the same goes for many others much older than me.That gives us the right to speak out when we see her taking our money and offering slops in return.

What would the statement need to say? What sort of message would settle everyone down?

Are we looking for some sort of arbitrary target? A number of points/games or Farke gets the bullet? An apology? Vote of confidence? 

Given the various levels of panic/disappointment/reactionary nonsense/Corporal Jones' etc; I doubt anything they said would do anything to relax folk and would likely just pour fuel on the fire. 

They gave Farke a new contract about 20 minutes ago, about 10 minutes before most fans seemed delighted with our transfer window. Given that contract, the club position regarding the manager seems to have been made clear recently. I don't really know what else you'd want them to say. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, robert choice said:

If you are turning out shoddy goods and expecting customers to pay the going rate for it without question I suspect they would soon go elsewhere. Being a Norwich supporter we don't have that luxury we they have a cupboard full of halfie halfie scarves and can change with the wind. We are a captive, not just a customer.

NCFC was 'my club' long before Delia latched onto it and the same goes for many others much older than me.That gives us the right to speak out when we see her taking our money and offering slops in return.

How do you define 'long'?

You would have to be quite old for that to be true. (Pre 1970) 

To claim the same about Wynnie you'd have to be ancient.

25 minutes ago, robert choice said:

I suggest you form a consortium and buy your club then, gain investment and run it yourself! If you believe it’s your club it’s the only thing to do! As you’re not happy customer you have a choice and take your custom to King Lynn,  always options as I’ve given you two.

The reality is Delia has been here a long time and it’ll continue to be run by the family long after she’s gone. Live with it or do something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robert choice said:

Oh dear.

Didn't take long to find the forum foghorns did it?l

Be a good little poppet and read what he said again - then you might (just might) understand that he was actually agreeing with you. 

55 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

What would the statement need to say? What sort of message would settle everyone down?

Are we looking for some sort of arbitrary target? A number of points/games or Farke gets the bullet? An apology? Vote of confidence? 

Given the various levels of panic/disappointment/reactionary nonsense/Corporal Jones' etc; I doubt anything they said would do anything to relax folk and would likely just pour fuel on the fire. 

They gave Farke a new contract about 20 minutes ago, about 10 minutes before most fans seemed delighted with our transfer window. Given that contract, the club position regarding the manager seems to have been made clear recently. I don't really know what else you'd want them to say. 

Don’t forget that Normann needs to be there too to apologise for his part in one of the goals. Perhaps it could be a joint effort, Webber could make his statement and then put Normann in the Colney stocks or ducking stool, streamed on ifollow £5 a pop.

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Like 1

Time to take a break from this Forum again me thinks. Thanks to those with something interesting and informative to contribute. We always need to remember that the support base is huge and genuine- the Norfolk Diaspora- and then one always has a few attention seeking saddo’s. I’m thinking this could be a great season for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t forget that Normann needs to be there too to apologise for his part in one of the goals. Perhaps it could be a joint effort, Webber could make his statement and then put Normann in the Colney stocks or ducking stool, streamed on ifollow £5 a pop.

Great idea, revive the ducking stool at Fye Bridge, Delia in the chair first😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I suggest you form a consortium and buy your club then, gain investment and run it yourself! If you believe it’s your club it’s the only thing to do! As you’re not happy customer you have a choice and take your custom to King Lynn,  always options as I’ve given you two.

The reality is Delia has been here a long time and it’ll continue to be run by the family long after she’s gone. Live with it or do something.

And there is the reason why NCFC is doomed to fail.

• Like 1

Blimey, I thought I could be a tad moany at times, but all these *cough* *ahem* "new" accounts that have popped up since Saturday are something else. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Be a good little poppet and read what he said again - then you might (just might) understand that he was actually agreeing with you. 

Foghorns 'plural'.

Not directed at any one individual.

21 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Foghorns 'plural'.

Not directed at any one individual.

You quoted my post along with your comment - hence why I responded. 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Great idea, revive the ducking stool at Fye Bridge, Delia in the chair first😉

A job for the Lollards to deal with if ever there was one.

Edited by robert choice
spelling

19 minutes ago, robert choice said:

And there is the reason why NCFC is doomed to fail.

Is premiership a fail in your book? I don’t know what you expect? As most will certainly confirm I’m no Delia lover, I’d be happy to see a change, but it’s not come, it won’t come in the current environment so I’ve come to terms with it. That’s this club, we can’t do anything about it! You might think you can but the days of mass protests are a bygone era. Football has become a greedy monster which has been allowed to grow, fans should have been more vocal back in 1993 to stop the sky & betting regime taking football into where it is now. Over paid players, greedy agents and little loyalty both ways, leaving fans of 90% of clubs moaning as you are. That’s football, sorry but if it’s not your bag anymore then you have a choice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Is premiership a fail in your book? I don’t know what you expect? As most will certainly confirm I’m no Delia lover, I’d be happy to see a change, but it’s not come, it won’t come in the current environment so I’ve come to terms with it. That’s this club, we can’t do anything about it! You might think you can but the days of mass protests are a bygone era. Football has become a greedy monster which has been allowed to grow, fans should have been more vocal back in 1993 to stop the sky & betting regime taking football into where it is now. Over paid players, greedy agents and little loyalty both ways, leaving fans of 90% of clubs moaning as you are. That’s football, sorry but if it’s not your bag anymore then you have a choice.

But it is not your place to 'offer a choice' is it. NCFC is my club just as it is apparently yours. We are all captives and we either surrender or strive for something better.

Just now, robert choice said:

But it is not your place to 'offer a choice' is it. NCFC is my club just as it is apparently yours. We are all captives and we either surrender or strive for something better.

Yes but we have little influence, we ride it, we live it and we support it. If we don’t then what? Go each game get pissed off and vent your anger through frustration? Is that healthy? Not for you nor for the atmosphere. I fully appreciate booing as a vocal statement at points where it might be warranted, but I don’t see how you’d change the direction of the club. Farke has just extended his contract, we are a self funded club building on player sales and it’s going to take years to become established for a few seasons in the premiership if at all! I don’t know what you want. What do you want to see?

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed, far too late to cry now, unless you know some billionaire who has money to chuck away.

Yoyo is probably the best we can hope for now, along with WBA, Fulham, Sheff U and one or two more. I don't know why people get sniffy about it, some clubs are stuck in the same League for donkeys years with no hope of it ever changing, at least we get regular helpings of joy and get trips to the elite more than once in a lifetime.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes but we have little influence, we ride it, we live it and we support it. If we don’t then what? Go each game get pissed off and vent your anger through frustration? Is that healthy? Not for you nor for the atmosphere. I fully appreciate booing as a vocal statement at points where it might be warranted, but I don’t see how you’d change the direction of the club. Farke has just extended his contract, we are a self funded club building on player sales and it’s going to take years to become established for a few seasons in the premiership if at all! I don’t know what you want. What do you want to see?

Much of that is fair comment but after years and years of false promise maybe I want to see an end product. Under Smth and Jones that isn't going to happen and even less so when the reins are handed onto to another member of the Smith dynasty.

8 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Much of that is fair comment but after years and years of false promise maybe I want to see an end product. Under Smth and Jones that isn't going to happen and even less so when the reins are handed onto to another member of the Smith dynasty.

I don’t think there’s a fan on here who wouldn’t want us to be Leicester, very good owners, community club like ours and have got success with a fantastic new stadium, training facilities which at another level to ours and to think where they were 20 years ago…..so yes it’s nice to look at clubs with envy, but we should also be content with our lot, if we accept the Norwich way, we buy into the work being done in the past five years, it’s a massive positive from where we were to where we are now.

Edited by Indy

10 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Much of that is fair comment but after years and years of false promise maybe I want to see an end product.

In time you will realise that there is no end product in supporting NCFC. It will never be a fixed thing. The ups and downs are the things that will bring you a lifetimes pain and pleasure. Forget about end products and just enjoy the ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1