Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Would you drop Hanley?

2 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Yes for me now. I thought back 3 looked promising, though Mumba should have cut out the cross for their 2nd. 

Everton I go with:

Aarons     Gibson    Kabak     Omobamidele    Giannoulis 

Don't think Gibson was great either personally,  I'd go 4231 from now

On 20/09/2021 at 11:30, Sheva said:

Isn't is obvious that he's not up to Premier standard?

I know he's a big character ' in the dressing room', but the simple fact is that he's not mobile enough at this level.

Keep him as a squad member maybe, as and  in the Championship, but really need to improve on this important position.

Also Kenny same as above.

Rupp also not offering enough at this level.

Tough decisions Mr Manager

Great post, all the above is correct, but the manager is in love with Kenny and afraid to drop Hanley (1st 2 goals tonight Hanleys fault IMO)

Watching it back and listening/reading the various pundits around, he takes his share of the blame for pretty much all 3 of the goals, though no one exactly covered themselves in glory in the back line.

If Gibson and Giannoulis can be dropped perhaps it is the time to give Hanley a break and a chance to up his levels through training first. It doesn't need to be seen as a negative, but as we now have the numbers to be able to provide competition and also Kabak ready to come in, surely we need to be ruthless and say right, time to try something else, up your game and fight back into the side.