Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Ignorance

To any fan who is keeping the faith with Worthington, just take a step back and look over our season, and to some extent last season.

We were favourites to go up this season, and now languish in 14th position after another abysmal performance.  Worthington has signed no-one who stands out and could improve our team, and any player that did i.e. Davenport was a short term fix on loan.  In my opinion we just wasted £3.5m on Earnshaw.

Last season we could easily have stayed up with some shrewd signings at the start of the season and then in January, we put all of our eggs in one basket by signing Ashton and it didn''t pay off.

This season we have not played like the Norwich of old, we don''t have a midfield and rarely create.  Worthington''s time has run out, it happens to every manager, and unfortunately our board are too spineless to sack him, and he is too stubborn to leave.  We, the fans, are the only people who can influence any decision now.

Worthington''s past successes are no longer important, it is now that we should be focusing on, and look where we are.  Why on Earth would you want him at our club?

I agree with your post in essence. I don''t think we have wasted £3.5 million on Earnshaw though. If he doesn''t do well at Norwich I think it will be down to our style of play rather than him. He scores goals for fun and if we give him the right service he will do well for us! I also think saying we could have stayed up easily last year with shrewd signings is a bit harsh. The premiership is a difficult league to stay in and we didn''t have the financial resources to sign big names. Helveg, Bentley, Doherty, Charlton and Jonson all looked good signings on paper. I think we did well to still be in with a chance on the last day of the season - losing 6-0 to Fulham was criminal though!

You''re right - Worthy has taken the club as far as he can now and we are going backwards. I hope he resigns so we don''t have to sack him because he did do well taking us into the prem. I can''t see that happening so come on the board it''s time to be ruthless!