Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

How does everyone cope at work

I'm in suffolk and the ips41t fans seem to revel in our defeats whilst oblivious of their own pathetic state, you'd think they were EPL top 6, laughing at our loss and commenting on where we're going wrong .... really??? You're league 1 you cretins

On 19/09/2021 at 23:05, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm lucky that I only work with people who either don't watch football or support clubs below the PL. I don't get any grief because Norwich doesn't really even register for them one way or another. If I worked with people who support all the trendy, ultra rich mid table clubs that are literally nothing, a complete non-entity without one mans personal wealth that was earned outside of football like Brighton, Brentford or Palace fans then i know I'd get grief, so i'm so glad that I don't.

funnily enough its these types of teams whose fans I work with as I'm based in SW London. I'd quite happily swap with them at the moment, Brighton and Brentford especially who had a project similar to ours yet theirs seem to be working, would love some of their magic formula

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

funnily enough its these types of teams whose fans I work with as I'm based in SW London. I'd quite happily swap with them at the moment, Brighton and Brentford especially who had a project similar to ours yet theirs seem to be working, would love some of their magic formula

Brighton's 'project' relied on a multi millionaire pumping huge sums of his own money into the club - fair enough if you've got it - but their project is in no way similar to ours. 

• Thanks 1

“I’m not taking any s41t from a plastic fan like you? Have you ever tried visiting your stadium?”

usually respond along those lines

On 19/09/2021 at 23:03, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Luckily, there's only a couple of people I work with who really follow the footy and they are both Middlesbrough fans so they haven't got much to crow about. I've told them to look after Argos for us. I might pop to the Riverside one Saturday and see how he's getting on.

OTBC

Are you watching Argos at the Riverside or are you going to argos at Riverside  🤣🙈

On 19/09/2021 at 22:52, Midlands Yellow said:

Especially for fans not living in Norfolk. 

The kind ones say “I thought you were unlucky”(again) 

The nasty ****s say “you are so **** and shouldn’t be allowed promotion again” 

I’ve got to the stage when I just change the subject quickly. 

I work with a fellow norwich fan so we talk about it quite a bit. And then we get onto VAR and refs and then both get annoyed 🤣

21 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Most who support better teams are glory hunting armchair fans.

I always just say "I was born and raised in Norwich, I support Norwich, couldn't imagine supporting another team". Shuts half of them up. 

Same here ...

In the London area there are a lot of glory hunters , but a few "real supporters" too. I have a life long West Ham fan and a Brentford fan as colleague... The last one is the most compassionate tbh ... not basking in glory . Seen it all in the lower leagues and still has to pinch himself on matchdays.

In general I'm avoiding the subject atm , rather painful to talk about... 

"What's happened Robert? Didn't they learn from the last time they were in the PL?????" Difficult one to answer tbh

I work from home so colleagues not a problem. Its my effing 11 year old step daughter who needs to watch what she is saying, bringing up that they are bottom, no points, big goal diff........ she is gong to get a slap one day 🤣🤣

I would just like to point out that I would not hit a child....... unless they really pi55ed me off!!! 😇

There are a few football fans at my workplace. We all support different teams, but have some great conversations about the tactics and squad we think each of our teams should play in the next matches.

Every one I work with seem to be fans of the 'big boys' so never pay any attention to their bull****e elitist views.

All of them bar one (who is a fellow yellow lol) fully admit to never visiting their teams ground and support them because 'why would I want to support a team that doesn't win every week' 

One lad has in the last couple of years stopped supporting man utd (after 20 years of support apparently) and now is a man City "fan" but has also now bought a man utd shirt with Ronaldo on the back! 😂

It's absolutely unfathomable to me to even consider doing anything along those lines and the opinions of people like this mean absolutely nothing because the minute the money was pulled out of their clubs and they weren't winning week on week they'd jump ship to the next "big boys" clearly. 

The mood at work amongst us Norwich fans today has gone from pissed off, to full on realisation that it's never going to work at this level under Farke so we either sack him, or just go through the motions this season which will make for a long, depressing season.

Monday was tough, worst since the humiliation of project restart. WFH for the rest of the week so have avoided Liverpool Reserves taunts.

On 20/09/2021 at 08:01, Canary Wundaboy said:

One of the benefits of working remotely, I just stay out of the company’s “football” slack channel.

Me too- working from home hides a multitude of football-supporting sins.

Most at work are fans of Chelsea or one of two red north-west based monoliths, but luckily they are all nice people…