Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

How does everyone cope at work

Especially for fans not living in Norfolk. 

The kind ones say “I thought you were unlucky”(again) 

The nasty ****s say “you are so **** and shouldn’t be allowed promotion again” 

I’ve got to the stage when I just change the subject quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I live in the Midlands so for most people here, I'm the only Norwich fan they know. Honestly it gets really ****ing tedious as everyone piles in from all directions with "banter", seemingly unaware that every other ****er is sending me the same ****. Just bores me so I ignore tbh.

Edited by kick it off

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Luckily, there's only a couple of people I work with who really follow the footy and they are both Middlesbrough fans so they haven't got much to crow about. I've told them to look after Argos for us. I might pop to the Riverside one Saturday and see how he's getting on.

OTBC

I'm lucky that I only work with people who either don't watch football or support clubs below the PL. I don't get any grief because Norwich doesn't really even register for them one way or another. If I worked with people who support all the trendy, ultra rich mid table clubs that are literally nothing, a complete non-entity without one mans personal wealth that was earned outside of football like Brighton, Brentford or Palace fans then i know I'd get grief, so i'm so glad that I don't.

On 19/09/2021 at 23:03, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Luckily, there's only a couple of people I work with who really follow the footy and they are both Middlesbrough fans so they haven't got much to crow about. I've told them to look after Argos for us. I might pop to the Riverside one Saturday and see how he's getting on.

OTBC

Is this cheeky monkey one of them? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Is this cheeky monkey one of them? 

image.jpeg.d13c3708897d23cc70270a513b7aba24.jpeg

I've never had the displeasure of meeting him. Most Boro fans are really nice - down to earth, know where they're at. Even before and after we played them in the play off final they were OK. Some of them (as there were suddenly more of them when they were doing well...) got a little cocky after they beat us 1-0 at Carrow Road that year...but it all turned out alright in the end. 

OTBC

Football is rarely spoken about at work 

When I first joined my present company over 2 years ago, I spent the first 3 months at head office. We had a fantasy league running for the 2019-20 season, but nothing this season or the  season before. Most at HQ seem to be Liverpool fans, out on site I haven't a clue as it isn't discussed 

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I work with Villa and Wolves fans. The Wolves can’t say much and the Villa fans are actually quite sensible and sympathise. Best mates a baggies fan and he thinks we are joining them in the champs next season (not impressed with their style of football)

I work with Newcastle and Sunderland fans. Newcastle are destined for the drop according to them and Sunderland might get promoted but still aren't very good. So as a line city supporter I don't get too much grief. They all understand failure

Have to say we are becoming something if a laughing stock and it’s a bit embarrassing facing people week after week after yet another loss. 

I live in the Midlands as well. I’m the only Norwich fan my friends or colleagues know so at the moment just means I’m subjected to constant painful ‘banter’ all the time….really annoying most of the time but now getting embarrassing for me as well 

I work with a couple of Chelsea fans but both want Norwich to do well so don't rub it in.

Plus, work is in the real world and people tend to be much more polite when they're not behind a keyboard or camera.

8 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I think that to some, this forum is their work.....

Let's assign roles.

Mello is the office 'comedian', he cracks me up, he really does. 

I live in Nottingham, so most people here support forest or County, neither of them have anything to shout about at the moment either...... 

I live two doors away from a Ipswich fan we do have friendly banter between us , and we both agree on one thing at the moment that both our teams are rubbish so far this season . 

21 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I think that to some, this forum is their work.....

Leisure and pleasure for those still at work but the Pinkun becomes your life the day you retire. Dems de rules. 

As Danny Blanchflower used to say "get you retaliation in first".

Try some of these.

We are pre-loading our seasonal slump.

We are just giving the other teams a false sense of security.

Admit it, your team is also sh!t.

The season starts next Saturday.

Nobody wins the title in September.

10 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

Same, except replace "only a couple" with "all of them". Boro fans are alright, the ones I work with want us to succeed.

What I like is that everyone here supports Middlesbrough, even though I technically live in a different county to Middlesbrough (but is the closest team). When I was growing up in the Fine City, there were Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea fans everywhere but here 99% of them are Middlesbrough. I respect that. My son has caused some chaos at his school by converting a few to City fans though!

12 hours ago, kick it off said:

I live in the Midlands so for most people here, I'm the only Norwich fan they know. Honestly it gets really ****ing tedious as everyone piles in from all directions with "banter", seemingly unaware that every other ****er is sending me the same ****. Just bores me so I ignore tbh.

I also live in The West Midlands, I am like fair enough when it's Villa, Wolves fans but my friend who is a Coventry fan was giving it the big one the other day after we had been beaten by Watford. I just thought we would batter you as would Watford and you have no chance of having the chance to yoyo because you won't be anywhere near the promotion places anytime soon. I genuinely do not care about the opinion of  fans of Chelsea, Liverpool and the rest of the so called big 4/5 when they have no affiliation with the place where there team are based and rarely go to games. I tend to just ask those fans how many games did you go to last season or been to this season? Or innocently ask did you go to the game at the weekend? Knowing full well they never. 

Edited by Alex

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I also live in The West Midlands, I am like fair enough when it's Villa, Wolves fans but my friend who is a Coventry fan was giving it the big one the other day after we had been beaten by Watford. I just thought we would batter you as would Watford and you have no chance of having the chance to yoyo because you won't be anywhere near the promotion places anytime soon. I genuinely do not care about the opinion of  fans of Chelsea, Liverpool and the rest of the so called big 4/5 when they have no affiliation with the place where there team are based and rarely go to games. I tend to just ask those fans how many games did you go to last season or been to this season? Or innocently ask did you go to the game at the weekend? Knowing full well they never. 

Coventry are dark horses this season, don’t rule them out. 

F*ck colleagues.

Most who support better teams are glory hunting armchair fans.

I always just say "I was born and raised in Norwich, I support Norwich, couldn't imagine supporting another team". Shuts half of them up. 

I've found joining in the **** banter and predicting the worst is the way to go.

Predicted 20th, none of the new signings are good enough, might as well have stayed down... bored them to death with talk about the "self funded" model.

When I don't display any pride about who I support, it leaves little room for banter.

Football is literally the main topic of conversation here, about half of us are Norwich fans so you can imagine there's a lot of raised voices today 😁. One of the lads is a Villa fan who's always fair about us, just had a decent chat his take is we have the players to get out of this mess but he's not sure Farke has the tactical ability to make it work and that he's too stubborn, which I totally agree with. We both came to the conclusion either Farke needs to adapt his approach to the Premier league or we will go down without a change.