Sign in to follow this  
KanYe West

Mike Newell's available

It seems like Luton are ready to let him leave. He has had talks with leicester and is now waiting on a contract offer. Surely Norwich would be a better move for him. What do you reckon?

[quote user="Old Boy"]Too much of a gamble for me.[/quote]

than what worthy?? Newell has done well at Luton AND Hartlepool, his teams pass the ball. Worthy has lost more games than he has won overall and getting worse by the game and he hoofs it up to a 5''6" striker!! lol its funny cos its true

Luton 23-06-2003 Present 142 68 41 33

Hartlepool 21-11-2002 30-05-2003 29 13 7 9

http://www.soccerbase.com/managers2.sd?managerid=1837

http://www.soccerbase.com/managers2.sd?managerid=1319

Would he want to come to Norwich? I think he would be a good choice. He''s got Luton playing good football. Just one problem - we have to get rid of Worthy first and I can''t see the board doing that just yet. I bet by the time we do (if we do!) Newell will either have signed a new contract at Luton or joined another club.

[quote user="Old Boy"]Too much of a gamble for me.[/quote]

I trust that was tongue in cheek OldBoy?

That is the answer you would get from ours spineless Board. What about Boothroyd?? When he was appointed the Watford fans went beserk, they even tried to get Elton John to intervene as I recall. Now of course Boothroyd is the hero (and rightly so). Appointing him was a hell of a gamble but they had clearly done a lot of good research and it is paying off for them.

Newell gets his sides to play good, passing football. Even down here when we beat them I thought some of their football was the best I had seen at Carrow Road this season.     

Newell may be a gamble, as would WHOEVER we appoint as a worthy replacement - but it seems less of one than leaving Worthy in charge old boy.   1 draw and 5 defeats since the new year is average performance - i gues 6 defeats would be below average so what is diabolical then?

Looks at leicesters and newcastles performances, not results, since they sacked their managers - the same set of players appear revistalised as the old favourites have to earn new favours and old ones think they can finally have a fair chance to impress.  That si what I think a new man will bring;  plus i we do it now the new manager cant panic spend any money so will have a genuine 4 montshto assess the squad at first hand.

Newell would be a gamble but he has doen what all managers should aspire to - getting any set of players to perform better than their individual talents.