Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

What would you do if you were Normann

12 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Fcuk my old boots as we say in these parts 

I presume that must be Suffolk surely! 😃

Lets not single our Normann who I thought was fairly decent in the main. These types o issues and defensive frailties have been a feature of our game throughout the entirety of Farke's regime and are another erason why a Tettey or Skipp replacement was the most important signing of this summer. 

But fundamentally he needs to change how we defend as a team. The starting point needs to be solidity and being hard to beat. At present we are the polar opposite. 

20 hours ago, Mullet said:

So poised at 1-1 on 63', Normann (who said he hates losing) totally stopped playing and let his man go and set up the 2nd goal, a pivotal goal that changed the game and deflated everyone.

Being Normann do you :

Do nothing

Apologise to the team and manager

or publicly apologise to club, team and fans for that game changing lack of effort

If it was me I'd go public and specifically apologise to the fans

So because we lost how about our whole team come out and publicly apologise. Seriously what a pathetic post. Like to see you out on the pitch getting everything spot on all the time. Nobody likes losing ffs but you definitely can't win every game (in our case a Premier league at all 🥴)

If I was Norman I would confront the desiccated corpse of mother in her her rocking chair and scream at her for making me commit such an egregious act of footballing depravity.

20 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

As encouraging as his performance was he looks like another player who isn't very athletic or fast and can't cover a lot of ground in a way that you would expect from a defensive midfielder. I think that's what people were getting at when we were told he's not a Skipp or Tettey replacement. 

We needed players like Billing or O'Brien who are athletic enough to cover enough ground to get forward and track back fast enough to compete in this league. Normann has his positives but again, he doesn't look like a good enough athlete to me to play in a lower PL team's midfield. Yes he's a unit but if he's not quick or agile enough to move about the pitch then he won't get into positions when his strength is useful. 

Sissoko and Kucha looked like exactly the type of players we need, big, strong, fast and they can get about the pitch easily. We've gone for technical footballers again over players who are athletic enough to play in this league and it's the reason why it always looks like men against boys when we play another top flight team

I think he Will have a good season. He wants to impres so he can have a good contract in the UK, italy ore germany next season. He dos not want to stay in Russia (ore championship)

Not match fitt right now, but Will fight and give what he have this season

1 hour ago, C.I.D said:

Miss Scarlet or Professor Plum ? 

Out of respect for the op I think Professor Plum would be better.😉