Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

What would you do if you were Normann

So poised at 1-1 on 63', Normann (who said he hates losing) totally stopped playing and let his man go and set up the 2nd goal, a pivotal goal that changed the game and deflated everyone.

Being Normann do you :

Do nothing

Apologise to the team and manager

or publicly apologise to club, team and fans for that game changing lack of effort

If it was me I'd go public and specifically apologise to the fans

And just when I thought we had already reached the bottom of how silly posts there can be. So, you'd really want one of our best performers in the match to give public apology that he had run out of steam to cover fullback who played himself out? After his first game here? Really?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hepphep said:

And just when I thought we had already reached the bottom of how silly posts there can be. So, you'd really want one of our best performers in the match to give public apology that he had run out of steam to cover fullback who played himself out? After his first game here? Really?

He did play well for 62 minutes. Are you sure he ran out of puff poor fellow he is a professional footballer and football is 90 minute game. 

He may have been tired but come he didn't even try

12 minutes ago, hepphep said:

Yeah, posts are now getting embarrassing and hoping they're just posters trolling rather than being serious.

Publicly apologising for making a mistake in a football game...Jesus wept.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Fcuk my old boots as we say in these parts 

Might get a verrucae on my lips if I do that 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, posts are now getting embarrassing and hoping they're just posters trolling rather than being serious.

Publicly apologising for making a mistake in a football game...Jesus wept.

I didn't suggest he do that, I asked what you would do please read the post properly.

And it wasn't a mistake, which everyone does in every walk of life it was zero effort which is not the same, please read the post mate

It wasn’t just Normann though was it? He maybe could’ve signalled earlier that he was done maybe.   Or the staff could have hauled him off earlier? Or we could’ve not gone gung-ho at that point and realized a point was progress from where we had been and dug in to get it over the line. 
Or our statuesque central defensive pair could have noticed Sarr waltzing across them? It’s a catalogue of errors as a team and staff which has to be put right. 
Apart from that he had a fine assist and looked a decent addition. 

If you watched a game and we lost when you were expecting us to win. Do you :

A) Swear, get annoyed but then, ultimately get over it, get on with your life and hope for better next game.

B) Cry about it and try to get rid of one of our best managers

C) Take to a message board and make a stupid thread, asking a stupid question.

Nevermind, I know the answer. For the record, I'd do A.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

It wasn’t just Normann though was it? He maybe could’ve signalled earlier that he was done maybe.   Or the staff could have hauled him off earlier? Or we could’ve not gone gung-ho at that point and realized a point was progress from where we had been and dug in to get it over the line. 
Or our statuesque central defensive pair could have noticed Sarr waltzing across them? It’s a catalogue of errors as a team and staff which has to be put right. 
Apart from that he had a fine assist and looked a decent addition. 

Yeh he really good first half, I'm baffled by the 2nd goal tbh

24 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

If you watched a game and we lost when you were expecting us to win. Do you :

A) Swear, get annoyed but then, ultimately get over it, get on with your life and hope for better next game.

B) Cry about it and try to get rid of one of our best managers

C) Take to a message board and make a stupid thread, asking a stupid question.

Nevermind, I know the answer. For the record, I'd do A.

Well now you're just being nasty, but ok I made a post because if I was a professional footballer and had looked to have stood still on a football pitch I would out of respect want to explain why. It wasn't a p!ss take thread or a troll. But some don't like it and have misunderstood it so I apologise. There a public apology that didn't hurt one bit

Edited by Mullet

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

So poised at 1-1 on 63', Normann (who said he hates losing) totally stopped playing and let his man go and set up the 2nd goal, a pivotal goal that changed the game and deflated everyone.

Being Normann do you :

Do nothing

or publicly apologise to club, team and fans for that game changing lack of effort

He really should, he could private message each and every one too, just so we know it’s sincere

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

Being Normann do you :

Do nothing

The goal was Hanleys fault... what on earth was he doing a) sitting so deep and b) letting his man get in front of him for the cut back.

Hanley isn't the answer at this level

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He really should, he could private message each and every one too, just so we know it’s sincere

And another over reaction.

Sargent and Farke both interviewed and both made reference to the impact of that second goal. My point was if we were Normann would we interview to say hey look sorry it looked bad but I was absolutely Knackered or whatever the case may be. I didn't say he should do that, or I expect him to do that or I'm going to rip up my season ticket, that's you guys not reading it or wanting to misinterpret it and over react. 

8 minutes ago, Mullet said:

And another over reaction.

Sargent and Farke both interviewed and both made reference to the impact of that second goal. My point was if we were Normann would we interview to say hey look sorry it looked bad but I was absolutely Knackered or whatever the case may be. I didn't say he should do that, or I expect him to do that or I'm going to rip up my season ticket, that's you guys not reading it or wanting to misinterpret it and over react. 

It was actually sarcasm. 
Why should a footballer apologise each time he makes a mistake? Especially someone playing their first ever game in the premier league.

I personally would do something about his hair it is only second to Cantwell in the annoying hair front 

Edited by Uncle Fred

16 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

The goal was Hanleys fault... what on earth was he doing a) sitting so deep and b) letting his man get in front of him for the cut back.

Hanley isn't the answer at this level

No I agree, It's just frustrating that at this level they scored so easily. If we get undone by genius then fair enough but Normann allowed King to virtually walk past him, then put a cross in like hey someone else will deal with it, then Hanley getting done. I mean It's so bad I don't think 6 months of training and watching videos will sort it out

I'm sorry, but this thread is typical of the namby pamby happy clapping nonsense that has insidiously made itself part of our fan base over the last few years.

It's obvious what Normann should do.

He should strip himself naked, flagellate himself till his body is red and raw, rub burning ashes into the gaping wounds and then crawl around the city on his hands and knees carrying a 200 Kg wooden cross on his back and chanting recitations from the bible and begging for forgiveness from passers by. 

Anything less than this proves that he just doesn't care!!! 😡

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

It was actually sarcasm. 
Why should a footballer apologise each time he makes a mistake? Especially someone playing their first ever game in the premier league.

I don't want to fall out with you mate I mostly enjoy the banter on here. 

I never said he should apologise I asked if it was you, would you. And I keep saying it wasn't a mistake. Every footballer in every game probably makes mistakes it's part of the game. Normann stood still and let King walk past him for the second goal that's not a mistake that's lazy or not caring. If it was me I would want to clear that up. 

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'm sorry, but this thread is typical of the namby pamby happy clapping nonsense that has insidiously made itself part of our fan base over the last few years.

It's obvious what Normann should do.

He should strip himself naked, flagellate himself till his body is red and raw, rub burning ashes into the gaping wounds and then crawl around the city on his hands and knees carrying a 200 Kg wooden cross on his back and chanting recitations from the bible and begging for forgiveness from passers by. 

Anything less than this proves that he just doesn't care!!! 😡

Do you over react like this in all aspects of your life? If you do how do you hold a job or relationship?

18 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Do you over react like this in all aspects of your life? If you do how do you hold a job or relationship?

I wasn't being 100% serious. 

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I wasn't being 100% serious. 

I've certainly learned to be careful what I post. I'm not malicious or insidious I started a debate that has been misread, misinterpreted or not read at all and it got out of hand. I guess I'm the sort that if I fcuk up I say hey I fcked up, especially if I was a professional footballer I would do that. I'm not saying I expect it but sometimes it would be refreshing to hear even in politics.

All the best Thirsty that's enough from me ))

As encouraging as his performance was he looks like another player who isn't very athletic or fast and can't cover a lot of ground in a way that you would expect from a defensive midfielder. I think that's what people were getting at when we were told he's not a Skipp or Tettey replacement. 

We needed players like Billing or O'Brien who are athletic enough to cover enough ground to get forward and track back fast enough to compete in this league. Normann has his positives but again, he doesn't look like a good enough athlete to me to play in a lower PL team's midfield. Yes he's a unit but if he's not quick or agile enough to move about the pitch then he won't get into positions when his strength is useful. 

Sissoko and Kucha looked like exactly the type of players we need, big, strong, fast and they can get about the pitch easily. We've gone for technical footballers again over players who are athletic enough to play in this league and it's the reason why it always looks like men against boys when we play another top flight team

8 hours ago, Mullet said:

I don't want to fall out with you mate I mostly enjoy the banter on here. 

I never said he should apologise I asked if it was you, would you. And I keep saying it wasn't a mistake. Every footballer in every game probably makes mistakes it's part of the game. Normann stood still and let King walk past him for the second goal that's not a mistake that's lazy or not caring. If it was me I would want to clear that up. 

I’d be absolutely gutted if it was me. 
Confidence is at an extreme low in this group already! 
I’d like to hope that the coaching team are looking at all of the individual errors and giving a telling off