Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

What would you do if you were Farke

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I agree about a defensive coach, I confess I don’t know who has that role atm, or indeed if the role exists, but it must do, anyway whoever it is needs some help.

Riemer played Center Back so you presume it's his area, but his experience is severely lacking:-

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/edmund-riemer/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/36234

Hence why I say we are likely strong on theocraticals, but so naïve in practise.  Too many players getting a run on us, and we offer no tricks of the trade - Hanley was great last season at winning free kicks in his own half and we need that kind of play in this league.

This is why getting someone like Cahill would've been massive for us, to learn from his experience and knowledge that's been passed down via the likes of John Terry etc.  It's that lack of real world experience in our team and management that makes pundits nail us down as being relegation certainties.

Who could step up? I don't know, but it wouldn't take Webber long to find someone I'm sure, and I fail to believe it's a big expense either.  We've only got a few standout Centre Backs in recent memory really.  Likes of Fleming, MacKay etc. 

MacKay's name is tarnished, think Fleming is involved in youth or something?  So really, I think missing out on Cahill was a chance missed.

• Like 2

Its noteworthy for me that Hanley has been outstanding as part of a back 3 with wing backs for Scotland, possiblky because having the extra centre half there gives them all a bit of cover. I think a trio at the back of him, Kabak and Big Andy with Max and Dimi as woing backs is worth trying in one of these upcoming away games.

I also think we need to be getting Tzolis into the starting line up. Maybe;

Krul

Kabak Hanley Omobamidele

Aarons                                 Gianoulis

Normann Gilmour 

Sargent Pukki Tzolis/Cantwell

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Its noteworthy for me that Hanley has been outstanding as part of a back 3 with wing backs for Scotland, possiblky because having the extra centre half there gives them all a bit of cover. I think a trio at the back of him, Kabak and Big Andy with Max and Dimi as woing backs is worth trying in one of these upcoming away games.

I also think we need to be getting Tzolis into the starting line up. Maybe;

Krul

Kabak Hanley Omobamidele

Aarons                                 Gianoulis

Normann Gilmour 

Sargent Pukki Tzolis/Cantwell

That midfield would get totally overrun. Watch the games man our midfield is by far the poorest, weakest most pedestrian one in the premiership. Normann and Gilmour would be run ragged!

14 hours ago, Bomber said:

Problem is we are not quick enough on the counter most teams are from their own penalty area into the opposing area within 10/15 secs - by the time we have got the ball, stopped it a few times and played a few passes around in midfield then the counter attack has gone 

Agreed - when Watford broke away several times in the second half they did so with searing pace and in numbers. Tzolis is said to 'have pace' but has been gently eased into the team and we haven't really seen much evidence of that so far. Maybe tomorrow night? Historically, I can never recall a Norwich side with runners breaking really quickly from midfield on the counter.

I don't agree with all this nonsense about defensive coaches etc. The coaches and players know their jobs. 

What's wrong is they are not working as a unit. 

Thats partly personnel, partly formation. 

For me, three at the back, five in effect, will mean we just drop even deeper and spend more time playing it around at the back until the press of every single team causes a mistake. 

I would go back to 4231.

Play two holders. Probably Normann and melou, who together offer physicality, pragmatism, and the ability to get forward. For me, gilmour shouldn't be anywhere near that starting eleven. 

Play three behind the striker, to give us a chance to have an outlet, hold the ball up, and play more in the opponents half. 

For me, pukki is just toast. Pace is gone and just isn't good enough now for this level. 

Sergant, who has pace, strength, and good in the air up top. 

Dowell behind with that creativity. 

Rashica and tzolis out wide for pace, or cantwell for more guile. 

Back four of, well Aarons and three others, we just don't know who is best right now, but for me, Gibson offers more quality and finesse than Hanley tbh, but either of those with one of the others!

Probably the man u lad at left back, but I worry we have dumped giannloulis far too fast. 

Crucially, stop the bloody full backs pushing up the pitch so high, leaving our triangle of centre backs and krull to get closed down every bloody time, and which leaves gaping holes opposition just play into down each wing. Play a flat back four and focus and solidity. 

We don't need root and branch, new coaches etc. 

Either farke starts playing to our strengths and looking to do more than plonk three midfielders in and watch them disappear, or he walks. 

43 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed - when Watford broke away several times in the second half they did so with searing pace and in numbers. Tzolis is said to 'have pace' but has been gently eased into the team and we haven't really seen much evidence of that so far. Maybe tomorrow night? Historically, I can never recall a Norwich side with runners breaking really quickly from midfield on the counter.

You don't remember the names Bellamy, eadie, and huckerby then...? 

35 minutes ago, fredherring said:

I don't agree with all this nonsense about defensive coaches etc. The coaches and players know their jobs. 

Hanley and Kabak have more experience than any of our coaches playing top level games, so what can they possibly learn from them other than theories? There's no-one there reading them the riot act for the slackness, and that's because no-one can stand from a point of experienced authority over them on the matter to be able to do that.

They'd have given their right nut to play for their country in the Euros, or Champions League games for a team like Liverpool.

They may 'know' what they're supposed to be doing, but they're so far ineffective of making it show on match days for the second time in this league, and 15 straight defeats. That's a proven fact.

They need to get some help in the doors - 10m on a player dwarfs what we'd have to pay an experienced coach to be an additional head.   To support this problem, commentators are universal in calling us naïve and pointing out the ball watching and lack of organisation at the back.  It's like a scream that no-one is responding to.

Edited by Google Bot

If I were Farke, I would take the rest of the season off. I would set up a system where users of the PinkUn forum would take it in turns managing the team each week. As everyone on here knows what they're doing with squad selection we would have a great chance in staying up this season. 

During the January transfer window there will be a live voting system on all transfer related decisions and bids.