Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

What would you do if you were Farke

As a last resort now I think I would swallow my pride and ask my good friends Klopp and Pep for advice. They may be able to give a snip of advice based on what they have seen and why its not working. Sometimes when you're standing in the forest you can't see the wood for the trees

More likely to be Pep and Tuchel as he is not that well acquainted with Klopp.  Anyhow, I am sure he is well aware of what he needs to do - get the new players to gel as a team - and that will take time, work and strength of mind, from him and the players. 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

I would do something different. I would probably try three at the back at Everton. 3-5-2.

Almost certainly that will happen. It's nonsense to keep hyping up Gibson whilst keeping him on the bench! McLean will make way and I guess either PLM or the 'first choice' Rupp will replace Gilmour.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would do something different. I would probably try three at the back at Everton. 3-5-2.

So you think it's a formation issue rather than the personnel?

Would you scrap zonal marking, I saw 4 Norwich players marking each other just before the 1st goal yesterday, they didn't seem to know what the hell they were doing

32 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

More likely to be Pep and Tuchel as he is not that well acquainted with Klopp.  Anyhow, I am sure he is well aware of what he needs to do - get the new players to gel as a team - and that will take time, work and strength of mind, from him and the players. 

Tuchel has already done his bit this season, he loaned us Gilmour to see if he was going to be a Premiership player and we changed our setup to accommodate him. That has been our biggest mistake this season so far. 

Edited by Yellow Wal
  • Like 1

He’s got to go more pragmatic. Try and grind out a few results and then get more expansive from there.

I watched Everton v Burnley and they weren’t great for much of it. They had a great 20 minutes where the game opened up snd they got to run at the Burnley back 4.

He needs to either go back to 4-2-3-1 and play two holding midfielders for a few games or try 3 centre backs. Hanley and Gilmour have excelled in that system for Scotland.

Sorry we are too lightweight, need more physicality especially in middle of park.  New players need more time together. Premier League takes no prisoners. Knew Watford and Brentford would cope with big lads.

Think the new signings will come good just have to get to know their team mates strengths

• Like 2

Pick what I think is the best team and formation and let them start the next three games bar injury/suspension and dare I say it, performance. We need to build up some cohesion on the field and while it’s great to have all the options they need to gel as a team that actually looks like they can play together.

Honestly, I'd get the team together and have an open debate on where everyone feels it's been going wrong.

I'd also speak with the board about bringing in a more experienced defensive coach who's played at this level and knows the tricks of the trade - As it feels that we have a strong theoretical coaching team, but no grit of realism of what's needed on the field of battle.

Also, someone to bring the hairdryer treatment those players into not making stupid mistakes.  Farke needs a Nigel Pearson style assistant to back him up, someone who genuinely will not settle for slackness and send out the team for second half with a rocket up their ****.

Sure these are young players and you need to be more delicate, but they'll feel hell of a lot worse if this carries on then someone telling them the home truths midway in matches to be able to correct it.

• Like 3

Small his pride and get some experienced premier league coaches in that have some clue how to win a game of football in the premier league 

• Like 1

Just now, Monty13 said:

Pick what I think is the best team and formation and let them start the next three games bar injury/suspension and dare I say it, performance. We need to build up some cohesion on the field and while it’s great to have all the options they need to gel as a team that actually looks like they can play together.

I think this is a very solid idea. Let the players you think are your best play in consecutive games. To much chopping and changing. 

Make us hard to beat, if that means being boring be boring. Get some fùçking consolidation at the back. If yesterday’s goals against tell us anything It that we are all at sixes and sevens in defence. First 2 Watford goal were down to the attacker being more alert and wanting it more. 

• Like 1

Back in one of Farkes earlier seasons I can remember us stopping the rot with a proper sh*thouse win at Shef United. So he has in the past shown a willingness to be pragmatic. I just feel we need to switch to that mode for a few games. 

I dont think any gigantic changes are necessarily the right choice. Just because the fans are melting down doesnt mean Farke should change everything. What we are actually talking about is three somewhat winnable matches that we have lost, all of them with new players. With some time to settle who knows what will happen. In early 18/19 some fans wanted him out, look how wrong they were. 

I trust in farke to figure out what is best. But if I was him, which I am not, I might try a 5-3-2 with something like Hanley, kabak, Andy, Aarons, Giannoulis, PLM, McLean, Gilmour, Sargeant and Pukki. Park the bus and counterattack. Hit it long to Sargeant and have him chest it down to Pukki. Keep a clean sheet and then pray for a lucky goal. 

• Like 1

Farke has the following options:

1. Resign and forgo 4 years compensation.

2. Wait for the men and ladies in grey suits to tell you your time is up.

3. Agree to go by mutual consent.

4. Eat humble pie by bringing in Claudio Ranieri or basically any top Italian to sort out the defence.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

4. Eat humble pie by bringing in Claudio Ranieri or basically any top Italian to sort out the defence.

I think you'll find that's the boy Farke.    

23 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

I dont think any gigantic changes are necessarily the right choice. Just because the fans are melting down doesnt mean Farke should change everything. What we are actually talking about is three somewhat winnable matches that we have lost, all of them with new players. With some time to settle who knows what will happen. In early 18/19 some fans wanted him out, look how wrong they were. 

I trust in farke to figure out what is best. But if I was him, which I am not, I might try a 5-3-2 with something like Hanley, kabak, Andy, Aarons, Giannoulis, PLM, McLean, Gilmour, Sargeant and Pukki. Park the bus and counterattack. Hit it long to Sargeant and have him chest it down to Pukki. Keep a clean sheet and then pray for a lucky goal. 

Play every game as underdogs which we are and play to counter. Seems good logic to me

• Like 1

Just win a match and quickly. Confidence must be shaky to say the least but one win could galvanise them. The only problem is your just hoping now instead of expecting. 

12 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

If you were him would you walk without pay, hold out to get sacked or bring in other coaches. You are him right now which one?

11 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Play every game as underdogs which we are and play to counter. Seems good logic to me

Problem is we are not quick enough on the counter most teams are from their own penalty area into the opposing area within 10/15 secs - by the time we have got the ball, stopped it a few times and played a few passes around in midfield then the counter attack has gone 

5 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Problem is we are not quick enough on the counter most teams are from their own penalty area into the opposing area within 10/15 secs - by the time we have got the ball, stopped it a few times and played a few passes around in midfield then the counter attack has gone 

Leicester and Vardy are brilliant at the counter, should we be using Placheta?

13 minutes ago, Mullet said:

If you were him would you walk without pay, hold out to get sacked or bring in other coaches. You are him right now which one?

I would not forgo £8 million, or whatever he is on.

I would not wait for the grey suits.

I would not eat humble pie.

So I would look for a mutual consent.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Honestly, I'd get the team together and have an open debate on where everyone feels it's been going wrong.

I'd also speak with the board about bringing in a more experienced defensive coach who's played at this level and knows the tricks of the trade - As it feels that we have a strong theoretical coaching team, but no grit of realism of what's needed on the field of battle.

Also, someone to bring the hairdryer treatment those players into not making stupid mistakes.  Farke needs a Nigel Pearson style assistant to back him up, someone who genuinely will not settle for slackness and send out the team for second half with a rocket up their ****.

Sure these are young players and you need to be more delicate, but they'll feel hell of a lot worse if this carries on then someone telling them the home truths midway in matches to be able to correct it.

I agree about a defensive coach, I confess I don’t know who has that role atm, or indeed if the role exists, but it must do, anyway whoever it is needs some help.

1 minute ago, Big Vince said:

I would not forgo £8 million, or whatever he is on.

I would not wait for the grey suits.

I would not eat humble pie.

So I would look for a mutual consent.

Fair play, me to

Take a page out of Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel’ book and not out of England boss Gareth Southgate’ book lol